PDA

View Full Version : Metaviation

frost01
19th Apr 2006, 13:58
I heard about one flight school in Turkey - Istanbul, their web site is metaviation.com I checked the web site , but dont have much information about them. In one aviation site, a french guy, who is currently studying at that school, said that; "met flight school is one of the best of the Europe and the cheapest" Does anyone have any kind of information about that place? The price is very attractive for atpl frozen but I wanna be sure from the education quality.

Please inform me if you have information.

Thanks to all,

Sally Goeldenberg

dynamism
15th Dec 2006, 08:28
I heard one FTO from one of my friend, metaviation.com, the school is in Istambul / Turkey and after talking to my friend I called them yesterday, they said that the entire programme (0 - ATPL 213 Hours Flight 770 Hours Ground Study) is 50.000 USD all taxes included (without accomodation).

What do you think about the price, friend is now in Istanbul and he is very happy about their programme. The guys from Met Air sent me the programme:

PPL : 45 Hours Flight + 120 Hours Ground Study
Night Flight : 5 Hours
Time Building: 75 Hours
IR: 50 Hours
CPL: 25 Hours Flight
ME: 13 Hours Flight
ATPL (A): 650 Hours Ground Study)

What do you think when u consider on the price and other details...

I dont have any .... idea.. :confused:

•••
Please send me your comments...

JediDude
15th Dec 2006, 08:35
Doesn't sound as good as Egnatia. £30k for the full course including accomodation.

dynamism
15th Dec 2006, 08:57
Doesn't sound as good as Egnatia. £30k for the full course including accomodation.

I considered the web site, it seems good. Do you have any information about their payment methods such as installment etc. ?
Also Thank you very much for that valuable information.

Included: 236 hours aircraft rental (207 single, 29 multi engine)
All Flight Instruction
ATPL Theory Manuals & Web based access
Ground Instruction for Refreshment Course
All Written Exams & Skill Tests (first attempts)
All HCAA Fees (first attempts)
172 days Accommodation (Theory Distance Learning) OR
317 days Accommodation (Theory In-house)
PPL Study Pack with Headset to keep
All Maps and Training Aids
Daily transfers to and from the accommodation
PPL(A), Night Rating, Hour Build, MEP, CPL(A), IR(A)

Price Distance Learning: € 41,190 (£ 27,597) inclusive
In-house Full Time: € 46,190 (£ 30,947) inclusive

gncalk
15th Dec 2006, 08:58
Dynamism, met aviation haven't been starting Atpl integrated for 3-4 years.Because they couldn't get permission from SHGM(Turkish Civil Aviotion Authority).And in addition to not just met's,all of aviation courses in turkey,their reputations are not good.All of people are thinking about getting their licence from EU and USA.Because there are too many unemploymet person in Turkey who took their licence forum Turkey.STAY AWAY FROM TURKEY!Do your training in EU or USA.Because getting licence from EU or USA will advantage for you.:ok: :ok:(İf there are english grammer mistakes,sorry about them)

dynamism
15th Dec 2006, 09:33
Dynamism, met aviation haven't been starting Atpl integrated for 3-4 years.Because they couldn't get permission from SHGM(Turkish Civil Aviotion Authority).And in addition to not just met's,all of aviation courses in turkey,their reputations are not good.All of people are thinking about getting their licence from EU and USA.Because there are too many unemploymet person in Turkey who took their licence forum Turkey.STAY AWAY FROM TURKEY!Do your training in EU or USA.Because getting licence from EU or USA will advantage for you.:ok: :ok:(İf there are english grammer mistakes,sorry about them)

gncalk thank you very much for your kind & supoportive post. But the guy whom I talked on the phone said that; they will start after newyear and when I asked their accreditation (http://javascript<b></b>:ZE('accreditation')) they said that they could send me the copy of their licence one week before the starting date.
One other point, are you sure that met air hasn't been starting Atpl integrated for 3-4 years???? Because after one of my related question, the guy said that, the school was established in 2006 March. Also my friend told me the same...

MorningGlory
15th Dec 2006, 10:55
I wouldn't be asking yourselves 'who is the cheapest?' I would be asking who is the best 'Quality' Training provider..

Flight training is not cheap you'll have to accept that if you want to do it.

I would suggest if you want to save a few quid, do a modular course, initial flying in the USA or Australia is cheaper than the UK and quicker. Go to either Oxford or Bristol for your groundschool (I wouldn't even consider anywhere else), and finish your CPL and IR with a good value school in the UK (plenty around eg: Stapleford).

If you pay the turks peanuts i'm afraid you are going to get monkeys. Good luck. :ok:

jonjon
15th Dec 2006, 11:31
Just a quick note on what Morning glory said:
"Oxford or Bristol for your groundschool (I wouldn't even consider anywhere else)"

Speaking from my experience following the residencial course at London Metropolitan University (which I'm about to finish), I have to say I would not dismiss other groundschools so quickly. Obviously I cannot compare to Oxford or Bristol as I have not been there, but looking at the pass marks in our group, the average is over 90% or just about and I'm personnaly on 96% (does not mean anything I know it terms or finding job but goes to show the lecturers aren't that bad, and the price is very attractive too)...

Good luck