PDA

View Full Version : Around the World tickets.

1DC
13th Apr 2006, 08:39
When buying a ticket to go around the world is it necessary to have a firm itinirary when making the booking.I would want to state what destinations i want to visit but do i have to be exact on arrival and departure dates??

sixmilehighclub
13th Apr 2006, 09:28
To save money, you need to book dates.

If you want flexibility you can book an OPEN ticket and then subject to the airline, either call and book to travel on a date, or turn up and travel, subject to available seats. This is more expensive but it is because you have the flexibility you need.

Speak to a company such as STA travel to get an idea on price, or just google RTW tickets (round the world).

HAve a great time when you do go!!

Six :ok:

lexxity
13th Apr 2006, 10:40
Have a look at star alliance rtw tickets they have different types of tickets that will allow you certain changes. Try trailfinders as well for good advice, but do your research throughly to make sure you get a ticket for your exact requirements.

As Six says, have a good time!

christep
14th Apr 2006, 07:58
There are forums more or less dedicated to discussion of this type of ticket over at Flyertalk. The tickets tend to be linked to the major alliances (OneWorld, Star, SkyTeam etc.). This is the forum for OneWorld: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=411
You can navigate from there to those for the other alliances.

As an example, the OneWorld Explorer ticket allows you to be totally flexible with dates - you have to set the routing when you buy the ticket, but you can change that later (provided the new routing stays with the rules of course) for a change fee of US$125.

1DC
14th Apr 2006, 16:30
Thank you for your replies, if we do it, it will be early next year....

studentpilotmcuk
22nd Apr 2006, 12:14
I went around the world with Connections and Titan Travel. it was fantastic. Go get yourself a Connections or Titan Travel brochure sit down and plan what it is you would like to do. Explain it to the travel agent and in a couple of days you have your itinnary planned.
When I went with my father, I did, form Heathrow to LAX to Aucland, Christchurch, Sydney, Cairns with a 3 day extension in Cairns because we just knew we were going to be absolutly shattered at this point and we were, And from there we went to Singapore back to London Heathrow.
The trip with everything in a City tour in every place plus excurtians cost around 5 grand + spending money. We flew with BA and Quantas, absolutly no problem what so ever, and no delays.
And as we booked with Connections, they got Titan Travel to pick my father and myself up from our local bus station and drop us both at our front door at the end of the holiday absolutly fantastic.
I would highly reccommend these companies as it is so stress free.
Just say what you would like to do and leave it to them to sort it out
All the best and have a wonderful trip
SPMCUK:)