PDA

View Full Version : Vulcan G-VJET SEN

HZ123
19th Apr 2006, 15:00
There is a strong rumour that the aforementioned a/c will be doing an engine run and fast taxy this Saturday. Anyone confirm this?

Kieron Kirk
19th Apr 2006, 16:39
VRT AGM and Members day at Southend Airport with an engine run around 3pm on Saturday 22nd April.

HZ123
20th Apr 2006, 06:15
See yr there then and I recommend anyone that can make it to go and it is always an impressive beast.

Scoggy
20th Apr 2006, 09:28
I have never seen it taxi yet, but have enjoyed listening to it from me house in Central Ave. If I can lock the Missus in the shed, I will be along.

Could somebody tell me where is the best place to place my eager panting self to have a good view of this? I want to make sure I am not standing where I shouldn't be (was thinking of St Lawrence's churchyard or scuttling round the back of Argos/Carpet World) or have to park somewhere that'll anoy the golfers etc.

Cheers in advance,

Scoggy:8

southender
20th Apr 2006, 12:06
I find the Eastern perimeter road is usually the best vantage point although I expect on Saturday it may be pretty busy and the Airport Authorities appear to be trying to discourage parking along there.

If you belong to the B52 Diner club you could use their compound and parking area.

H'm - Spurs on telly or Vulcan taxying. Difficult choice!

Cheers

Southender

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
20th Apr 2006, 14:10
Engine run only
No fast taxy (but it might be towed somewhere for the run)

Enjoy the noise !

HZ123
21st Apr 2006, 11:30
May I suggest that you join many of us at the Aviators Bar adjoining the Vulcan area where they do a particularly good pint of Guiness, the B29 is for the chavs?