PDA

View Full Version : C210 time. Sydney/ Brisbane.

novicef
20th Apr 2006, 06:45
I am trying to get a C210 endorsement and build some time on it before moving North. Are there any companies in Sydney and Brisbane where I can do this.

Capt Fathom
20th Apr 2006, 06:51
Try the CASA Aircraft Register...it's an .csv file that opens in Excel.
Then search for C210's !

http://www.casa.gov.au/casadata/register/datafiles.asp

Or down the page a couple of posts ...http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=215599

wouldulikefrieswiththat
20th Apr 2006, 07:39
Try Hempels @ Archerfield
Here's a link to their price list
http://www.hempelsaviation.com.au/PriceListHireCharter.html

boeingwest
20th Apr 2006, 10:34
Hempels want 12 hours on type for insurance reasons.... fair enough but you'd want some cash

12 hours dual on C210 @ $355 p/hr = $4260

All before you get any command time :yuk:

Good luck money bag$!!!

gassed budgie
21st Apr 2006, 06:19
...........and that's something else that's holding back the GA industry. Twelve hours dual in a 210 for insurance reasons ? What exactly are you going to do for twelve hours ?
The insurance industry has experienced around a 600% increase in profits since 9/11. They rank right up there with the banks and oil companies.
Whilst most attention is focused on the dreadful mess that pretends to administer our industry, the insurance companies to a certain extent have been let off the hook.
I received a flyer in the mail recently telling me what a wonderful job this particular insurance was doing and how it was so committed to supporting the GA industry. Yeah right.
They'll screw you for as much as they think the industry will bear and not a cent less. Now doesn't that sound familiar ?

Capt Fathom
21st Apr 2006, 07:56
Hempels want 12 hours on type for insurance reasons

Relax budgie, relax. That's 12 hours on type, not 12 hours DUAL !

gassed budgie
21st Apr 2006, 13:02
Thanks fathom, I realize that. But if you don't have the twelve hours, you've still gotta have the twelve hours. So for that particular 210 it means a twelve hour endorsment.
And the insurance companies are still bastards.

bushy
21st Apr 2006, 13:33
If you had your life savings (about $400,000) invested in a chieftain, I bet you would sleep a lot better if the pilots had MUCH,MUCH more than twelve hours experience in it.

puff
22nd Apr 2006, 05:37
I'd say Hempels 210 has that requirement because their 210 has had more belly rubs than a labrador, though funny enough I believe all the incidents were not done by low hour pilots, perhaps they were low on time on the a/c though. Overall their requirements for the a/c aren't that high, there used to be another one on the field that had a 300 hour requirement, but it was badly damaged and the owner withdrew the use of the a/c to the school. Alas only one left on the field.

jackthelad
23rd Apr 2006, 02:10
I am trying to get a C210 endorsement and build some time on it before moving North. Are there any companies in Sydney and Brisbane where I can do this.

Gidday Novicef,

Dont bother spending your money on an endorsement, rather spend it on stuff like night flying and multi-time if you have the spare coin. Most operators in the North dont require you to have time on C210 to get the job, but it sometime helps obviously. You may be required to do some ICUS once gaining your position. I have know many a pilot to get a start in the NT without C210 endorsement including myself, not a minute. Chartair are a good company to start, Aboriginal Air Services is another. Both worthy of a call.

Goodluck.:ok: