PDA

View Full Version : C150 Door Seals

Romeo Romeo
19th Apr 2006, 17:02
The door seals on our C150 are very draughty and we think they're letting in carbon monoxide as well! Has anyone any experience with replacement door seals for C150s? In particular, has anyone used the door seals sold by AircraftDoorSeals.com? Apparently they are FAA-PMA approved - does this mean we can fit them to our G reg C150?

justinmg
19th Apr 2006, 17:35
Are you sure the CO is coming from the outside. Detectable CO often comes through an internal vent.......

funfly
19th Apr 2006, 17:40
This isn't related to your Cessna but to CO - point to consider.
I had a problem with CO coming into the cabin of my (low wing) aircraft (up to 80 ppm) and eventually traced it entering the air vents which were at knee level in front of the doors.
I had a silencer which fitted centrally under the fuselage and vented the exhaust gasses at a point to the rear of the wing flaps underneath the fuz.
I removed the silencer and replaced it with 'conventional' exhaust ports so that the exhaust gasses vented directly below the engine and downwards into the airstream - problem solved.
The gasses had been returning over the upper surface of the wing along the fuselage and entering the airvent. Yes, the airflow was against the direction of flight!