PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

sellect
14th Jul 2011, 16:52
The figure is much lower, 2-3/12

minimumunstick
14th Jul 2011, 23:38
The assessor told us their average is about 40% pass rate. Everyone can fail or pass on any given day.

cerealkiller
15th Jul 2011, 11:02
Pacrion, you're right.

Thing is, I'd like at least to have the chance to get in.

For sure I'm saving money without going, but in the same way I'm sure I won't get in without trying.

Thanks for the good luck wish anyway :)

Cheers

OberfuhrerPPRun
18th Jul 2011, 05:35
RyR have so many applications now, that they can afford to be picky, and I would not be surprised if they had such standards.

I have heard of guys who partialled, who at least was called in for an interview, but the guys I know did not get a job. Competition is very high to get in with RYR at the moment.

Ash12
18th Jul 2011, 18:12
Hey Guys,
Just a quick question...do Ryanair care whether an applicants IR is a First time/First Series or Second Series Pass or do they just expect an IR period?

INKJET
18th Jul 2011, 22:48
In general terms a pass is a pass, so as long as your not a complete plank, then they will be more than happy to take your credit card, training pilots is now an important source of revenue, ask yourself one question, if there are type rated people out there, with time on type, why would they employ you? Yep you got it in one, your cheaper and if you screw up, they don't give a toss because there's another I-robot behind you with 30k Euro to blow

997Carrera2
19th Jul 2011, 13:53
If this is the case why oh why will they not offer me an interview! Answer is because Im 34 (33 when I applied 14 months ago). Its very frustrating for people not in the 21 to 29 age group not to even get a shot at an interview. Our money is the same as younger guys and many of us will probably leave after 2 years and go down to sandpit as allot of FR pilots are doing anyway.

ugolone
19th Jul 2011, 19:28
Hello guys,

Anyone can please give me any feedbacks form past interwies?
What technical questions thy've been asked? personal questions?
Sim sections?

Many thanks

denik89
20th Jul 2011, 21:34
thank to everyone...i just recived the confirmation from RYR that my interview is gonna be on the 4th of August....
let s hope...
i am a bit worry about the sim.... :-/

minimumunstick
21st Jul 2011, 19:38
You either get an invite or never hear anything, unfortunately.

lespaul06
22nd Jul 2011, 15:37
Asking again , Does anyone else starting the TR in EMA on the 10th of October ?

captainsuperstorm
22nd Jul 2011, 21:54
pretty much it s your last chance to get hired, if you fail ryanair, you will probably never get a job.

spend 100'000euro for this, no much in your little brain of kido!:ugh:

this market became a joke! and some of you follow it like monkeys... sad world!:{

its a tough time if you have commitments like a mortgage etc and some guys are so broke its been known to find F/O's sleeping in there car in the airport car park! sad state of affairs for whats viewed from the outside as a golden career!

and in 4 years, captain will come to sleep with you!:}
they will probably ask you to pay for captaincy... come back in 3 years and you will see.this industry is dead, gangraine is everywhere. too late.:*

Carlitos14
24th Jul 2011, 18:25
Good evening everyone!

I have a question and I hope any of you can help me, do you know if it is possible to be invited to the assessment for the second time or it is an utopy?

In some emails, they (CAE or OAA) ask you if this is your first application, but I am not sure if they want only first applicants or maybe you can get a second chance years later.

Thanks a lot

don_salvatore87
24th Jul 2011, 18:32
Anybody attending the Assessment on the 27th July?

Shrimps
24th Jul 2011, 19:00
I don't think so; I was originally rejected in July 2008 and reapplied via CAE earlier this year. I got an email asking me for further information, including whether I'd applied before, and since then haven't heard anything - so I'm assuming the policy is still no re-applications.

cpumad
25th Jul 2011, 11:39
Re-application seems to be fine after 6 months. I originally applied in Sept '10. Got rejected before interview

Similar CV 6-months later, got invited. No idea why...

don_salvatore87
25th Jul 2011, 15:08
But as you got rejected before the interview, what if you fail the interview and then re-apply?

madex
25th Jul 2011, 17:00
@denik89 I have the same date than you

Shrimps
25th Jul 2011, 19:04
But as you got rejected before the interview, what if you fail the interview and then re-apply?

Should have said - that is my situation. Rejected after the interview day, and from speaking to various people within the company it would appear to be the policy still.

denik89
26th Jul 2011, 08:30
@madex

hey this is great!! where is your B&B/Hotel??

p.s.
Caroline from Cae? lol

virtualaviation
26th Jul 2011, 14:30
Is the amount of warning that RYR candidates are given (between being called for sim assessment and the assessment taking place) reducing?

It's often been severl weeks (or more) ahead, but I've been hearing reports of it being as little as 48hrs recently.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

sellect
26th Jul 2011, 15:36
It's random really. Last year I got 48 hours. Some of my friends got two weeks. It isn't too difficult, so two days should be enough, if you know your basic stuff, and do not need extra sim training etc.

denik89
27th Jul 2011, 09:46
10 days..:-)

lespaul06
27th Jul 2011, 16:31
6 days for me ! 3 weeks for some other guys who were at the same assesment .. :bored:

dondino
27th Jul 2011, 21:45
hi guys,
first of all i've received the confermation fro OAA more than 4 weeks before...
a part that i had my interview 2 days ago...basically they concentrate the interview on the personal ( the same stuff as always:why ryanair,how did you get into flyng, how is gonna pay your TRecc ecc) and the tecnical was pretty relaxed (they asked me few mass and balance questions) the sim assesment was pretty easy...took off from rwy 27 in liverpool, wlc 2t dep and once over the vor some aerial jobs to see the basic ifr, than the procedure for an ils ndb n the same rwy....
it was good and pretty easy as well....
just a note...the hr guy seems to be a fun guy...he cames with few jokes ecc but once inside the room he resulted as a bored guy and he seems to be pretty faraway from the room inside his mind,the aer lingus captain were very gentle....on of those as the hr guy seems to be a funny guy...but he gave me the sensation of an asshole...where as the otherone was really a nice guy outside the assesment and inside as well....
hope to be usefull as i can....if you need further information do not hesitate to contact me!
hope all the best to everyone is going to fr selection in next weeks!!
cheers:ok:

lespaul06
27th Jul 2011, 22:19
I had honnestly exactly the same feeling after the assesment . The assessors were so neutral that no one could affirm if he is hired or not , even if you think the assessment was good for you ( As I thought and actually that was confirmed few days later ) .
This description is very similar to my personnal interview , same HR questions , same rwy 27 in liverpool , same SID , same app ....
I hope it will help someone . :)

chiaravalle
28th Jul 2011, 06:34
Hi there,
what kind of mass and balance questions?
Any differences between your flying and monitoring part at the sim?

liveview
28th Jul 2011, 09:44
Which is the best accountancy firm to choose??? I am starting in a month and I have no idea.

Any info??

Best regards

flyvirgin
28th Jul 2011, 17:37
At the moment we are not putting reapplicants through for a second assessment.

Thanks for your continued interest in Ryanair and good luck in the future.

Kind regards,

Caroline

Caroline Pickard on behalf of
Charlotte Dean
Recruiter Pilot Provisioning

An email I got a few weeks ago! :ugh:

dondino
28th Jul 2011, 21:16
well i've been asked about mass and balance as im working as a weight and balance perator so they've been asked about my experience...so i pretty sure they would the same to everybody that have any expeirence related to the aviation world....about the sim...we have done the same things me and my flight mate....no emergency standard calls out...as always...
ill be true if you look back on this thread you can find everything that you need for the interview!:E

Airman655
29th Jul 2011, 17:00
Anyone else going to the assessment August 10th, Stansted? I got my invite yesterday after applying late March.

Salladen
1st Aug 2011, 19:16
Have any of you starting your TR the 10th Oct received your contracts yet?

lespaul06
1st Aug 2011, 21:49
Hey man , I'm also starting on the 10th of october and still waiting that contract . Quite annoying as you probably need to deal with your bank for the TR like me .

CY333
2nd Aug 2011, 06:06
I applied for Ryanair via the two normal channels.

After 2 weeks I got an email this morning with the following:

Thank you for your recent application for a position on the Ryanair Boeing 737-800 type-rating programme.

We regret to inform you that your application will not proceed to the next stage in the selection process for the Boeing 737-800 type-rating programme conducted by OAA. Due to the large number of applications received on a weekly basis, unfortunately it is not possible to provide feedback regarding your application.

For other programmes conducted by OAA please check out the OAA website, Oxford Aviation Academy - Leading provider of airline pilot training, cabin crew training, aircraft maintenance training & aviation resourcing services. (http://www.oaa.com).

On behalf of the airline, we would like to thank you for your interest in this programme and wish you every success in the future.

Is this normal?

Thanks

Superpilot
2nd Aug 2011, 07:43
1.) First series passes in IR/CPL?

CY333
2nd Aug 2011, 07:46
Yep and did my ground school with Oxford (98% average first time pass)
Aviation University degree, aircraft engineering UK CAA licence holder and two TR on my engineering licence

Got a partial on CPL though

CY333
2nd Aug 2011, 07:47
BTW I know other friends who got a partial on their CPL but got called in for the MCC, so I cant figure this one out.

cconnor
2nd Aug 2011, 08:44
You're over 30. RYR do hire some people over the age of 30 but in the main this is not their practice. Are you male or female?

CY333
2nd Aug 2011, 08:52
it was from Claire

aurora201
2nd Aug 2011, 22:05
Hi guys,

New to the forum.. Seeing a lot of talk about age limit for ryanair pilot program.. is there a realistic chance for 31 yr old these days..:ugh: should be finished ME/IR early next yr

cheers

hatch86
3rd Aug 2011, 08:14
Hi fellow pilots

Anyone else get an email from cae yesterday about a call today to discuss ryanair application??

Is this the invitation to an interview phone call??

reply soon to save what nails i have left ;)

Prubino
3rd Aug 2011, 08:35
hatch86,

yes, they will call you today and you will invited to the interview.

Good luck

Jacopilot
3rd Aug 2011, 09:21
Hello, I've applied via oaa and cae in different months but no news...
I'm 21 years old, 1200hrs TT on sep/mep. any chance to be called?

lespaul06
3rd Aug 2011, 09:33
@lespaul. Sometimes they send it 10 weeks before the start, sometimes 2 weeks... Quit Annoying, that is true but that is how they work... better get used to it otherwise you will become a very frustrated RYR pilot ;-)

Okay , Thx for the tip , they initially told they would send it within four weeks , so still one week to go ... Don't worry anyway , I did not plan yet to be a frustrated pilot ahahah:8

perikitovolador
3rd Aug 2011, 09:43
Hi!! who is going to the Assesment on 24th at Standsted? OAA called me yesterday!! what can i expect? is it advisable to book some simulator hours previously? what do u think?
Thanks!!

hatch86
3rd Aug 2011, 10:05
Just got phone call from CAE, and have been refused an assesment day invitation on the grounds that I have more than one resit on ATPL Theory exams :( i had 3-4 resits, she said the requiremtns do change but at the moment max 1 resit... anyone ever get an interview with 3 or 4 resists and get the job??????????

widered
4th Aug 2011, 07:59
Hi Guys
Wish you all the best of luck with Ryanair whoever gets in,From a ryanair pilot,
However i will ask that anyone who is starting the training with Ryanair join the
Ryanair european pilots association website,There is a lot of benefit to this website for new people and a great insight into the day to day operations of the Airline...
All the best with your exciting time ahead.

enduro
4th Aug 2011, 10:32
I would like to know who as been invited or received a rejection to a Ryanair assessment that is 35 or more.
There are a lot of rumours about the age limit and i think this is a good away to "guess" what they are looking for.
Also, it would be interesting to know how many of you have applied in the last 3 months and if there was any result.
Good luck to everyone!:ok:

997Carrera2
4th Aug 2011, 12:15
I applied to CAE 14 months ago as a 33 year old 250 hour pilot with 1st time passes in all flight tests and exams. I am a guy, Im Irish and I trained in Ireland. CAE will not offer me an asessment. When I ask them why, they say if I keep asking they will delete my application. So I applied to OAA last March and they rejected me after a month and wouldn't give me a reason.

I recently emailed CAE saying I was going to do a private type rating and their response was 'all the best'. I really dont understand why they will not consider applications from people over 30. Off the grapevine the age range they want is 21 to 29 which I heard off a senior Ryanair employee. Apparanetly a very small quantity of pilots over 30 get offered an assessment which I suspect is through contacts.

pilotcop
4th Aug 2011, 12:33
I was over 30, I didn't know anyone in the company

enduro
4th Aug 2011, 13:06
did you receive an e-mail from Oxford?

WallyWumpus
4th Aug 2011, 13:08
I was over 30, went through OAA and did not have any contacts.

enduro
4th Aug 2011, 13:08
pilotcop, when was your assessment? How long did you wait since your apllied to get the interview? were you suceed?

enduro
4th Aug 2011, 13:11
I was over 30, went through OAA and did not have any contacts.

When was your assessment?

magicmick
4th Aug 2011, 13:16
Don't know how relevant my experience is as it was a couple of years ago. I'm a career changer and got invited for assessment in October 2008 at 42 years old with no contacts on the inside and 260hrs TT. Didn't pass the assessment mind.......d'oh

lespaul06
4th Aug 2011, 13:27
Got the job nearly 3 weeks ago now , assesment via CAE at the beginning of july got invited few days after application and I received today another mail from OAA telling me my application would not go further into the process ... Quite funny ! Anyway i just think all this thing is a big lotery , you are lucky or not ! That's it ! :E

Airman655
4th Aug 2011, 13:56
I also received a NO from CAE a month ago and recently got an invitation for the assessment from OAA. Seems like there is no one keeping track of anything over there or there is very LITTLE communication between the 2 companies that take the applications.

enduro
4th Aug 2011, 14:04
By the way, how old are you and how long did you wait for the interview since you applied?

997Carrera2
4th Aug 2011, 14:13
Just to clarify to those applicants over 30 who have been invited for assessment, my understanding is that Ryanair were quite happily considering such applications for all age groups up until the last 12 months or so. But not in recent times. If you are over 30 and have been offered an assessment in the last 12 months please say so, thanks.

pilotcop
4th Aug 2011, 20:42
not in the last 12 months, sorry chaps! 2 years since now i'm afraid.

putting things in perspective....Ryanair is one of the few airlines recruiting low hours guys (and gals?) they must receive hundreds of applications a week, on this scale I would suggest it is impossible to receive feedback as to why someones application was successful and anothers seemingly identical application fails. It is frustrating, I know, you will never get a solid answer from the recruitment team. As this is a rumour network there are very few solid facts, just rumours! This, I know, will do little to keep those frustrations at bay, just keep on waiting and try your best to not let things get you down, I waited days for my call, not through any amazing ability on my part, purely luck, some guys on my type rating waited weeks/months, others days, its all down to luck!

and on that note, good luck to all applying and waiting to hear any news, be it good or bad.

macflea
5th Aug 2011, 22:32
hi 997,

in same situation as you, irish guy , 300 hours , all first time passes but 35 , 4 mates of mine all trained modular in uk/usa all got in recently in last 2 years, but all under 30 , was talking to one recently about applying for ryanair , told me to forget about applying , only way for me is through contacts , unofficially not hiring over 30's without ryanair contacts in last 18 months. but then again you will have posters saying over they are over 30 years old and getting in last 12 months ?, i doubt it .there was a guy who posted a few months back, sent in 2 identical applications with different ages , and the application saying he was under 30 , he got called for the interview and apologised for the typo on age , but was rejected .

aer lingus , god only knows whats going on there ? cadet programmed advertised last sundays tribune. i can only imagine a lot of their pilots kids not qualified for their first officer programe so they set up a cadet program to get their kids in .

cheers

Superpilot
6th Aug 2011, 03:14
Some things you need to bear in mind regarding Ryanair:

1.) Getting called for an airline assessment is a bit of a lottery anyway (I got called within 2 weeks of applying back in 2008, others never got a response despite 3 or 4 attempts)

2.) Ageism is rife, it's not the first time I'm hearing these stories (time to confront their HR department just to shake them up a bit)

chiaravalle
7th Aug 2011, 09:50
Any news from the"26th of september assessment"guys?

Thanks in advance

enduro
8th Aug 2011, 00:10
Yes. I was not invited. :p

Rainbow72
9th Aug 2011, 16:19
Hello guys, I am over 30 and I received too an email from OAA in which they told that there isn't possibility to keep on the assesment process.
I agree with the people who think that Ryan don't want "senior" guys !!
Someone of you has tried to apply again ?

enduro
9th Aug 2011, 16:37
how long did you wait to receive that e-mail?

minimumunstick
9th Aug 2011, 21:02
two guys I know who are over 30 just got hired... so go figure!

enduro
10th Aug 2011, 00:27
that´s good news:ok:. Are they from CAE? When was it?

minimumunstick
10th Aug 2011, 06:35
I don't know, but it was very recently, maybe 2 months ago

ugolone
10th Aug 2011, 09:04
Hi Guys,
anyone has got a respond for the 26th and 27th of July's assessment?

matsemann
10th Aug 2011, 21:38
I was hired a month ago. I´m turning 31 in October. A friend of mine finished his TR in June, the oldest guy in his class is 36.

don_salvatore87
11th Aug 2011, 00:22
I attended the assessment on the 27th July. No response yet.

pechvoge5
11th Aug 2011, 07:16
Does anyone know in what format the references should be for the Ryanair application? And when are those references actually being called? During the selection or after it has been confirmed you've passed the selection?

lespaul06
11th Aug 2011, 11:50
The reference letters are collected during your HR assesment with your flight training report and all the other documents required . They only ask for letters for employers or head of training and a good friend of you telling that you are a good boy :E or confirming that you were performing a good job while employed ! I know it's a mess to get all these documents on time but you really have to get them before going to the assesment . :ok:

aozc
14th Aug 2011, 16:55
Is the efis-layout used during the sim assesment like the one shown below?

http://enpilot.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/737-cockpit-canvas.jpg

virtualaviation
14th Aug 2011, 16:59
Yes, EFIS/MAP layout in the sim, just like in that photo (as opposed the PFD/ND layout onboard Ryanair's 737-800 aircraft).

aozc
14th Aug 2011, 17:09
Virtual aviation,

Thanks for your reply. I have that exact efis-layout on my PMDG 737. Maybe it's a good idea to get used to it doing som raw data work.

Airman655
14th Aug 2011, 18:35
Those that were there for the August 10th assessment and got any news yay/nay please send me a pm.

Thank you!

B737Dude
14th Aug 2011, 21:00
Evening,

Can anyone provide the lastest tech questions and what airfield and procedure is used on the sim ride? I.e. ILS? NDB approach?v:rolleyes:

Thanks B737Dude

perikitovolador
15th Aug 2011, 11:02
Hey,
anyone from 10th can tell me anything new? Have they changed anything? how it was?
Good luck, please tell us something...i'm going on 24th

Airman655
15th Aug 2011, 11:04
What is the Bernoulli principal?
What is clearway
What is stopway
What is the screen height for a 737
Is the stopway designed to support the weight of an aircraft

That's it for the tech, most of it was HR questions and questions about my CV and educational background.

Sim was out of Belfast runway 22 SID kina sorta, at 1nm left turn to 185 climbing to 4000ft.

Airwork, then passenger with heart attack so need to do a full procedure NDB ILS DME RWY22 Belfast for a fullstop. That's it.

B737Dude
15th Aug 2011, 13:32
And to add to the Question above.. Do they only contact you if you have everything plus the MCC or has anyone being called before to a Interview without completing there MCC?

moorie88
15th Aug 2011, 17:37
Anyone booked onto tomorrows (16th August) Sim assessment at LDN Stansted?

pechvoge5
17th Aug 2011, 08:51
How dit it go Moorie88? Any interview questions you would like to share with us? And what was the sim about at your assessment?

I am up for September :ooh:

moorie88
17th Aug 2011, 11:07
I applied through CAE and oxford, CAE are yet to respond..
Had my interview through Oxford yesterday!

So I would apply to both to be honest!

moorie88
18th Aug 2011, 10:12
@pechvoge5 = You have a PM!

Airman655
19th Aug 2011, 23:11
Strangest thing happened to me this evening. I was at the aug 10th assessment and got a no thank you letter 3 days later. Today I get another email from Claire Ashfield saying im invited for the aug 31st assessment.

WTF is going on? Has anyone else been re-invited?

moorie88
19th Aug 2011, 23:40
in the post or email...?

As far as I am aware ite 1 try per 6 months....?

Airman655
20th Aug 2011, 00:38
I got one email 3 days after the assessment saying I was unsuccessful.

Today I got an email saying that I'm invited to the Aug 31st assessment. I am thinking there must have been a mistake in them sending the email today.

I haven't even reapplied. Whatever, ima call her Monday.

moorie88
20th Aug 2011, 00:43
Does seem bizarre... Lets hope youre in luck!!
I guess the email didn't state why you were unsuccessful...?

Maybe they just wanted another 260 out of you..!

underjet
20th Aug 2011, 16:53
for interview there used to be no dress code, wear just office dress not 2 much casual.

core issue is moral and confidance:)

Airman655
20th Aug 2011, 19:25
It's really bizarre, but I will update Monday after getting in touch with Claire.

Also for those applying, go through OAA, they seem to be the ones that reply quickest. CAE sent me a: "Your application won't go through to the next step" whereas OAA sent me an invitation to come to the assessment.

lespaul06
21st Aug 2011, 13:13
For me it was the opposite way . CAE called me 3 days after my application asking me to come over in london for the interview . OAA sent me a message one month later telling me my application would not go further through the process . I already had the job .... quite funny ! :8

MyIDisthis
21st Aug 2011, 14:44
Would someone mind telling me if the criminal record check ( from your country of residence ) that they mentioned during the assessment day, is something that they want you to send as soon as possible after the interview in order for them to make their decision? Or should you only send it in case you get accepted?

Thanks in advance.

Blancou
21st Aug 2011, 15:23
Hi MyIDisthis,

You only send it in case you get accepted (they will request)

Cheers

MyIDisthis
21st Aug 2011, 18:26
Thanks Blancou

B737Dude
21st Aug 2011, 18:45
Is there anyone out there thats been considered with a MCC course? Is it a must to get a call back from them?

lespaul06
22nd Aug 2011, 09:06
A MCC certificate is mandatory to get invited to the interview ! It's one of the requirements . ;)

angrybirds
22nd Aug 2011, 20:40
Heey,

I did the assessment 2 weeks ago. Havent heard anything so far. Any idea how long it can take? I thought it was 14 days max.

Cheers

moorie88
22nd Aug 2011, 22:10
2 Weeks for OAA to get back to me ,

MyDreamIsToFly
24th Aug 2011, 06:42
Do they have any preferences in wich way (modular or integrated) ATPL was obtained or it makes no difference for getting invited at assessments?

angrybirds
24th Aug 2011, 17:51
I dont think it makes any difference. I think its 50/50

sellect
24th Aug 2011, 18:54
12/12 from my course were integrated

widered
25th Aug 2011, 10:48
Hi lads, Please sign up to the REPA its the only way you will ever make ryanair a career airline!

otinan
25th Aug 2011, 11:04
someone starting on October 17th at EMA? looking for ROOMATES during the TR course.

My assessment (2 months ago):

INTERVIEW:

- Why Ryanair?
- What will you do if you don't receive a Medical aproval anymore?
- Why my Flight School?
- Range of a VOR
- From Madrid to Seattle... which navigation systems may I use?
- Explain IRS
- What is an PFD?
- What is FMA?
- Point a jetstream in a Significant Weather Chart
- Explain some information show in the Significant Weather Chart (Cb, Icing, Turbulence and altitudes)
- Multi-engines I've flown:
* Engine
* Electrical System (batteries, Alternators...)
* Battery, and battery bus (duration, what it connects...)
* Why they set the horizontal stabilizer on the top (talking about Diamonds)
* Critical engine and why
- Three bases
- Seat configuration in a Ryanair 737
- Number of air hostess and why

SIMULATOR:

- Take off (liverpool)
- Change in speeds, altitudes and headings
- QDM inbound to the station
- Cabin fire
- ILS emergency landing at liverpool
- Go-around (traffic on the runway)
- Normal ILS at liverpool

MY CO-PILOT

- Take off (liverpool)
- Change in speeds, altitudes and headings
- Heart attack on board
- ILS emergency landing at liverpool
- On the way... traffic advisory and traffic resolution comming from the TCAS
- ILS landing at liverpool

We both got the job! =)

*** Sorry about my english***

denik89
25th Aug 2011, 13:34
Otinan i will start on the 24th of October. :-)

when did you do the assesment???

Daniele....

MyIDisthis
25th Aug 2011, 14:09
Has anyone who had the assessment on aug 11th heard anything yet?

SSDK
25th Aug 2011, 15:21
Nope, i'm waiting too. I don't know if waiting more than 2 weeks is normal?

Do you know if anyone received an E-mail with a rejection?

MyIDisthis
25th Aug 2011, 16:45
SSDK

I haven't heard from anyone else.

Josselin
26th Aug 2011, 00:50
Hi,

Just a smal review of my experience for the Ryanair selections, might be usefull for some people...

I've been contacted by CAE 3 days after my MCC "exams". CAE asked me if I was suitable to go the next week for the selection. During this phone call she asked me, if I had my CPL exams after the first time, and as well for the ATPL theory exams. She asked me if I was aware I will have to pay for the Type rating and for any accomadation.

Arriving at the selection at STN, we were 8 candidates. The youngest one was 20 and the oldest one was 32 I think. The first hours, the 2 instructors explained us how the day will be. It was a very friendly atmosphere. Ryanair staff was really nice. Then they gave us the crewmate we will have for the sim. They gave us the chart of Liverpool and I got some time to discuss about the flight with my crewmate

Well for the interview it was first personal questions, about my motivation, and Ryanair. Then I had some theoritical questions. It lasts for 20 mins about even less.

Then, I went to the sim.

- Liverpool SID
- Acceleration/Deceleration
- Climbing/Descending Turn
- Cabin fire / Galleys fire
- Briefing when the aircraft is in freeze position
- NDB approach
- Go around
- Landing

At the end of the session we almost knew it was successfull for us as the instructor told us something very straight forward.

And 4 days after that, I received a positive call.

Josselin
26th Aug 2011, 10:12
I don't know if it is mandatory to succeed all ATTPL subjects the first timme, but When I got invated, CAE asked me if I had everything after the first time. Maybe they don't care, but CAE asked me that... and I know they have asked it to the other people of my promotion who got called.

aozc
26th Aug 2011, 11:07
Let's hope it makes no difference :}

JulesW
26th Aug 2011, 15:11
I applied many times trying to get an interview for RYR trough OAA and CAE.
I'm M 39 belgian (250TT CPL IR ME MCC) and never got an answer. Nor a yes or a no.
Is it a common practice to NOT answer or does it mean that I still make a chance?

good luck to you all!

hurryupandw8
27th Aug 2011, 09:57
Hello!

I'd like to get some additional input from those of you guys who have already been there..

I applied through both CAE and OAA 3 weeks ago.
I am 24 with 1600 TT on light GA, Modular, first time passes.

Has anyone else in here who was called for interview waited more than 3 weeks for a reply from them?

Thanks everyone and enjoy your day!

perikitovolador
27th Aug 2011, 12:28
anybody from 24th August with news?? nice assesment...i have no hopes but i think it is very easy...Sim screening is nothing, just flying, in my case...no emergencies and just SID, basics, and NDB ILS DME App to Belfast...
Technical interview...well, nothing to say...6 questions about the Seneca and 0 about aerodynamics, 737, meteo, engines...:ugh:!!

Good luck, if any of you guys has news, please contact me!!!

golfcharlie232
29th Aug 2011, 10:55
Guys, you need to understand that not everyone who sends a CV is then called for an interview, even if you fall within their requirements (whether they're officially stated or not, like being under 30, first time passes, etc..).

They do take onboard a lot of low houred guys, probably somewhere between 250 and 400 a year at the moment, but there are at least ten times more guys who apply each year from more than a hundred schools across Europe.

I know a couple of people who have been called just a few days from sending their application in, some have been called after a few months and I know at least two who waited some two years before getting the phonecall.

Sometimes they do send a negative answer to your application, sometimes they don't. The fact they don't doesn't mean they will call you eventually.

One last thing, on my selection day, we were 8 guys, 7 of us were modular guys and only one was integrated, none of us from Oxford. One thing we had in commun was we almost all completed a jet MCC, not on a FNPT2 like the one at BCFT but rather Oxford's MCC or European Skybus'.
As far as I remember, the youngest guy was 19-ish and the oldest 24-ish.

Interview-wise, I was asked on:
- Swept wings at low speeds
- Mass and balance, what happens if ... , why do we have a load sheet?
- Can you give me 7 weight limitations?
- Runway limited performances
- Mach Tuck
- Which area did you struggle in during your training?
- What base would you like? What base would you hate the most and why?
- What if you lose your medical?

Sim wise: Out of Belfast City (bear in mind that this is a short runway - 6000ft / 1830m long - when you come to land), SID, general handling (basic turns, 25° angle of bank in various climbs and descents, at 220 and 250 kts), emergency (cabin fire), "how would you enter the hold from here?" but we didn't have to do the full procedure then, we were vectored for an ILS approach, crash-landing (my sim partner went on idle thrust at 100ft and hold it back until it stalled... and failed to react when I said "go-around"). As PF I had to do the exact same flight, without the crash-landing.

Well fun overall, other than for the wait on the day (some 5 hours between the morning briefing and the interview...). Got the good news a week later, only 2 of us were successful, out of 8.

ACE1985
29th Aug 2011, 16:21
If some of you know a room that is going to be available soon near EMA, please send me a PM.

Thanks

CodeStar
29th Aug 2011, 21:32
Does anyone know if Ryanair are currently inviting people for Assessment who have partialled their IR?

perikitovolador
30th Aug 2011, 12:30
nobody from 24th??i know i have to wait but you know, they told us 10 days...today 6 days ago...please give me hopes! jeje!! if anyone wants any advice, contact me and i ll tell everything i can.

cerealkiller
30th Aug 2011, 14:51
Usually no news is good news after Ryanair assessment, so good luck to you!

:ok:

angrybirds
30th Aug 2011, 15:28
Hi, last week I heard I got hired by Ryanair. They called me after 17 days. My experience: everyone who fails the assessment will get an email within 10 days. After 10 days the chance on getting invited is larger and you will get a phonecall from Brookfield if you have passed. They call with an english number.

My assessment was quiet allright as well. No failures just dep from Belfast, some airwork(turns/steepturn) and procedural ils to land. Interview was allright, about 20 minutes and not a lot of tech questions:
- What would you do if you lost your medical tomorrow?
- Why 4 cabin crew members? (A: 1 cabin crew per 50 seats on the aircraft
- Why should we choose you?
- Why did you choose your flight school?
- Would you have chosen another school with the information you have now?
- How did you pay for the flight training?
- What was the hardest for you during your flight training?
- Give your base top 3.
- Why do you want to be a pilot?
- What do you like about scuba diving? (hobby)
- What do you know about Ryanair's current position?
- Tell me something about the engine fire drill? (they asked me because I have 737 sim experience)
- Tell me where you can see that the fire bottles have been discharged? (they asked me because I have 737 sim experience)
-What happens to an altimeter when you take off with the static port blocked?
It's allright but be prepared!
Good luck

angrybirds
30th Aug 2011, 23:18
By the way, does anyone know till what day the introduction week is at East Midlands if you start on a monday? And where exactly will this introduction week take place? I was looking at the Thistle East Midlands hotel which is central at the airport. Anyone got some advice on this?

Blancou
31st Aug 2011, 18:07
Hi Guys,

Any recommended accommodation at EMA for the TR?

Cheers

PAPI 32
31st Aug 2011, 21:16
I start on the 7th November with the TR commencing on the 21st. If anyone has those dates PM me!

Any information regarding accommodation around EMA would be great too!

angrybirds
1st Sep 2011, 20:22
I received my contracts from the CAE and Brookfield today. Got a lot of questions now. Anyone doing the typerating or just finished the typerating who wants to answer some questions?:8 Thanks

letswing
2nd Sep 2011, 20:28
Anyone here with results from the 24-08-2011 assessment??

They still didn't get in touch with me.. fingers crossed :)

nicopilot
3rd Sep 2011, 15:09
Hi guys does anybody that can tell me is ryanair is looking for a specific number of Hours in a pilot ex if your assessment goes well and you have let say 800 h and you are 26 is this ok or the hours would make them not hiring you!!

Thanks....

pepsBDX33
4th Sep 2011, 17:11
Hi dude ,

I was hired by FR with around 1500H , ex military pilot , and corporate , at 26 , so don't worry .

Good luck

dood
5th Sep 2011, 15:44
Same here donogca. Wait times vary throughout the year.

Little warrior
9th Sep 2011, 18:13
Hi all,

I have:

CPL/ME - 1st attempt pass
IR - 2nd attempt pass
1 ATPL exam resit

Has anyone been called for assessment with similar?

Thanks and good luck

emmma
10th Sep 2011, 16:19
Hello,
I am just wandering what is the flight experience Ryanair il looking for, I have 2500h tt ATPL , 1500 and more ATR experience, I applyed there many times with no result... does any of you know what is the waiting list or if they want a Maximim experience?!?

Simonbo
11th Sep 2011, 16:32
Hello all,

I passed the assessment on Aug 31st (and btw I'm looking for news from my team mates), got the phone call last friday, I'll be in EMA for the base training on Nov 14th, then AMS in december for the TR.
Anyone with these dates please PM me !

thanks

Flyfurby
11th Sep 2011, 22:14
My assessment is the 28 of this month, we will see but Im dead scared. :rolleyes:

Valtousa
12th Sep 2011, 13:45
hey Simonbo,
what did they ask you during the tech interview?
do you remember the questions?
any info about the sim session?

thanks for your eventual kind reply

lespaul06
12th Sep 2011, 22:30
I'll be in EMA for the base training on Nov 14th, then AMS in december for the TR.

You are gonna do your base training before the Type rating ? :O
You probably want to mean the induction course before the type .
Regards :)

Simonbo
13th Sep 2011, 10:52
Hey,

questions during the itw about wing loading, do we fly with a high or low wing loading, is it a good or a bad thing, number of pax and FA, a lot of questions about why Ryanair, what could i bring to the company, etc

during the sim departure with FD on, radar vectoring SID, FD off, a few turns, climbs, descents, then an "emergency situation" : "captain, captain this is the purser, we found a bag captain, a bag with the B-O-M-B letters on it, what do we do captain, what do we do ?" and afterwards a lot of interruptions during briefing and approach "when are we going to land ?" "captain where do i move the bag ?" etc etc,
then radar vectoring for a NDB approach, runway in sight, "runway occupied, go around immediately", going around with engine failure,
then reinit on final, VMC for a visual final with ILS on and PAPI on, landing and that's it !

Simonbo
13th Sep 2011, 10:53
yes induction course, sorry for that

sickofitall
13th Sep 2011, 11:32

'then reinit on final, VMC for a visual final with ILS on and PAPI on, landing and that's it !'

Unquote

Hey Simonbo

I bet you werent saying 'and that's it !' when you were sat in the sim sweating. :=

Don't undermine it...it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination!!

Simonbo
13th Sep 2011, 12:05
of course, by "that's it" I meant "it's over, PLEASE LET ME GET OUT OF THIS SILLY MACHINE !!!" ;)

Flyfurby
15th Sep 2011, 22:10
Any one for the 28th of this month???

aviator_
15th Sep 2011, 23:32
Any chance of getting invited to a RYR interview with 4 resits in atpls ?

First time passes flying, Good training report from the college , 270 hours

lespaul06
18th Sep 2011, 03:56
Go learn to really fly (this involves hours of experience, not just learning certain IR test routes over and over).Obviously to get this , We all need a job . :)

Mike S 2011
18th Sep 2011, 13:19
@Lespaul: Regarding experience, I accept that what I said is a pretty harsh statement in current times, and I apologise. It was aimed more at arrogant new guys, of which there are some, who truly believe that they know it all. For everyone things are difficult. In the past it was easier to work your way up through smaller operators, eventually getting to airlines the size of Ryanair – much harder now, it’s basically a lottery. I wish you and others like you the best of luck.

As a frequent reader of this thread my gripe has been with Donogca and his posts (many of which he has now seemingly removed).

WeMadeYou
21st Sep 2011, 23:35
I was accepted and i'm working with setting up the Irish Limited Company now.
I did receive a letter - Agent Link Notification
I shall tick what i want help with like:
Corporation tax
value added tax
capital gains tax
environmental levy

Please help, do i need everything or? i don't have a clue about these things.

lespaul06
22nd Sep 2011, 03:06
Don't worry man , All the companies are already set up actually even before you contact any acountancy firm . They just put you as a director in one of them . Once you've signed the accountancy contract it's just a matters of hours to get this done .
I was a bit nervous about this as well and honnestly if you want an advice , just fill up all the documents they ask for , send them back all the stuff and they ll take care of all .
The most interesting part is for the St james security check , Good luck:)

PIOSEE
26th Sep 2011, 14:11
Hey Guys.

I am wondering if anyone from here has applied to Ryanair over the last two months and have had word from OAA or CAE regards an assessment day?!

Something tells me it's going to be a long wait! :hmm:

aozc
26th Sep 2011, 14:19
My friend waited for a year or so

pechvoge5
26th Sep 2011, 16:02
@pressman: explain yourself.. As far I know people are LEAVING Ryanair for better prospects.. never heard of anybody actually getting fired by them..... :rolleyes:

pechvoge5
26th Sep 2011, 17:03
@pressman: I understand that some (90-ish?) aircrafts will be grounded this winter at some bases. BUT they will be used again in a few months and then what? I can't believe people are just getting fired,, they are just not going to be used that often in the winter. You can call that to be fired, but hey you are ''self-employed''. So do you have to fire yourself? :rolleyes:

PIOSEE
26th Sep 2011, 17:33
Have you ever operated Ryanair aircraft?

Kyriakos
29th Sep 2011, 10:24
Hey guys just a couple of q's:

- Im not able to fly directly to Stansted airport so i would like to know if theres bus service from Heathrow airport. Some google search shows 3 hour trip :bored: Any alternative ways?
- Any cheap accomondation suggestions for a couple of nights near the Stansted Training Facility?

Thanking you in advance and best of luck to all of you. :ok:

smith
29th Sep 2011, 21:51
Try this bus sevice

Takes just over an hour and costs about £20

National Express Coaches // Coach & Bus Travel Throughout The UK (http://www.nationalexpress.com/coach/index.cfm)

From the drop down select Heathrow T1-T3, that is where the bus station is.

If you are flying into T4 or T5 there is an underground train that will take you to T1 bus station. Don't attempt to get the bus direct from T4 or T5 they are few and far between and will make multiple stops:eek:

requestvectors
30th Sep 2011, 15:05
hallo anyone to the 6th october assessement?
Is there anyone who has a couple of theoretical exams not passed at first attempt?
I read that there is someone who actually went to the assessement with a partialised IR, so why would they bother about theoretical, since if you don't learn the bank verbatim it is possible to fail a subject?

Flyfurby
30th Sep 2011, 15:21
Well i been the doing the assessment two days a go.

Questions that they made me..

- Swept back wing, induced drag, fuel requirements and that was it.

I have my fingers crossed and just waiting.
:rolleyes:

WeMadeYou
3rd Oct 2011, 10:43
Question about the 27500 euro deal with CAE.
Is the base training (6 landings) included in this price?
I guess so because of the cost, but i can't find it in the contract.

MyDreamIsToFly
4th Oct 2011, 00:49
Yep, T&G inclueded in the price.

silverhawk
6th Oct 2011, 03:09
€27500 for the type rating that costs only $16000 in US?

Ryanair don't need fare paying passengers when there is a never ending revenue stream from desperate new FOs.

Flying may be your dream. Working for Ryanair will be your nightmare.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Good luck.

lespaul06
6th Oct 2011, 21:10
€27500 for the type rating that costs only $16000 in US?

Get a quotation from any CAE sim center for a 737 type rating + base training , you won't be much far from the 27500 except that in a normal type there are only 40 hours sim training , 60 in the ryr one !
I don't think ryanair is making any benefits on it .

aviator_
6th Oct 2011, 23:25
@lespaul ,

They might not be making a profit off the course other than the 27,500 euro they are letting the student pay. So in theory they are making 27,500 euro on every student and we all know they have alot.

Flyfurby
7th Oct 2011, 01:26
aviator_

So you think that all the sim training and the t&g is free. Ohh yes the sim just needs some electricity and thats it. And the TRI/TRE is also free, they do that just because they enjoy it.

A salary for a TRE per day is about 600 euros. Yes they make money but not as much as you think.

silverhawk
7th Oct 2011, 01:35
From your naive response I can only assume you have not been in aviation long and certainly have had no, or very little dealings with Ryanair/brookfield.

Some time soon you will also get to understand the realities concerning the Tooth Fairy and Santa.

Good luck.

7574ever
7th Oct 2011, 10:17
Hey guys!

I have a question: In your experience, do most people who get an email asking for their CV and other info get a call for an interview (if they meet the requirements, AKA first time applicant etc, of course)??

Take care!

silverhawk
7th Oct 2011, 10:38
Depends entirely if you are willing to pay the admin fee for interview!

Do not entertain this bunch of :mad:
Have you never heard of their tactics?

What makes you believe Ryanair are a viable option?

Good luck.

aozc
7th Oct 2011, 11:11
Ryanair is unfortunately pretty much the only show in town in most countries unless you have the 1500h tt and 500 on type. I don't think anyone regard them as a viable "employer", it's a good way into aviation if you're just going to do your hours and then do the runner when the grass is greener on the other side.

Are they still doing any TRs in Arlanda?

airlinerdreamer
8th Oct 2011, 14:54
Hi everybody....

I had an interview with Ryanair in Stansted the 20th of September.....
Still no answer ( already 19 days are passed )..
One guy with me that day I knew didn't made it....but I only had his contact so I do not know the other 4 guys ( we were 6 in total )
I read that NO NEWS ARE GOOD NEWS and also that usually negative answer are given VIA mail within 10 days.....There are cases where a positive answer arrived just after 1,5 month I also saw and usually VIA call.....Now my question is:

How long was the longest time for a negative answer? Maybe I seem nervous and anxious...Maybe I am like most of you would be/ was/ will be in my position :P

Today this is a good way to get into the pilot carrer as you all know even if not all of us agree with eachother....

If any of you have any question regarding the assessment I am happy to give you my experince in PM ( sorry for my not perfect english )

Flyfurby
8th Oct 2011, 16:03
Well I was in the 28 of September and just like you no answer no email no call, but still if it's more than 3 weeks I suggest to call. Everyone says that if it is been one week with no call it's good.

Ovt
8th Oct 2011, 17:48
I got the call 12 days after my interview... if you have not received any email yet you are probably on-board.. even if you don't want to believe it, hehe.

airlinerdreamer
8th Oct 2011, 18:00
I appreciate your comment let's hope than :)))

PIOSEE
10th Oct 2011, 14:00
Hey just wondering, When did you apply before getting a call for an interview?! and are you Irish?! I applied on the 1st week in August, but no word yet. I meet all the usual requirments, male, 26yrs old and 1st time passes in everything. I hear they're not recruiting Irish people at the moment?? Maybe another tall tale who knows?!! :confused:

turbine100
10th Oct 2011, 15:34
I am Irish, applied a few years back via CAE and was rejected with a few hundred hours on Piston. Tried re-applying a year later via Oxford and got rejected.

However I thought it might have been my age, as I am 31 and have more than 250 hours.

airlinerdreamer
10th Oct 2011, 15:43
Hi....no, I am Italian....I got the mail without any call...I had just 4 days to prepare all documents....

best of luck !!!!

PIOSEE
10th Oct 2011, 16:18
Thank you for the response. When did you submit your application to CAE/OAA??

airlinerdreamer
10th Oct 2011, 16:33
You're very welcome...

Just 2-3 weeks before they invited me.....at both but OAA mailed me

PIOSEE
10th Oct 2011, 18:43
Ah I applied in early August. Where did you do your training? If you could pass on your interview details e.g interview questions and what did you get in the sim. I hope I get a call at some stage :) thanks again!

airlinerdreamer
10th Oct 2011, 23:37
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif ciaoo

they asked me this:

types of weight ( MZFM MTOM MLM........)
swept wings....
pressurization system of 737.....
what could happen in the cabin......
why Ryanair....and why they should choose me.....
my jobs in the past....
why I did conversions in that school....
types of extinguishers...whichone for what kind of emergency....
if the cpt is mad-crazy and we do not agree about something....and I am the PM and he is doing wrong what I would do?
at the moment I remember this....about the sim no problem...the same of other guys....Durham Tees Valley EGNV airport....departure RWY-HDG climb 4000ft then F/D off and handling manouvres....Ndb Dme approach rwy 23....if not sure GO AROUND.....It lasted about 25-30 minutes ;)

for any other question just mail me....ciaooo

airlinerdreamer
10th Oct 2011, 23:39
Sorry....

25-30 minutes for the interview....about 45 for the sim :)

Flyfurby
11th Oct 2011, 00:52
Well you look happy so that's good, Im still waiting for the answer it's been almost two weeks and nothing.:ugh:

Still crossing my fingers

airlinerdreamer
11th Oct 2011, 09:48
:)

I can understand you....today are 3 weeks....... :}:}:}

overclock25
11th Oct 2011, 14:48
Hi guys,

I am trying to apply via OAA website for the Ryanair Pilot scheme but when I try to send my details the pages gives me back an error message as: "Invalid ID, try again bla bla bla..."

I've tryed many times also with different browsers but the answer is still the same.

any suggestion?

thanks

Flyfurby
11th Oct 2011, 23:32
hey airlinerdreamer just tell us the soon you get the call, the waiting is just horrible jaja.

Thanks

airlinerdreamer
11th Oct 2011, 23:45
still nothing...already 22 days....

Flyfurby
12th Oct 2011, 00:43
Well probably its just too early in the old continent.

Patient my friend.

:ok:

airlinerdreamer
12th Oct 2011, 00:52
yeeah...is 3. AM in the morning...but I cannot sleep....I always dream that one morning I wake up with THE CALL :P

Flyfurby
12th Oct 2011, 13:06
They just call me today and I pass!!!!

airlinerdreamer
12th Oct 2011, 16:23
also me !!!!! :) :) :) I passed !!!!!

gwizzaviatior
12th Oct 2011, 16:55
Well done Flyfurby and Airline dreamer, congrats to both of you on getting that far :)

skypilot89
12th Oct 2011, 19:27
Does anyone know how often Ryan invite for session or contact you after you apply? I applied via CAE in June and OAA in Sept. But no answer so far.

High-higher
12th Oct 2011, 19:30
I had 2 friends also get hired today for a start in January, so it seems they sent out a lot of good news today.

Ovt
12th Oct 2011, 22:07
I told you guys !!! ;)

airlinerdreamer
13th Oct 2011, 01:49
Hey guys first of all congratulations to all of you who passed.....and tks to gwizzaviatior and ovt.....I was told to start the induction in EastMidd the 5th of december and the TR in Amsterdam the 9th of January.....what about you? We could keep in touch to better organize eachother....let me know in case

Bye !!!! :ok::ok::ok:

7574ever
13th Oct 2011, 10:38
Congrats guys!!

CAE sent my application to Ryanair a few days ago, do you guys know how long it usually takes to hear back from them at this stage?? Fingers crossed!

aozc
13th Oct 2011, 11:33
three days to two years

7574ever
13th Oct 2011, 14:06
I'm not talking about the initial application, but once CAE has asked you to email them your CV and then they notify you that they have passed your information on to Ryanair and you'll hear from them in the "near future".

Jacopilot
14th Oct 2011, 14:13
I've applied several times but no answer from cae or oaa.... 1200hrs TT on pistons. any chance to be called?

lespaul06
14th Oct 2011, 18:35
Some guys in the course with me , already got a pilot job somewhere else with over 1000 hours ! So yes I guess you could be called as well ! Good luck !

Jacopilot
14th Oct 2011, 19:50
thank you, so fingers crossed!!

hurryupandw8
14th Oct 2011, 20:28
Hi all!
I had interview on the 4th of October and had a positive phone call..
Doesn anyone have any information about accomodation in East Midlands?
I am starting indoc on the 2nd of January..

qva
15th Oct 2011, 07:09
Hi guys!
Has anyone here been at the 6th October assessment and is going to EMA the 2nd January?

lespaul06
15th Oct 2011, 16:44
The only thing I know , finding a place to stay in EMA is a mess ... :8
I'm currently there .

galwaypilot
16th Oct 2011, 23:32
Ryanair counts it’s self as the leading European low cost carrier from Ireland...?

Their career web page on their site is very impressive indeed, with bold statements such as “Ryanair does not operate seniority lists or other pointless restrictions that hold back talented people.”

Yet over the last 5months (approx) Ryanair has seemed to have ceased all recruitment for Irish applications only. This has being confirmed off the record, by senior personnel within Ryanair. These statements have been verified by internal documents proving there is a steady stream of assessments along with a large number cadets flowing through the company. Coincidently no Irish are among the huge volumes being called for an assessment.

One would ask the question to why a Leading Irish airline, which claims to be both an equal opportunities employer and has no pointless restrictions that hold back talented people, would have such a restriction based on a person’s nationality and not based upon their talent. This would lead to question Ryanair’s profound claims as mentioned above.

Also a consideration towards the equal opportunities act of 1998 should be mentioned as it’s a breach of the law. Due to European legislation any company within Europe has to equally consider applications from any member country. You will find the likes of certain airlines within Europe would prefer to support their own before looking elsewhere. The only way around this legislation is to have requirements to speak the national language. Yet Ryanair seem to be disregarding Irish people in the worst economic crisis since the 1930’s without the audacity of even processing their applications for an assessment.

CancelIFR
17th Oct 2011, 00:28
maybe ye didn't pay the fee? :}

widered
17th Oct 2011, 07:48
Attention All future Ryanair pilots. Support your colleagues fighting for a permanent contract a descent wage, pension, and a fairbasing policy, If you want real benefits.

JOIN IALPA!! JOIN REPAWEB.ORG

Dont be just a number !Stand up and be counted!

golfcharlie232
17th Oct 2011, 09:31
"Yet over the last 5months (approx) Ryanair has seemed to have ceased all recruitment for Irish applications only. This has being confirmed off the record, by senior personnel within Ryanair."

Brillant. I'll tell my numerous Irish friends, recently hired (by Ryanair, indeed) and they'll be glad to hear.
I know 2 irish guys who got a positive call a month ago, another 3 who got hired in August, 2 in July and 1 in June. That's not including all the other irish guys I haven't met yet.

galwaypilot
17th Oct 2011, 11:54
Golfcharlie232 are you serious ???

You actually know of Irish Guys who got calls last month inviting them to an assessment ? Because I'm not the only one who has been told from a few different sources within Ryr that there is a ban on hiring Irish pilots....

Is it the case that the Irish Guys got the initial call for the assessment last May ?????

PosClimb
17th Oct 2011, 12:44
Now even the Irish are discriminating against the Irish...

Torque Tonight
17th Oct 2011, 14:42
What absolute twaddle. :rolleyes:

Eirjet
17th Oct 2011, 15:11
Galway Pilot, I have heard the exact same myself,its very worrying for newly qualified pilots.:*

corsair
17th Oct 2011, 15:41
It's highly unlikely to be true. Even if it was it would be extremely surprising. Given how many Irish are involved in the recruitment process in Ryanair. Previously it was a positive advantage to be Irish or indeed British for all the obvious reasons.

I wonder if this idea grows from the fact that there are very few Irish pilots coming down the tracks. This is after all a small country and with the recession there must be fewer in a position to buy a job in Ryanair.

I do know Irish pilots who are puzzled why they don't even get a call after applying. Yet they see ongoing recruitment. Strange indeed are the ways of Ryanair! Could that be the source of the rumour?

What possible reason could there be for a ban on hiring Irish? Would that include other countries, Belgium, Estonians or French, well maybe that's understandable;)

If your source says it's happening ask why?

jez d
17th Oct 2011, 16:08
As corsair asks, why ?

What possible reason could Ryanair have not to employ Irish nationals ?

Masters of smoke and mirrors that they undoubtedly are, they normally have a motivation (economic, naturally) behind their sleight of hand shenanigans.

Parson
17th Oct 2011, 16:32
jez d,

Only reason I can think off is that are likely to want to be based in Ireland and they may be fully crewed there at the mo. Much easier to send a continental to the continent

lespaul06
17th Oct 2011, 19:08
I don't know where you had your information mate ! But currently in EMA and there are Irish guys as well as other EU countries around there . :O

galwaypilot
17th Oct 2011, 22:31
yes but you completely miss the point they possibly had their assessments 4/5 mths ago..........

PIOSEE
18th Oct 2011, 11:40
What I think Galwaypilot is saying is that anyone who is currently in the likes of EMA, they would have been called for an interview. Most likely over five months ago. The point his post makes is that no one being Irish has been called for an assessment since May of this year.

As for me. I 100% agree with Galwaypilot. I got a letter from OAA saying no thanks. I meet all the typical requirements (mid 20's first time passes in everything bla bla bla). As for the school I trained in. They have an excellent relationship with Ryanair. 95% of guys who came out of there had been accepted by Ryanair. Now there's about 20-30 of us over 5 months who have not heard a thing. Not one!! Yet we met guys from other nationalities (none being Irish) who applied well after myself and others, and have been called. So there is something not right about the whole thing.

They say if the number of, for example Swiss guys go low they concentrate in getting those numbers up then they might focus on recruiting spanish and Italian cadets. That usually last for a few weeks. Not 5 months....

englishman
18th Oct 2011, 12:36
Stupid question: does anyone know, how long will Ryanair be hiring cadets?

PIOSEE
18th Oct 2011, 13:21
Apparently 444 cadets needed between 2011-12 so it should be well into next year.

aviator_
18th Oct 2011, 13:35
In the same boat as Southside batman,

All the requirements met , young , Irish and from a flight school with ALOT of students placed in RYR.

I got the email from OAA saying no thanks.

Is the OAA and CAE systems linked so the no from OAA means most likely a no from CAE? (maybe a stupid question but wanted to ask anyways)

aviator_
18th Oct 2011, 15:03
Nope got it Friday 14th.

corsair
18th Oct 2011, 15:13
The question remains: why? Will have to ask around I think. Being Irish and getting a no, doesn't mean they don't want Irish.

PIOSEE
18th Oct 2011, 16:18
No one knows why. All guess work really. In modern days in most large companies HR rule the roost. Gone are the days of a fellow pilot putting in a good word. Now words such as "canvassing" are used to deter anyone entering the HR domain with suggestions of their own.

Apparently some Irish pilots who are currently in Ryanair have upset upper management. In turn have said right, obviously the Irish are hassle; let’s focus on other countries for the moment.

I don't find this reason the most convincing. But none the less, you have to see there is something amiss. So I like others, don't really have a clue. And that is the way these HR departments want it. Regardless, one thing is certain. It's out of our control. It's just a matter of keeping ourselves busy, being prepared and waiting patiently. With a bit of luck, it will come our way.

matsemann
18th Oct 2011, 17:46
I have an Irish guy in my class. He had his interview late June - early July.

pilotcop
19th Oct 2011, 09:31
yet another ridiculous rumour blown out of the water!!!! So far then, in order to get a job at ryanair, you need :

to be less than 30
male
not Irish

hahahahaha, whats going to be next, where do they think these things up!!!!:ugh:

silverhawk
19th Oct 2011, 09:55
In that case tell me who was the last female DEC at RYR and when was she hired.

Discrimination is illegal in Europe, but allowed in Ireland.

PIOSEE
19th Oct 2011, 10:09
You should read the posts... Anyone who was on a TR during the summer applied during the first half of this year.

And no one is saying this is 100% true. The comment states, it seemsto be the case. anyone who applied during the summer or after from Ireland has not been called when many others that I know of have.

P.s A girl from PTC was hired in April of this year. One of very few I'd imagine.

silverhawk
19th Oct 2011, 10:17
Female was hired good, but in which seat?

Absolutely no female DEC hired in past five years. Company policy though they will deny such a policy. They will not even give an assessment to a female DEC.

Then again Ryanair, the Law and the IAA never all manage to agree all at once.

PIOSEE
19th Oct 2011, 12:39
Oh she was the right seat alright. I know FR have now issued an internal statement (Well it was issued during the summer) that they are only recruiting from from the right hand seat within FR for command. As a lot of the senior FO's were getting annoyed with external captains skipping the queue for command positions. Thus delaying the command upgrade time. At least for once in this situation FR had to listen to the employee's/self employed personnel and take action.

lespaul06
19th Oct 2011, 16:01
They had the assesment in july like I did ! There are 2 irish guys in my session !

G-NOFT
19th Oct 2011, 21:29
lespaul06 There are 2 irish guys in my session ! any idea what school they were from ?? :rolleyes:

I know of no paddys getting the RYR gig at the mo.

folk starting to talk on the inside about a school :oh::=

lespaul06
20th Oct 2011, 15:30
any idea what school they were from ?? :rolleyes:

One did his training in Spain , the other one I guess in Ireland but dont know where !

golfcharlie232
20th Oct 2011, 22:05
Some of the rumours about Ryanair are true, and some are not.
They hire (and still do) people from all over Europe, regardless of the country they're from, and this does include Irish. I don't know the point of starting a fake rumour but I can tell you for sure that this one is purely fictitious.

However, they do hire mostly pilots under 30. I know some who've been hired at 32, even 37, but most are under 30 when they join Ryanair as a cadet pilot.
There are a lot less female pilots than in other airlines, and for some reasons most of the female pilots are Captains and not FOs.
Also, they seem to prefer pilots with first time or at least first serie passes on their CPL and IR.

G-FATTY
22nd Oct 2011, 11:15
I come on this thread often to see what is happening but its usually about Ryanair not employing over 30s and now Irish pilots and hiring more men than women..

Why would Ryanair be anything other than an equal opportunities employer??

My guess is most starting a career are under 30 anyway, statistically more men than women are in pilot training (my course was about 15 male/1 female) and not hiring Irish pilots in an Irish company... come on guys don't ruin this thread any more - keep it on topic..

shoeless
23rd Oct 2011, 14:22
Hi,just wondering does anyone know any FO's hired by Ryanair that came out of PTC ?? Thanks

B737Dude
26th Oct 2011, 10:52
Anyone been called up for assesment day recently? :uhoh:

BlackGold
26th Oct 2011, 12:32
I got the call last week and I have the interview tomorrow.

Merovingio
26th Oct 2011, 14:15
This is my first message. Hello everybody!

I received a call from CAE last Monday and they confirm me the assessment on 3 November. Really nervous! 200hrs TT and my first opportunity.

1 year since las simulator in the MCC.

sky85
26th Oct 2011, 15:20
Hello,

When did you apply for ? Was it with CAE or OAA?

Have you done your MCC course with OAA or CAE ?

I applied one month ago and not received any answer for the moment

Thanks

Merovingio
26th Oct 2011, 15:25
I applied 14 days ago via CAE.

No, I did the MCC in Spain.

Be patient!!! Anyway try in OAA and CAE alternatively each 2 months.

Good luck!

gwizzaviatior
26th Oct 2011, 15:43
Sky85 - did you make your application via CAE, and have they asked for your CV yet?
Mervinigio - do you mind if I ask the time frame between you sending your CAE application, them requesting your CV and after that how long before you got the call (and how much notice till the interview?)

Blackgold - same question to you as well, what was the timeframes between CAE app, CV request, and call for interview....

Thanks

Merovingio
26th Oct 2011, 15:53
Time from Cae web application to the call->about 4 months.

Time from CAE phone call to the interview 8 days.

downwind24
26th Oct 2011, 20:44
Guys , quick question. What are your ages please?

aozc
26th Oct 2011, 20:48
I applied to CAE/OAA one month ago, at 2000z i was called by a "hidden" number and when I answered someone who was talking english said "hi" and the phone connection was lost.

Do they use hidden numbers? do they call at 2000z? and do you think they will call me again after this one being lost?

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

bourgois
27th Oct 2011, 14:52
Hi, anybody joining on 2. November?

Civilizedpilot
27th Oct 2011, 16:33
Yes, I am invited on the 2nd of november.
I will be arriving on the first.

However I can't do the payment via the link I received in the mail from OAA.
Anyone else having this problem.:{

gwizzaviatior
27th Oct 2011, 16:40
Hey guys,
Does anybody have an assessment with CAE coming up?
Hows the prep going and what are your methods?

Civilizedpilot
27th Oct 2011, 16:58
All right, It turned out that the system only accepts 1 word as a first name and 1 word as a last name.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

sky85
28th Oct 2011, 08:53
Hello,
just a question please. When did you apply with OAA ?

Thanks.

7574ever
28th Oct 2011, 09:25
Anybody up for assessment on the 1st of November?

PIOSEE
28th Oct 2011, 10:29
Any one of you Irish?!?!

nibbio1983
28th Oct 2011, 10:49
Hi!
Anyone of you guys who have the assesment on the 2nd, when did you apply? And through cae or oaa?
Thanks very much and congratulations!!

daheri
29th Oct 2011, 18:51
Hi!

Im coming in for assessment tuesday 1st November.
Anyone joining?

Also, i cant seem to find an updated list of the ryanair-bases. If anyone could point me in such a direction I would appriciate it very much!

Thanks!

silverhawk
30th Oct 2011, 04:02
Yet more wee lambs to the slaughter!