PDA

View Full Version : Reapplication

NeoDude
19th Apr 2006, 08:19
Hey folks,

Here's my situation.

I applied to NATS last August but narrowly failed the stage 1 selection. I am intending on reapplying this year and it is my last chance (30 in october). From what I've read on the website I can re-apply at any time but I have to leave a year between selection tests. Does this mean I can just reapply just now but not book my stage 1 until a year has passed after my last one? Or would I be better hanging off for a while?

20th Apr 2006, 08:29
it may be worth you contacting them and finding out what exactly you failed. i marginally failed one of the interviews and they let me just resit that one interview rather than doing everything all again.

need anything else let me know

good luck

NeoDude
20th Apr 2006, 09:06
I already got feedback after my test. It was the basic checking test that I failed. (Spent too long looking for duplicate answers that weren't there because I seen duplicates on the sample paper ;) )

So, do you think I would be able to resit this one test ASAP? as opposed to waiting until August and resitting them all?

Who would I contact in regards to this?

Gonzo
20th Apr 2006, 10:55
Neo Dude, can't see it happeneing. crewman is talking about the next stage, the interviews. AFAIK if you fail any part of the tests, you're failed, and will have to reapply.

NeoDude
21st Apr 2006, 05:34
I thought that would be the case. Cheers for the info.

JamesTigris
21st Apr 2006, 09:47
Hey NeoDude.
How did you get feedback on the stage one tests? I contacted NATS after mine but was told they could not tell me where I had failed or how narrow the margin was to passing.
I'll be re-applying in a year too, but I will leave it until a few months nearer the time to do so.

Roni f
24th Apr 2006, 23:17
guys stick at it

although the year seems a while it will be worth the wait do as much background research as you can in the mean time, the mats part 1 is on the net in e format this would help at interview and def so at college. i failed the selection twice and fortunatly passed on my final chance and am currently at Hurn so get the head down and good luck.

cheers:ok:

ChrisDobison
27th Apr 2006, 09:08
I failed first attempt back in 2001, and reapplied about 10 months later. I was given a date for selection tests pretty much exactly 12 months after my first ones so I'd say try reapplying now.

Good luck!

Chris