View Full Version : Aer Lingus A320 seating

Shanwickman
20th Apr 2006, 11:17
Hello could anybody recommend best seat in economy on EI A320, flying
with them DUB/ACE next week.

Thanks

DrKev
20th Apr 2006, 15:17
Having flown DUB/CDG quite a bit over the last year, all the seats on EI's 320s are economy (blue/grey leather, quite comfortable). Rows 12 and 13 are the over wing exits (or is it 13 and 14?), so more leg room available but baggage and coats must be in the over head bins for those seats. Rows 1 through 15 may be a little quieter not being behind the engines, though that means you can hear the screaming kids better. The very end row seats will probably not recline as the wall is behind them. Other than that, I really can't see that any particular position is better than any other.

Personally, I prefer seats as far forward or as far back as possible - that way the trolley service gets to you first (if you care about that, & BTW, the Lyons tea isn't great, for the same €2 I'll get coffee next time) and less hassle getting to the toilet when the trolley service is on. Personally, I don't mind a little extra noise or people passing so I've never thought of that as an issue.

If you have short arms, the aisle or middle seat makes it a little easier to reach the overhead light and air blower thingy.

20th Apr 2006, 15:28
I've flown ORK-AMS and DUB-AMS at least 30 times in the last year, so I'm very familiar with the aircraft type...

The first and last (29th) rows are best avoided. Otherwise, I'd just recommend as close to the front as possible for a quick exit.

The second row of over-wing emergency exits (14?) has the advantage that you can recline your seat and the person in front can't, but I normally avoid the emergency exits so that I an keep my laptop handy.

Unlike the 737-500s (which definitely got narrower towards the back of the aircraft), there doesn't seem too much difference between the seats in any given row. Considering that I'm 6' 4", I don't have too much problem on EI with seat pitch.

Shanwickman
21st Apr 2006, 15:44
Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.

apaddyinuk
24th Apr 2006, 22:15
I would not recommend row 1 having just returned from LHR in one this morning. The seats are packed very close to the galley bulkhead and there really is no room to stretch forward at all like you could under the seat in front of you on a normal seat. In fact, its almost in possible to get your feet forward of your knees!!!

8th May 2006, 09:32
The second row of over-wing emergency exits (14?) has the advantage that you can recline your seat and the person in front can't, but I normally avoid the emergency exits so that I an keep my laptop handy.

Seeing that I got that row this morning, I'd better correct this to say that it's row 13.

Shanwickman
9th May 2006, 14:05
In the event there was a change of equipment for the flight to ACE, A321
instead of A320 and at fastpass check in I picked 10C. Very nice!