PDA

View Full Version : Express Freighters Australia

sandpit
21st Apr 2006, 07:00
A mate of mine has just been advised he is short listed for an interview with these guys. Does anyone know who they are for sure? Is it QF/Aust Post or is that just a guess?

Capt Fathom
21st Apr 2006, 07:48
The Search function above, revealed this and several other references:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220718

May provide some clues :ok:

sandpit
21st Apr 2006, 09:05
Thanks Capt, I had read that, but there didn't seem to be anything other than guesses. I wondered if anyone had any more news now.

3 Holer
21st Apr 2006, 09:48
Hey sandpit if your mate has been "short listed for an interview with these guys" why didn't he tell you who they were?

Guppy Driver
21st Apr 2006, 11:14
Hey 3 Holer - maybe they didn't tell him who they really are:bored:

SOPS
22nd Apr 2006, 15:09
So.....???? Who are they? Does anyone know?:confused:

jack red
23rd Apr 2006, 00:05
Anyone who has a short list of interviewees and won't identify themselves is sus ! Sounds like a fishing expedition to me.

Taggert
23rd Apr 2006, 03:15
Think its Qantass, using 4*733 from their NZ subsidiary.
There's also a media release on the Q's Website.

TOPC
23rd Apr 2006, 04:49
From a KIWI Jetconnect Captain.Quite a coup for them.
Qantas AOC .NZ Crewing company Jetconnect,to supply pilots from NZ JETCONNECT .Pilots there esp the Kiwis very happy about this.Aus dollar
= 1.19 NZ Super , 6weeks leave , travel .etc.
Yet to be told of ALL the conditions .
Apparently1/3 of the JC pilots registered interest.
Pilots also outside of Aus being considered
Pilots being contacted to be told of interviews pending next month .

sounded genuine.::ok:

rescue 1
23rd Apr 2006, 05:08
I saw an earlier press release to say that they were using the Jetconnect B733's for the AaE contract, but nothing else about the crewing side has been floated about.

Roost
25th Apr 2006, 02:59
Has anyone heard rumours of basings? and are there any new runs?

WangFunk
29th Apr 2006, 02:12
This thread has bbecome awfully quite. Is it just the one person here who has a friend thats been shortlisted?

KnifeEdge
29th Apr 2006, 02:50
I have been shortlisted as well, but have not heard anything back at this stage. Assessment days supposed to be in early May, so things are not looking so good.:ugh:
KE

Roost
29th Apr 2006, 03:07
I received the email,along with 3 others in our company but no one has heard a thing yet.

WangFunk
29th Apr 2006, 03:36
Is that for a Captains position or for F/O?

Roost
29th Apr 2006, 03:43
F/O................

hoss
29th Apr 2006, 10:51
yes, i got the shortlist email as well. fingers crossed for an interview soon:) .

otto the grot
29th Apr 2006, 11:39
That would make me number 8 on this list.

I have heard up to 15 aircraft.

Roost
30th Apr 2006, 00:58
There maybe 15 733 but I don't think there all heading for express, would be great if your right though. Think there was mention of 4 in there article about the convertion there doing at Avalon. You would only expect they could convert 4 in the six month contracts there offering maintainence staff.

Grivation
30th Apr 2006, 01:42
Are the guys on the shortlist all type rated?

18-Wheeler
30th Apr 2006, 01:48
Could someone please send me the generic email they sent, as I too am short-listed but my anti-spam software accidentally got too agressive and deleted the email.
I need to reply to them to let them know when or if I can make the interviews.

Cactus Jak
30th Apr 2006, 01:48
I think the 737s are replacing 5 727s, in which case, having less capacity than the 727, 4 737s won't be nearly enough. 15 may be a little wide of the mark but i definately think there will be more than 4 to cover the 727 work.

Ramrod
30th Apr 2006, 02:32
I have a similar problem to 18-wheeler, my wife deleted the email that was stopped by the anti-spam software:uhoh: Must remember to tell her when I apply for a position;)
If someone could PM me a copy of the email it would be appreciated.

I'm not type rated.

Roost
30th Apr 2006, 11:49
The guys in our company arn't type rate, no jet time either, just turbine f/o & command. hours varying from 3500-10000. Mix of experience and backgrounds all for F/O positions.

otto the grot
1st May 2006, 01:11
Not type rated either

Grivation
1st May 2006, 07:37
That is interesting - I know two typed, current and experienced FO's who haven't heard anything.

Strange way to recruit for a new operation??

mangatete
8th May 2006, 04:59
Anybody heard when they are going to start the interviews?

Contract Con
8th May 2006, 12:48
Gday,

I hate to dash anyones hopes but, I'm told QF mainline are going to crew it.

Apparently the 73 chief is sick of losing lines of flying and is not going to let this one get past him.

The AAE freight flying will just be rostered into the existing 73 flying.

Not first hand fact, just what I am told

Cheers,

Con:ok:

otto the grot
9th May 2006, 04:25
Dunno Con.
I heard the exact opposite from a qantas 737 bloke. Said they bidded for the work but missed out.

mangatete
9th May 2006, 07:01
Mainline must be getting desperate if they are wanting to get a piece of this night action... with some old 733's. will they need to keep a FA seat fitted for tea and coffee service or is that only needed in the 767

Contract Con
9th May 2006, 07:22
Otto,

Yeah, who knows then. I was just relaying what I had been told by someone with one of the other interested parties.

Anyones guess as to who will do it.

Cheers,

Statorblade
9th May 2006, 08:03
One thing is certain, it will be done the cheapest way possible with whoever can do it that way.

I highly doubt QF mainline would be in a position to match the infrastructure costs of a stand alone operation. Salaries are totally incompatible for a start.

Besides, GD wants to split all areas of QF into separate and less expensive operations a la J* etc.

mrs nomer
16th May 2006, 05:29
Deathly quiet on the subject. Has anyone heard anything further ? :confused:

sandpit
22nd May 2006, 02:34
Early May has come and gone. Did anyone get the promised interview?

max autobrakes
31st May 2006, 07:08
It`s Australian Air Express, and they presently fly 727 freighters.
They are also in the process of putting some "barn" doors on some ex Qantas 737 300`s sourced from "Jit Connict" down at Avalon. The rumour is these 300`s will be replaced one for one from mainline Qantas 737 400`s. Qantas couldn`t even come close to the costings that the AAE boys currently do it for.So I guess there will be some 737 conversions at AAE soon.

Contract Con
31st May 2006, 10:38
mmm close, but no cigar

Not unless they get through QF stage one etc etc:ouch:

All is not what it seems, as usual with the QF Group.

Cheers,

Cactus Jak
1st Jun 2006, 00:36
I believe the 727 crews will need to apply along with everyone else. ie they'll be out of a job come sept/oct when the first of the 737s comes online.
Pretty stressful time for those guys i would suspect. Best of luck to them.

Howard Hughes
1st Jun 2006, 05:59
Would the real Express Freighters please stand up?;)

RENURPP
2nd Jun 2006, 10:21
I have also heard and believe it they will be crewed by mainline.
That is an interesting move.

Sal-e
2nd Jun 2006, 14:03
I've been invited for an interview in Sydney on the 7th and the 8th June (next week). Anyone else invited?
Day one consists of a medical and a psych test. Day two is a skills assessment, a panel interview and a simulator assessment.

jack red
2nd Jun 2006, 23:48
Good........no more guessing about who the operator is.

Medical and a psych test........has to be Qantas. :D

Sal-e
2nd Jun 2006, 23:57
You're right about that one,Jack....sort of. They've contracted Qantas to carry out the recruitment. Only bum side is that these guys are pulling the Emirates and Gulfair trick and making you pay for your way to Sydney and all the tests......Must be a new industry standard.

jack red
3rd Jun 2006, 02:30
........and if no one flew to Sydney at their own expense, Qantas would have to buy the tickets. :ugh:

I am not buying a ticket..........if they want me, they come up here or fly me down......'tis one or the other.

otto the grot
4th Jun 2006, 04:40
They're not exactly endearing themselves to prospective employees.

Advertise for pilots. Tell 'em sweet FA about the job and conditions and who they would be working for. Tease a few by suggesting that they might have an interview, when in reality they have only been shortlisted to be selected for an interview to be conducted in early may. Offer no further contact even though the time slated for interviews is now past tense.

All this and have to pay for the job aswell.

If this is the way they treat you prior to interview, good luck in the job.

What the fark is this world coming to????

Has anyone tried to contact them by any chance?

Sal-e
4th Jun 2006, 06:12
Well, they did say low houred First officers......I guess that's the same as saying you'll be working for scumbags.

Cactus Jak
16th Jun 2006, 10:29
Sal-e

Care to enlighten us on the interview you did with this mob on the 7/8th.

otto the grot
20th Jun 2006, 01:09
Sal-e's gone MIA Cactus.

Don't expect much from this mob. Especially if Q ANTAS are pulling the strings.

If they have their way, an f/o here will be paid less than their counter parts in the regionals.

A pay drop like that is a big sacrifice to make just to fly a 20+ year old jet on night freight.

Sal-e
23rd Jun 2006, 03:12
No still here......ended up turning down the interview. Imagine this....you pay for your way to Sydney, pay for the psych test and the rest of it........get told at the very end of it all that you failed!!!!!! Aha, enough to make you wanna hit someone right?
Anyway, got a better job now. I haven't heard many who have done the interview though. I think they will come to realise that not many ('cept real wannabees) would respond and end up sweetening the deal. That's what normally happens. Good luck to those trying for it. If I were you, I'd wait for a better incentive than the current, it's bound to happen because there's not too many 73 drivers in oz without a job.

wateroff
23rd Jun 2006, 04:09
Im beginning to think QCC 3 (QANTAS building C) in SY, is the biggest money maker in the QF muckheap.

Think about it - X amount of pilots in Oz and some captured from overseas, go thru the mainline crap, however may times they get sucked in - get the come back letter once maybe twice even thrice i have heard. Multiply all ths costs invloved - Psych, Skills, Medical / Airfares, which they say the are discounted for candidates, which co-incidentally are divided - so there is 2 trips. Now, let them tell you - you may be more suited to - X,Y,Z. Thankyou come again. And stupidly some do - Q'Link, Jetstar and now this freight deal, where they are making you do the same ****e again + GST

Me thinks the SALES people at QCC 3 are doing well to suck us for our dough, 4 times over.