PDA

View Full Version : Best seats??

davebell
19th Apr 2006, 09:48
Hi lads and ladies.....

Off to HER on hols, going on A/C 737-800 type. Never been on one before.

Any advice on the best seat to request would be most welcome.

Thanks and keep on rockin

davebell.....

air2bob
19th Apr 2006, 13:10
depends which airline but from memory row 1abc row 2def and row 15 and 16 were all extra legroom seats:ok:

davebell
19th Apr 2006, 15:53
Thanks a mill Air2Bob.

Much obliged.:ok: :ok: :ok:

Crepello
20th Apr 2006, 04:53
Hard to be prescriptive - if memory serves, EI are one of the airlines that don't have a row #13, which can skew the assumptions. As can the myriad of cabin configurations.

I'm a fan of seatguru.com for seating intel, though it's no so hot for European airlines. Wish I'd checked it recently, when my "window" seat on a 75 offered a great view of... cabin-liner. For the same reason, avoid the back row of B717s at all costs - no view or recline, and just a tad noisy! Incidentally, I've no affiliation to the website I mentioned - mods, apologies if I'm out of line for plugging it.

Have a good hol :)

NZLeardriver
20th Apr 2006, 05:29
http://www.seatguru.com/

Skunkie
26th Apr 2006, 04:09
Davebell, remember that 1st row on b-737 is considered in many companies as emergency row even if there is no emex window, but cos it's close to main doors and supposed to be occupied by able bodied pax during emergencies. Because of that and because there's no restraint in front you will be not allowed to take any hand luggage besides you, but you must fix everything in overhead lockers. Some companies are not so strict, but usually they ask you at least for take off and landing to put your handbag in overhead compartment.

Skunkie