PDA

View Full Version : Air Nelson C-FFOZ

GBALU53
14th Apr 2006, 11:55
Does any one know why Dash 8 C-FFOZ painted in Air Nelson of New Zealand transited Iceland-Belafast Harbour-Jersey-Portugal on Sunday the 9th April and returned with a night stop in Jersey on12/13 April????

Every one spoken to when it transited on Sunday thought it was funny way to be on delivery.

But obviously it could not have been but it might have been on a demo in Portugal.

All info greatly excepted.:ok: :ok:

Oshkosh George
14th Apr 2006, 13:48
Yes,it was on a demo in Portugal,but you would think it would continue eastwards. Perhaps delivery is not due yet?

Picture and details here -----

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/showphotos.main?from=2

Oshkosh George
17th Apr 2006, 15:51
THe registration is currently C-FFOZ,and due to become ZK-NEG c/n 621.

Joćo Couto Resendes
18th Apr 2006, 02:46
Hi there!

It was quite nice to see an aircraft painted in the colours of an airline based so far away. Last time something like that happened was in 1998 when a Qantas 747 made a flight to our Island.

This Dash 8 made some flights in the Azores but it only landed at Ponta Delgada (Sćo Miguel Island) and at Corvo Island which has a 800meters runway. This means it had to fly to Corvo and then back to Ponta Delgada without refueling (corvo has no refuelng available). Being it a 1h20m flight each way, I'm assuming they had some wight limitation on departure at Corvo.

Anyway, you can see some photos of it in the following link:
http://www.azoresspotters.net/fotos/thumbnails.php?album=search&type=full&search=C-FFOZ

BTW, from Ponta Delgada to Wellington distance is over 18200km. Quite a long way for a small dash:cool:

Best regards,
Joćo Resendes - Azores Spotters

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
18th Apr 2006, 06:58
As this thread has attracted viewers from down under can I go off topic? Would anyone know why VT-NED, the NEPC Airlines F-27, was at Blenheim Airport, NZ, in September 2003?

My wife and I were sightseeing and were not expecting to suddenly come across the airport, let alone an Indian registered Friendship! Had it been purchased by a company in NZ?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
18th Apr 2006, 08:11
OK.. many thanks for that. The snap I took is at:
http://www.brendan-mccartney.fotopic.net/p22312940.html

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
18th Apr 2006, 09:43
Monkeybdg.. "Heathrow Director" was among the radio callsigns I used for most of my working life as a controller at Heathrow. I've been retired for over 3 years but still love aeroplanes..

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
18th Apr 2006, 13:56
<<Ever fly planes?>>

Sadly no. It was one of 4 or 5 ambitions I had when I was a kid and it's the only one I didn't achieve! Next time around maybe....

GBALU53
18th Apr 2006, 18:27
Heathrow Director

You must be a keen aviation supporter.

Your picture of F 27 VT-NED if i am not mistake is a Fairchild built aircraft??

With out looking up the full spec but i saw a sister F 27 down in Dinard many years ago VT-NEJ with dual markings N509AW.

One of two maintaince facilities at Dinard in Bretany overhauled F27s aircraft mainly fairchild built.

A variety of F27s would transit Dinard from all points of the globe.

When Jersey European started F27 operations the first one were Australian Registered.:ok: :ok:

Oshkosh George
18th Apr 2006, 22:48
This aircraft ,although first used by Air Wisconsin,was in fact Dutch built.
It has been at Blenheim since at least 1997,and was being broken up in Feb 2006.