PDA

View Full Version : 3 fired at alligator in a week

drshmoo
13th Apr 2006, 03:55
3 fired at alligator in a week

Whats going on. Is lord mont flexing his muscle? Someone must have refused to fly over weight again, oh well

Any news?

TwinNDB
13th Apr 2006, 04:48
One of the main reasons union membership should be encouraged as soon as you get your CPL.

I wish I had got union membership earlier in my GA career but thankfully I didnt need it in the end.

The main point is that your membership (among other benefits) will give you all the legal coverage you need if you need it - at no extra cost other than you membership levy, HOWEVER, you are only covered for events that occur after your start date of joining.

The other point that made me put off joining for a while was "what if the boss knows I'm a member of ....." well, they will never know unless YOU tell them.

Best of luck to all involved, especially if it was for some such airmanship/legal related matter that the owner to a dislike to.

Twin,

ThoughtCrime
13th Apr 2006, 06:06
I also heard going around that there was a (sexual?) abuse complaint filed within the company.

Wonder who that was :E

TC

disco_air
13th Apr 2006, 06:09
hahahahahahahaha the more things change the more they stay the same! :}

Icarus2001
13th Apr 2006, 10:32
The other point that made me put off joining for a while was "what if the boss knows I'm a member of ....." well, they will never know unless YOU tell them.
Not quite.
You join the AFAP and then take out their LOL insurance. You then present your receipt with AFAP writ large on the top to your employer to be reimbursed for said cost and voila...

Pretzal
13th Apr 2006, 12:29
is monty the chief pilot there...what happened to PW?

whykillamoocow
13th Apr 2006, 22:02
My understanding is that one of the pilots refused to grab his ankles and monty was upset by this. Must be missing the blue oyster bar

ThoughtCrime
14th Apr 2006, 01:16
PW long gone (Jun 2005) dehhhh!

Now PG

..TC

struggler20
14th Apr 2006, 02:35
Wanted Knx pilot

Selection Process
==================================================
Will take around 4weeks all unpaid. If successful you will be casual, expected to kiss arse and work for nothing to show u are “keen” to get a flight

Remember you will be also evaluated by the entire town, if some local is unhappy with your actions … you will be fired

You will be evaluated on the speed to grab ankles as suck up to the ops manager, and some have excelled at the later (the little kiwi gimp)

What to expect

# Treated like sh*t
# Must be incapable of adding and subtraction WB ie
BEW + PILOT + PAX = ZFW + FUEL = MAX
# Must respond to "your phukin fired"
# Must be willing to stand around in the hot sun and look busy.
# Must be willing to work a 6.5-7 day a week roster so that others can go out drinking every night get smashed and not have to get up before 9am
# Reminded on a daily basis that you are lucky to have this job, that you owe the masters so much and that there are 20 others in town that can have your job.

bushy
14th Apr 2006, 02:59
Looks like we have a large group of high class, well mannered highly motivated pilots to fly the outback aeroplanes.

disco_air
14th Apr 2006, 03:36
uhhh... please explain? :confused:

ThoughtCrime
14th Apr 2006, 03:45
struggler20 you forgot a couple of things

Will take around 4weeks all unpaid. If successful you will be casual, expected to kiss arse and work for nothing to show u are “keen” to get a flight

*Company reserves the right to alter said "4 weeks" by any amount of time and may retain casual status. If this occurs during Wet Season (no flying - no pay), too bad. Hope you hung onto your contacts at Coles for the living money.

# Must be incapable of adding and subtraction WB ie
BEW + PILOT + PAX = ZFW + FUEL = MAX

You got it around the wrong way....

PAX + PILOT = MTOW - BEW - FUEL = MAX
Be sure to quote "Max" as this indicates you can remember what the MTOW of your aircraft is (its just a number really) :hmm: :ouch:

TC

Continental-520
14th Apr 2006, 03:59
Jeez bushy,

I can see why you're so keen to promote GA after reading this one!!

I cannot tell you how glad I am that those days are behind me. Fun as they were, I'm still glad I have moved on to work for credible operators since then.

To those being exploited right now, hang in there guys, it won't last forever.

bushy
14th Apr 2006, 13:27
If you allowed yourself yo be exploited, you are a fool. Do not blame anyone else.
ALSO, if you did, then you are adding to the problem.

disco_air
14th Apr 2006, 16:50
Easy for you to say that now.

runway16
14th Apr 2006, 22:16
Do I recall correctly that Alligator has a C206 floatplane turn over on landing a few weeks ago. Three on board.

Any connection?

tinpis
15th Apr 2006, 01:05
Many years ago tin was hounded and picked on by a senior base pilot
I knocked his block off.
Tin was sacked .
So was he from his hospital bed :}

ThoughtCrime
15th Apr 2006, 01:40
Do I recall correctly that Alligator has a C206 floatplane turn over on landing a few weeks ago. Three on board.

1 of the sackings, quite possibly. :E So maybe that one was legit?

Wheeler
15th Apr 2006, 06:35
Silly question - but if they are that bad at adding up, isn't that an issue for our esteemed regulator rather than making allegations here?

lead_struggler
15th Apr 2006, 10:48
Struggler20 you forgot a few things:

# as part of working 6.5-7 days a week you will be required to work from 0430 to 1700 local as those who have been out all night will only fly in the late morning and then fart around before grouping together and selecting which flights they want for the next day while sipping cold ones. All this while you pilots are putting all the planes to sleep ready for the next day

# if your one of these pilots that weighs over a 100kg your weight for the manifest shall be limited to 90kg:ooh: Is that 90kg for the left or right cheek?

Some people just forget that they are big fish in the smallest pond... there's a big real world out there full of professionals that will see right through them.

Now this Kiwi gimp... before my time but pls do tell

15th Apr 2006, 16:20
it must have been an inexperienced float pilot that it flipped it over. where did the plane flip over?

anyone care to comment about that incident? or was it all covered up as usual?

hush hush........:E

Slave labor ehh lead struggler!!!!

ContactMeNow
15th Apr 2006, 22:36
Silly question - but if they are that bad at adding up, isn't that an issue for our esteemed regulator rather than making allegations here?

That is why all good pilots have uni degrees :E atleast you need to be able to count to get one!

CMN :ok:

struggler20
16th Apr 2006, 03:45
Rumor has it that the floatplane driver is a low hour on floats. A victim of the wheels down on lake knx, also that he is one of the prime pupils of the "wheeland flight academy" so that should explain enough.

I wish all the best in looking for a job as I hold no grudges unlike may of the other aa drivers however it would have been easier to find work if you were not such a c*nt to new pilots.

ThoughtCrime
16th Apr 2006, 04:57
however it would have been easier to find work if you were not such a c*nt to new pilots

or if you werent the filthy little weasel that you are.

Like the C208 Amphibs say:

"Gear Up for Water Landing"

:}

TC

disco_air
16th Apr 2006, 05:06
wheeland flight academy :ok: :p

Show us some of your publications from this academy struggler :}

...Disco

Continental-520
16th Apr 2006, 08:10
If you allowed yourself yo be exploited, you are a fool. Do not blame anyone else.

Right. So what you're saying, in fact, is that the majority of those who work in the GA industry are fools. Hmmm. I'll remember that.

Are you sure you were NEVER exploited yourself, in various past chapters of your career?

Wheeland flight academy
:ok: that's just too funny!!

bobair
17th Apr 2006, 02:33
First Post
Might be my second?
3 Fired? Here is what happened;
1 Got fired for forgetting baggage, not for sinking a float-plane.
2 Got asked to leave after working in the hanger for free for a few week, both had passed check rides and were doing ICUS. Office politics played a big part.
1 Got suspended for a week for not informing the CP of a potential incident straight after a flight.
1 Got banished to Airvan only flying until further notice.
- The one that got fired was one of the PW golden boys, about time they moved on.
- The two that got asked to leave were good guys, working for free, doing far more work than the golden boys. Sad story, the ops manager (BM) doesn't like female pilot, so tries his hardest to get rid of them.
- The one that got suspended was the kiwi gimp 'struggler20' mentioned, believe he was also the one that put in an harassment complaint about the ops manager. Struggler20, maybe reassess some of your ideas, the ops manager has a way of turning people against each other and twisting the truth (there are two kiwis, and a potential third kiwi at Alligator).
- The one that got banished to the Airvan: once again, Alligator showing how much they love their staff.
Good Questions;
Where is CASA in all this, why haven't they stepped in to stop all this mess?
taking-off overweight, 13 hour days, 65 hour weeks etc
Where are the worker relations watchdogs?
minimum pay, hours, harassment, discrimination etc

ThoughtCrime
17th Apr 2006, 03:39
1 Got banished to Airvan only flying until further notice.

What crap. When are they ever going to grow up? :mad:

1 Got fired for forgetting baggage, not for sinking a float-plane

Plenty of pilots have forgotten freight/baggage and not been fired, so surely bending 50% of the company floatplane fleet had something to do with it. (But then again, some have been fired for much, much less too!)

A Golden boy move on? I refer back to lead_struggler's reference to Big fish in small ponds. :hmm:

TC

Hugh Jarse
17th Apr 2006, 03:56
bobair, the following is not a shot at you. Just an observation about GA.

bobair wrote: Where is CASA in all this, why haven't they stepped in to stop all this mess?
taking-off overweight, 13 hour days, 65 hour weeks etc
CASA are probably totally unaware of what's going on. Why? Because nobody wants to speak out and report such matters. You can rest assured that if a few written complaints were received by their "friendly" FOI something would get done. However pilots tend to bitch and moan, move on THEN slag the operator. Basically because of selfishness. The best excuse is "If I don't do it, somebody else will".

As long as pilots hold that attitude, they deserve what they get:suspect:

Where are the worker relations watchdogs?
minimum pay, hours, harassment, discrimination etc
The same place as CASA. Pilots accept crappy conditions. Nobody forces them to. Working in the hangar for free? Give me a break! You guys are your own worst enemy!:}

Oh, I forgot: "If I don't do it, somebody else will".

If you don't stand up and insist on fair and equitable treatment nothing will change.

Oh, I forgot: "If I don't do it, somebody else will".

It's kind of self-fulfilling isn't it?

disco_air
17th Apr 2006, 04:18
Hugh Jarse,

The problem is, I can almost guarantee there are over 20 unemployed pilots in Kununurra (or close nearby), reading this thread with great interest.

Not because they may be appalled with conditions they may have to face, but because when one of these existing employees either:

a) quits, or

b) is fired

they will quite happily move on in.

...Disco

Over and gout
17th Apr 2006, 04:32
- The one that got banished to the Airvan: once again,
Whats wrong with the Airvan? I've never flown one so I don't know.....:confused:

Hugh Jarse
17th Apr 2006, 04:35
So there you go Disco Dude...My point precisely:"If I don't do it, somebody else will".

It's a self-fulfilling prophesy. The 20 or so unemployed sharks are ready to pounce. So what would happen if all the pilots (both employed and unemployed) in town decided "we're not gonna do it"? Hmmm, suddenly the operator is facing a shortage of pilots, and guess what? The work still has to be done. You guys insist on fair and equitable treatment. What can the operator do? Change his work practices.

I know the above is a very simplistic answer. But I know nothing even remotely like this will never happen as long as the selfish attitudes (I only have to do it until I get my xxxx hours, then I'm outta there) prevail.:rolleyes:

P.S. If you refuse to work 65hr/7 days, some or all of the unemployed sharks would have jobs.

struggler20
17th Apr 2006, 05:08
Hugh
I think you will find that pilots dont stick together on this and hence operators can get away with murder. Pilots will stab others in the back so they can get some extra seniority. I think AA either reprimanded or fired several pilots who decided that they would not put up with the dodgy operations. I can say that this is a tradition in aa (like many more ga operators) and no necessarily reflection of the aa owner or cp but the more dealing of a ops manager and his golden henchman.

99% of pilots do the right thing it’s a small percentage that we need to work on. I can remember the golden boys numerous comments to new pilots such as

* You can take off overweight because you will burn the extra fuel in the air, (geez I was never concerned at being LW limited)
* Just use standard weights or there is no need to weight them just guess or even better use "MAX"

* Don’t count your weight
* Just punch through its clear on the other side.

My comments on the kiwi gimp were based on his the flirting with the devil to try and get some twin time and until I see otherwise they stay. :P

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
17th Apr 2006, 05:09
I worked for CM, he paid me correectly ( the Award ), and rightfully jumped up and down on my head when i made a mistake, how is this different to any boss anywhere ?.

Also had seen many Pilots sacked, it was never for one thing, it was a string of events, fortunately i never made the same mistake twice.

One thing I can tell you for certain, CM will not be held to ransom by Staff ( especially Pilots ), and why should he ?, from my experiences with him, he is a reasonable bloke and Alligator was my first job.

To those that live by the creedo of "If I don't do it, somebody else will", you have a real shock ahead of you when you enter a Piloting work place with experienced Pilots, they will grind you into the ground. Do not undercut / back stab each other, it's too small an industry.

struggler20
17th Apr 2006, 05:20
Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower i think you will find thing have changed since you were there.

I can say that cm never told me to fly overweight and always told me to go home after lunch if i was on a earily. He was a hard but fair boss. However now that a certain ops manager is running day to day operations CM is out of the loop to what is happening. hence all the complaints

i just wanted to make that clear to all.

ThoughtCrime
17th Apr 2006, 05:32
Struggler20 agreed.
CM is a hard but fair boss who gave everyone a fair go. But with management below him (previously PW + Ops manager) running their own little show, he was blind to see what was going on.
Now its simply a matter of the ops manager pulling the wool over both CM and the CP's eyes to run his own personal agendas.
But look here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=169296&referrerid=138596) and we can see this is not new at all.
TC

disco_air
17th Apr 2006, 05:49
I would also like to point out that I most certainly do not and never worked to the If I don't do it, somebody else will rationale.

I did my job the best I could, to the standards I was trained to and never lowered them. I would like to say I was at most times treated very fairly during my time at a/a. CM is a very reasonable man.

I simply pointed out there are plenty of sharks who will move on in if a bunch decide to leave citing unfair/unreasonable conditions (regardless to who's actions this is due to).

Is this new or unique? No I dont think so. It would be lovely if current employees refused to work for an operator and unemployed ones refused to move in to work under those same degraded conditions. A little reading on this website and elsewhere shows clearly this is not restricted to GA/single engine piston operations (a la Jet* etc etc).... you get my drift.

Im not saying its right and I know you Hugh Jarse, LRT arent either.

...Disco

drshmoo
18th Apr 2006, 00:12
DEAR MONT, WELCOME TO THE TWENTY FIRST CENTURY. THERE HAVE BEEN A FEW CHANGES, I'LL LIST A FEW HERE

SOME PILOTS ARE FEMALES AND ITS OK TO TREAT THEM FAIRLY AND EQUALLY AND NOT REFER TO THEM AS BUCKETS OF SALTY WATER ETC. MAYBE IF YOU TRY ONE YOU MIGHT LIKE THEM BETTER!!
HARRASSMENT OF PILOTS WHO ARE IN A LESS FORTUNATE POSITION THAN YOU IS NOT THAT COOL. HAVING A TOUCH UP OF YOUNG PILOTS IN THE COCKPIT IS REALLY NOT COOL AND IN THE 21ST THAT SORT OF STUFF BETWEEN 2 CONSENTING ADULTS IS ACCEPTABLE PRATICE ON THE GROUND AND I WOULD LIKE TO EMPHASISE THE WORD CONSENT

SLINGAIR PEOPLE ARE OK AND YOU CAN BE NICE TO THEM, EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY HAVE MISSED OUT WITH THEM ON 2 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS, LONG TERM RESENTMENT IS NOT GOOD FOR SUNNY DISPOSITION AND MAY LEAD YOU TO HEAR VOICES AND FEEL THE NEED TO OVERCOMPENSATE AND BE OVER AUTHORITIVE.
ITS OK TO MOVE ON, WE ALL ENJOYED OUR TIME AT ALLIGATOR. THE FLYING WAS GREAT, THE STAFF ARE GREAT, THE WORK ENVIRONMENT EVEN THOUGH SOMETIMES CHALLENGING WAS QUITE SATASFYING. IT MIGHT BE TIME NOW TO MOVE FURTHER A FIELD. IM SURE YOU HAVE MADE MANY CONTACTS FROM ALLIGATOR AND SLINGAIR IN YOUR TIME IN KNX THAT WOULD GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP YOU OUT TO GET THAT NEXT JOB AND RECOMMEND YOU FOR NOT ONLY YOUR FLYING ABILITY BUT YOUR AFFABLE PERSONALITY AND YOUR ABILITY TO REMOVE YOURSELF FROM OFFICE POLITICS

ANYWAY MONT IF YOU WOULD LIKE A CHAT OR REQUIRE ASSISTANCE OF ANY KIND YOU KNOW WHERE TO REACH ME:ok:
BLESS

Woomera
18th Apr 2006, 00:43
Crikey, that was loud:}

Keep it real, Dr. Shmoo, and don't sail too close to the wind:8

Woomera (Eastern States)

geeup
18th Apr 2006, 06:07
Well said drshmoo:ok:

When is CM going to wake up and fire Monty? The :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

18th Apr 2006, 14:35
CM must have been really pissed off about the amphib going over in the drink.

I guess CM pays for having pushed employees to work almost 7 days a week. I have heard of Alligator employees doing stupid little things wrong because they are fatigued. I guess all that work you do for free on top of the wage you earn isnt that great for the company in the long run. How much longer will CM realise that.

:E anyone get photos of the amphib in the water?:ok:

MAXX
18th Apr 2006, 23:42
If all this is really going on,what a sorry state alligator must be in.
when I was chief pilot there many years ago i would never have expected anyone to do anything dodgy.
Im sure any body that was working for craig around the late 90's and early in 00 would remember we tried to run a proffessional company,sounds like its really gone to the dogs.

cheers

MAXX

Gidday Lefty,hows Barrrrrrbra

bilbert
19th Apr 2006, 17:40
I've seen a picture of an upside down float in the water with a wheel showing in the down position, reportedly from this accident. Nothing on the ATSB website of any accident though. Was it reported?

Led Zep
20th Apr 2006, 11:34
It would have to have been.
I don't recall reading anything concerning the accident in the ATSB weekly summary; however it can take weeks for something to appear in there.

Pretzal
20th Apr 2006, 23:36
you did run a good show maxx - it was a great introduction for people with low flying experience to get themselves established.

Chimbu chuckles
21st Apr 2006, 00:08
I see AA is advertised for sale in the Aviation Trader...only 1 seaplane, was there two?

tinpis
21st Apr 2006, 00:42
Suit you Chuckles smack these norty pilots into shape and yer always have some slave on hand to polish the Bonanza :ok:

OpsNormal
21st Apr 2006, 00:59
Chuck. Yeah, there was two.... One on amphibs, one seasonally on floats for the dry/wheels for the wet.

Craig did have the opportunity to have a strong hand on the tiller, but didn't take the opportunity last year when it was offered.

sailing
21st Apr 2006, 06:10
one seasonally on floats for the dry/wheels for the wet.

That would explain it! :E

aircabbie
22nd Apr 2006, 05:32
the problem with AA is that the CP has trouble doing his job , because of BM im sure that some would agree that ops has 3/5 ths of F:mad: all to do with the hiring and firing of pilots nor the responsability that comes with the the CP's job. HOWEVER how do you as CP claim back the responsability when BM is up the owners son!!! :eek:

SM_YSSY
22nd Apr 2006, 08:26
Let's leave the owners son out of this... he's got nothing to do with what goes on in the company and he's actually a pretty good bloke!

SM

Led Zep
22nd Apr 2006, 10:56
You know, just over a year past a CFI with no relation to AA I know of, was talking up just how great AA was/is to me when I was having a chat with him in his office. Glad I'm not there, sounds like a coal mine.
Or were they genuinely good operation up until recent times?

ThoughtCrime
22nd Apr 2006, 12:03
Or were they genuinely good operation up until recent times?

I'm sure many will agree with me that 'the gator' is a great company to be in. Many good times will be fondly remembered at that place.

But its simply a matter of some people within the company that are running their own little show of politics/seniority/bastardisation/whatever that ruin it. I hope for those now concerned and for future generations (and the owners) that these "big fish in small pond" (such a good analogy, thanks lead_struggler) move on or get f:mad:ked off.

TC

disco_air
22nd Apr 2006, 12:09
One on amphibs, one seasonally on floats for the dry/wheels for the wet.

They havent put PQJ on wheels for a couple of seasons now. I heard it was a bit of a rocket on wheels!

Disco

Tiger 77
22nd Apr 2006, 12:48
Sorry Mr Disco guy (or lady), I don't understand...
206 = rocket ???????? Not possible.

Maybe you were thinking of the Buffalo or Super Guppy?

Cheers

Tiger.

Led Zep
22nd Apr 2006, 15:26
Sorry Mr Disco guy (or lady), I don't understand...
206 = rocket ???????? Not possible.

Maybe you were thinking of the Buffalo or Super Guppy?

Cheers

Tiger.

No, he was thinking of the C209. :}
Incidentally, I didn't realise there were any DHC-5s on the Aussie register. I'm looking to fly a D model in Ceylon shortly but to pass my endorsement questionnaire I need to know the both engines inoperative V speeds - you wouldn't happen to have a QRH on you to help me out? :E

Pass-A-Frozo
22nd Apr 2006, 15:41
So how much is he asking for the sale of AA?

Zhaadum
22nd Apr 2006, 17:41
What the hell is a C-209??? :confused:

disco_air
23rd Apr 2006, 02:22
What the hell is a C-209???

Well you see.... since a 207 is one up from a 206, go two steps further and you get a C209.

Standby for photograph...

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g223/Tiger_Guts/C209.jpg

Thanks Tiger!

...Disco

P.S I heard there was $5M on alligator, but offers have been for $2M

Taggert
23rd Apr 2006, 03:12
$5 MILLION EH, "Tell him he's Dreamin!"
:8

lead_struggler
23rd Apr 2006, 03:38
ThoughtCrime,

No worries mate, any time!

Disco,

Did you photoshop that pick or is there really such a thing? Imagine if you had to do an oombie store run in that mother on a summer day... *sound of stall warning screaming in the background* "meh just follow the river, you'll be clear of terrain"

As for the 5 million dollar question, why is it that every g.a. owner over values their company???

disco_air
23rd Apr 2006, 06:13
I cant take credit for that fine machine above, thats a creation of Tiger77's excessive time on his hands in knx :} (Which is different to my excessive time in portagutta) ;)

Look at the C209 thread in D&G for more details...

...Disco

Pass-A-Frozo
24th Apr 2006, 03:26
anyone had a look at the books? what's the turnover?

the wizard of auz
24th Apr 2006, 04:02
About ten pilots a year. :}

disco_air
24th Apr 2006, 04:09
Thats being a little conservative, wiz! :rolleyes:

..Disco

the wizard of auz
24th Apr 2006, 07:38
Ok, ten pilots and one plane a year then. :}

Continental-520
24th Apr 2006, 08:25
Ok, ten pilots and one plane a year then

Gold!

Led Zep
24th Apr 2006, 09:34
Ok, ten pilots and one plane a year then. :}
Brilliant wiz! :ok:
My keyboard is now covered in coffee. :}

hair of the dogma
24th Apr 2006, 10:07
They havent put PQJ on wheels for a couple of seasons now. I heard it was a bit of a rocket on wheels!
Disco

Of course it would be a rocket, it's got a seaplane prop on it.

Ya like that OCTA. Reminds me of an operator I used to know.

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
24th Apr 2006, 10:33
Sea Plane prop, are you on drugs.

hair of the dogma
24th Apr 2006, 10:41
Its alright LHRT, I once flew a 182 for a gentleman who took great pride in telling me that it went like the clappers because it had a seaplane prop on it. I am hope a few of the many people I told the story too see the post and get a chuckle.

There was someone on the "building time in van's" having a go at skydive operators if you missed it. Better go in and stick up for them. hahaha

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
24th Apr 2006, 11:00
HOD,

Its the same mob of NFI's, suggesting there is a lesser standard of Maintenance for Parachute Aircraft, double standards and the eventual ignorant suggestions that parachute operations are RPT, blah blah blah, so why bother, let them enjoy their "circle jerk", why aren't you there ?.

hair of the dogma
24th Apr 2006, 11:12
Take it easy I was only having a gentle dig LHRT, just cause it is anonymous doesnt mean you have to come out swinging. I've got my opinions you've got yours, and we have both seen a bit of the industry. So theres no need to get nasty.

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
24th Apr 2006, 11:26
HOD,

Don't think for a second this forum is anonymous, or that this is harmless fun, when posters here make an allegation about a operator, pilot or sector of industry, it brings generally unwarranted attention to this entity.

Example: some clown suggests bad things about Alligator ( read above ), do you think CASA in Darwin reads these posts ?, does CM deserve this attention, CM would not lower himself to respond to this tripe, add chinese whispers and personal agenda's, next thing you know CASA is knocking on CM's door ( sounds familiar doesn't it ).

the wizard of auz
24th Apr 2006, 11:34
Sure does........ thats why theres smiley faces on there. If people can't pick the differance between malicious gossip and a bit of friendly rib poking, they're idiots. I'm sure CASA have better things to do.
Thanks for the clown ref mate. I'm heart broken now.
Gotta go, I lost me red nose somewhere. :eek:

hair of the dogma
24th Apr 2006, 11:35
If I say something that is true and worthy of investigation and somebody investigates what is the problem. Not that anything I have said in this thread is worthy of investigating. I dont think CASA has time to investigate people deluding themselves ie seaplane props.

So dont address those comments to me unless I have done something wrong.

hair of the dogma
24th Apr 2006, 11:38
LHRT
If you want to talk maintence in parachute ind. by all means but I wont be posting here, when I tell my story it will be in Flight Safety.

Yeah I am a bit bitter but I am getting over it

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
24th Apr 2006, 12:08
Wiz,

I've got a spare red afro wig and an old pair of floppy clown shoes if you want them :).

the wizard of auz
24th Apr 2006, 12:29
Hell, Yes. I wannem. and I'm in the market for a funny lil car too. :} :E :}

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
24th Apr 2006, 22:30
Heard on the grape vine that the Wiggles are selling off their red car because jeff in a lazy bastard and hasn't made the repayments, you'll probably get it cheap:).

geeup
27th Apr 2006, 05:09
What do u reckon he asken for it?:}

tinpis
27th Apr 2006, 05:59
tin once flew a C185 in PNG that was fresh off rebuild.
It went like ****e off a chrome shovel.
When I asked why the man he said they had a seaplane prop onnit.
Is this a wind-up ? I been thinking all these years he was right
Maybe they just built one straight for a change :hmm:

geeup
27th Apr 2006, 06:28
Perhaps its coz floaties or ex-floaties usually run io-550:D
Or maybe its the prop:E

hair of the dogma
27th Apr 2006, 07:00
This bloke said it with a straight face. As far as I know theres no such thing, no need with CSU.

I didn't think it went particuarly well myself though.

185skywagon
27th Apr 2006, 23:01
tin once flew a C185 in PNG that was fresh off rebuild.
It went like ****e off a chrome shovel.
When I asked why the man he said they had a seaplane prop onnit.
Is this a wind-up ? I been thinking all these years he was right
Maybe they just built one straight for a change :hmm:
Well off subject, but the "seaplane prop" is usually a greater diameter.
land 185's generally have 80"-84" props. Float equipped 185's run around 88"(ear shattering at 2850 rpm) and C180's run up to 90" props.
I have had both 88" and 82" props on the same machine and same engine.
the 88" prop walks all over the 82" prop in every respect.

Northern Chique
28th Apr 2006, 16:14
I was one of those who walked happily in and out through the AA portals and have fond memories of working for Craig. LHRT certainly knew who to lighten things up mid season by getting artistic with a certain Mitsubishi sigma. Even Maxx could attest to that one.

I am fairly certain CM would have followed procedure in a circumstance such as a pilot turning over a sea plane. If there were pics of the unfortunate retireval, they no doubt are filed with those of the beaver being retrieved from the lake. The 206 on wheels did kick some butt! Dam thing was airborne shortly after the ASI needle moved off the stops! Floats slowed her down alot though.

*happily settles down with a bottle of margaret river Classic White with ice cubes, and fond memories of hanger parties. (that were banned due to the "great bottle top incident") Somehow one or two folks never seem to pay up their "carton" fines however no one ever seemed to go thirsty...*

drshmoo
29th Apr 2006, 02:02
The reason no one went thirsty was because Muir put on two cartons every friday night for the weeks hard work. Thats the only boss Ive had that put on beers every week. We worked hard but it was nice to be rewarded at the end of the week. PQJ on wheels was awesome. Continental IO 550 engine with the floaties lift kit wings, flew like sh!t off a shovel.:E

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
29th Apr 2006, 05:45
For Sale, Photos of Northern Chique's butt ( and many other AA pilots butts in the same photo ) on the wing of a Government Falcon in KNX, 1998 vintage.

Going cheap !!!!.

disco_air
29th Apr 2006, 05:51
When cleaning the pigpen one day I found a stack of photos from days of old. Disturbing indeed. :eek:

...Disco :}

Northern Chique
29th Apr 2006, 09:10
LHRT that wasnt my butt! I swear! I was over by the hanger laughing my a*%e off!! :}

But let me know what you get for the photo, I am sure there have to be royalties involved! :E

MAXX
29th Apr 2006, 23:55
FOR SALE,

one old photo of LHRT in fish nets standing next to a wooly jumper

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:E :E :E :E :E :E

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
30th Apr 2006, 06:53
I did have photo's of some clown in an Elvis outfit on the back step of a Queenair, the gay community purchased these with the negatives, apparently this man is to be the latest and greatest gay icon and will be featured ( in person - contractually obligated ) to attend the Sydney madi gras for the next ten years, enjoy !!!.

Northern Chique
30th Apr 2006, 09:22
Now, given I was the main photographer at said event, I have lots of photos that could be had for the right money! With the negatives. Funnily enough, the last few were a bit blury... to be expected after looootss of drinks :E