PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable video....

ARINC
15th Apr 2006, 20:22
http://www.break.com/index/airshowcrash27.html

Looks like the pilot tried hard to recover a bad situation, but ultimately failed.

Gingerbread Man
15th Apr 2006, 20:28
Happened a couple of years ago if it's the one i'm thinking of - killed quite a few people on the ground unfortunately. I can't remember why it happened - i'm sure someone on here will tell you though.

Ginger

brickhistory
15th Apr 2006, 20:36
Damn!

Don't the location of this one.

In the second clip, the photographer demonstrated either extremely low S/A as the underside of the jet kept getting bigger and bigger in the viewfinder or a big pair of brass ones for continued filming......

Smoketoomuch
15th Apr 2006, 20:43
Sadly, it's all too believable of what happens when an aircraft crashes into a crowd of people. Many many people died in this accident. Might I respectfully suggest that this is not a suitable topic for these boards.

fantaman
15th Apr 2006, 20:50
That one happened near Lviv in the Ukraine back in 2002 at a Military airshow. Sadly it killed 77 people on the ground. The crew were sentenced to 14 years (pilot) and 8 years (nav/co-pilot) in jail. Heres a bbc news link to the story.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4619663.stm

brickhistory
15th Apr 2006, 20:56
Sadly, it's all too believable of what happens when an aircraft crashes into a crowd of people. Many many people died in this accident. Might I respectfully suggest that this is not a suitable topic for these boards.

smoketoomuch, why? Not meaning to insult you or defame the memory of those who died, but why should this be off-limits? Seems a wealth of comments about poor flight/show planning, official oversight, lessons learned, etc. could all be addressed.

My own comment was that had I been there, I hope I would have had the presence of mind, as the airplane got much too large, to run like hell!

ARINC
15th Apr 2006, 21:08
The loss of life is of course terrible and If there's unease about the content, and the mods wish to delete the post, I completely understand. It was not intended as prurience. I was simply amazed at the trajectory of the aircraft and how it seemed the crew were limited in the final phases in what they could actually do. FBW intervention perhaps, physics...

Smoketoomuch
15th Apr 2006, 21:18
smoketoomuch, why? Not meaning to insult you or defame the memory of those who died, but why should this be off-limits?

No insult taken or given I hope, but having seen the full footage of this accident I don't want to be reminded of it. I'm sure lessons have been learned re; flight safety.

Just an opinion, and I'll respect those that differ.

brickhistory
15th Apr 2006, 21:26
smoketoomuch, well said and same here.

Green Flash
16th Apr 2006, 14:14
Clicked on the link to the BBC report. The picture of the little lad looking at the camera said it all, really. A powerfull reminder of the consequences of certain actions, whether man made or a mechanical/sytem failure. The posting of the vid link is appreciated but I won't be looking at it again, thanks.

bad livin'
16th Apr 2006, 15:53
I seem to remember that after this dreadful incident one of the more "alternative" magazines available on the high street shelf ("Bizarre", if memory serves) published pictures of the aftermath that quite frankly should not have been allowed into print in any civilised nation. Any lessons that anyone can learn from this must be valuable ones...perhaps the best way to honour the loss of anyone in a situation like this is to get as much from it as possible to prevent similar things happening.