PDA

View Full Version : CPL or ATPL

afghanhound
15th Apr 2006, 15:10
I promise Sticky I have looked in previous threads and I cant find the answer to what I believe is a relatively simple question. In terms of ground exams what is the diference between studying for a CPL(A) and ATPL (A)? I have no need for an ATPL and I am assuming the CPL ground exams are less-is that the case? Why is it that I cannot find a school that does full time ground school for the CPL, only at ATPL level. This gives the impression they are one and the same thing in ground exam terms.

scameron77
15th Apr 2006, 15:50
From what I'm led to believe there are almost similar, except a couple less exams, hence why most people just bite the bullet and do the 14 ATPL's.

If you've ran 26 miles for a marathon you might as well walk 300 yards to pick up your medal and piece of tin-foil.

No doubt some 'statto' will give you the exact sub-section paragraph and appendix from LASORS :E

FlyingForFun
15th Apr 2006, 17:46
No doubt some 'statto' will give you the exact sub-section paragraph and appendix from LASORSEverything you need to know about which exams are included in which subjects is in LASORS, Section J, which reveals that there are 14 exams for ATPL, and 9 for CPL. Section D1.3 confirms this.

For a complete list of all the schools offering ground courses, see here (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_APPROVEDFTOS.PDF). This document shows there are 4 schools offering a CPL course: AFT in Coventry, Cranfield Aviation, Ground Training Services at Bournemouth and Western Australian Aviation College.

FFF
--------------

afghanhound
16th Apr 2006, 05:28
Thanks for this. I note that CPL can only be done at distance learning.

FlyingForFun
16th Apr 2006, 06:50
Theoretically, it's possible to do a residential course - it's just that no one offers this course right now.

FFF
------------