PDA

View Full Version : Midair over Madrid, 2 light aircraft

LN-ATC
18th Apr 2006, 13:59
Two Cessna 172 crashed south west of [corrected] Madrid 1230 today. Both planes belonged to American Flyers España, based at Cuatro Vientos, Madrid. One aircraft was able to make a forced landing, 2 wounded. The second aircraft fell uncontrolled into the ground, 2 killed.

www.elpais.es (http://www.elpais.es/articulo/espana/muertos/estrellarse/avionetas/aire/Madrid/elpporesp/20060418elpepunac_5/Tes/)

Wounded Knee
18th Apr 2006, 15:12
yeah
Really sad!! The 2 planes(both American Flyers) were thought to be in the circuit of Casarubios del Monte (LEMT). A young instructor (21) and a student (19) lost their lives. People are only guessing now what might have happened here today. The airfield where it happened is an uncontrolled field where most of the schools based in Cuatro Vientos do their touch & go's. Most of the schools stopped flying today because of it. People at my school (Aeromadrid) weren't in the mood to fly after it.......
sad day here

low n' slow
18th Apr 2006, 15:49
My thoughts go to their loved ones.
My first thought and the one that sticks is: Not another one. A dear friend of mine passed away recently in a similar accident over San Diego.
It's harsh.
Regards/ LnS

cliste
18th Apr 2006, 21:27
How Sad.

My condolences to the families of the bereaved ! I hope the Spanish CAA establish exactly what happened and put in place the necessary controls and procedures to stop such an event happening again.

Cliste