PDA

View Full Version : ATR TR at Farnair

LeNautilus
13th Apr 2006, 07:35
Hello,
I am looking for informations about an ATR type rating at Farnair.
Do you know if the training is "well done"?
Is it expensive compared to a TR at ATC?
Are there any opportunities to be hired as a F/O at the end of training?
Thanks for your replies

FougaMagister
13th Apr 2006, 15:28
I am not aware that Farnair Europe does ATR type ratings (or indeed, any type ratings at all), since as far as I know, the company is not a TRTO. They may in the past have offered to rate some of their own crew that flew a different type (such as the Fokker 27), but that would be limited to people who were already on Farnair's payroll.

Farnair typically hire high-time ATR-rated FOs; the usual requirement is 1,000 hrs on type :* , although that might be open to negotiation (within reason) seeing the recent ads in Flight International.

Bonne chance :cool:

vipatr
13th Apr 2006, 20:59
Farnair is currently looking to start a ATR type rating program as they do have a TRTO, also they are looking for catains on ATR.

LeNautilus
14th Apr 2006, 06:10
Yes, it is written in their website that they have a TRTO agreement to do Type Rating on ATR and Fokker.
It maybe quite new.
Do you think the 1000 hrs requirement is also a prerequisite for the guys who do their TR on site?
After all, some low timers fly Airbus or Boeing with less than 300 hrs logged...

FougaMagister
14th Apr 2006, 15:29
OK, I stand corrected re. Farnair Europe having an in-house TRTO. They must use somebody else's sim though - being an ATR operator, they probably use their own aircraft for base training.

They might give preference to pilots type-rated in-house IF they open their TRTO to self-sponsored applicants; however, like most other airlines, they won't make any promises...

Cheers :cool:

oligoe
16th Apr 2006, 15:40
Hello All,

I heard Farnair used to send their guys to Icare in France for the ATR rating.
But it might have changed.
regards,

og

vipatr
16th Apr 2006, 15:45
Farnair is very interrested in guys that have a rating on the atr and have a some hours on type so they can be upgraded in a short periode of time.
They also just hired some non-rated pilots and bonded them.
for now I think they have enough co-pilots but with Farnair you never really know untill the last minute.
They have 2 more ATR 72 aircraft coming...

error_401
23rd Apr 2006, 13:51
Farnair is a TRTO certified for TR on ATR 42 and 72.

At present they only train their own pilots but that may change in the future.

An own SIM is not required for a TRTO.
Flight training is done on the own aircraft.

Thats my 5 cents.

Cheers

DIRRIK
23rd Apr 2006, 17:32
5 cents? 5 swiss franks I guess...:}

Farnair owns a TRTO and provides type ratings on the ATR42/72. I have no idea if they run a self funded type rating scheme or if they employ you and provide you the rating with a bonding.

Farnair is a good environment to learn and has different kinds of operations (mixed cargo and pax). Pilots are nice bunch of people.

Good luck!:D

vipatr
23rd Apr 2006, 21:01
Dirrik.

how is A.C treating you?

hope all is well.

When you are basel give us a call .

I STILL OWE YOU SO MUCH BEERS!

HAPPY LANDINGS!

error_401
23rd Apr 2006, 21:17
dirrik and vipatr