PDA

View Full Version : CASA Licensing & Registration Centre...

pilotezulu
20th Apr 2006, 09:08
Hey guys,

I don't know who to go to if CASA takes forever in responding to e-mails. I have e-mailed them regarding obtaining some information for my PPL conversion when I head to Australia ... but I just don't seem to get ANY response whatsoever. It is like they are completely ignoring the e-mail.

I mean I understand they may get a hundred such e-mails per day, but there must be someone who is allocated to do this job! How on earth is one supposed to get answers???

Note... i just sent them the same e-mail for the 4th time. Are there any alternatives? Is CASA usually this bad at responding? :confused:

Arm out the window
20th Apr 2006, 09:12
Depends which section you want to talk to - CLARC don't seem to like answering, but other enquiries I've made now and then have been handled quickly and effectively.
Still, giving no answer at all is like waving a red rag at a bull, so they would be well advised to at least get someone sending some kind of reply, even if it's only 'Thanks for your email, we'll get on it as soon as we can'.

TurboOtter
20th Apr 2006, 09:32
Just tell them " due to the fact your department has refused to respond to my many enquiries, I shall be flying an Australian registered aircraft in your terrritory until you can pull your finger out and give me a response"

Lasiorhinus
20th Apr 2006, 12:40
"your territory", as in Barry Drive, Canberra?
That would certainly get their attention........

Led Zep
20th Apr 2006, 13:37
"your territory", as in Barry Drive, Canberra?
That would certainly get their attention........
"At or below treetop height" would really get them moving. Might land you in trouble with the AFP, but hey, at least they'll respond! :} :ok:

pilotezulu
20th Apr 2006, 16:18
Just tell them " due to the fact your department has refused to respond to my many enquiries, I shall be flying an Australian registered aircraft in your terrritory until you can pull your finger out and give me a response"

i like this plan ... :E

I wonder what they get paid for. I would love that job (not) ... just sit in front of a computer and receive e-mails without responding. how great is that...and get cash for it.

Anyway, just my way to vent out some frustration towards CLARC/CASA. I am still waiting on their response. Maybe they're too busy processing my ASIC application, they can't cope with responding to e-mails? Shame. :(

pall
20th Apr 2006, 17:49
I know why they haven't replied yet. They are still trying to determine what crazy fee to apply to answering emails under their new cost recovery policy.

Be assured, once they set the fee you will get a response complete with a fee attached.

aero979
20th Apr 2006, 22:02
email arthur white - ie complaints area - he responded immediately - email address on website

Capt Fathom
20th Apr 2006, 23:23
Arthur J. White
Industry Complaints Commissioner

[email protected]

I bet he's a busy man these days!