PDA

View Full Version : P4-MES

lba2006
15th Apr 2006, 17:33
After seeing this 767 this morning at MAN i've been trying to find out who it belongs to.........I've heard it belongs to Roman Abramovich.
Can anyone shed any light on this??

TSR2
15th Apr 2006, 17:53
B767-33AER Registration P4-MES does indeed belong to Roman Abramovic the owner of Chelsea FC who were playing Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok Stadium today.

Fried_Chicken
15th Apr 2006, 20:27
Yup, it's Mr A's jet which replaced his previous mount, B737 P4-GJC. He uses Ec155 LX-HEC to shuttle between his home & Luton (where the B763 is based when he is in London)

FC

lba2006
15th Apr 2006, 22:57
All his planes appear to be registered in Aruba.........any ideas why??

LB1985
16th Apr 2006, 00:06
All his planes appear to be registered in Aruba.........any ideas why??

Because it's cheap, I guess. Has money to spend on a B763 of his own, but not to stick it on the British register! ;)

Fried_Chicken
16th Apr 2006, 00:39
A lot of private jets that spend some time in Russia/CIS each year tend to either reg'd in Aruba or Austria.

FC

Gulf4uk
16th Apr 2006, 09:49
hi

Rumour Has it HE wanted to keep it at Farnborough but Tag turned him down . The local bylaws dont permit that Weight of aircraft into FAB
and they dont have the equipment to handle it .
The others in the Silver arrows fleet All use FAB GBLX\ LX reg and other types.
LX-HEC Is Blackbushe Based the other chopper i believe is Chanel
islands based when not on his Boat

TONY

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
16th Apr 2006, 11:34
In a previous north west match where Chlease were playing, I believe he brought P4-MES to MAN, and jumped into his chopper to the game (Wigan/Bolton/Blackburn I think), which had been especially flown up to MAN for the job.

Crazy.

TUGNBAR
16th Apr 2006, 12:00
In a previous north west match where Chlease were playing, I believe he brought P4-MES to MAN, and jumped into his chopper to the game (Wigan/Bolton/Blackburn I think), which had been especially flown up to MAN for the job.
Crazy.

Why is it crazy, if you got it flaunt it.

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
16th Apr 2006, 16:58
I'm not knocking him - just hard to imagine myself ever being able to make decsions like that!

Also, for a man with his wealth and power, travelling on his personal a/c and choppers is probably more secure than chartering randoms every time.

Gulf4uk
16th Apr 2006, 17:08
HI

Lets face it we would all do the same why drive to manchester when
A 767 is waiting for you , no waiting to get through Watford onto M1
Just hop in your Chopper and away . go on admit it you Would do it

Tony