PDA

View Full Version : JPA LINK/WEB ADDRESS

tonkabloke
11th Apr 2006, 19:28
Hi all does anyone know the web address to use jpa at home, im fed up with waiting for 2 hours to get access to a pc only for it to freeze. many thanks:)

Now a 'J' Bloke!!
11th Apr 2006, 19:41
Hi Tonks;

Think it is www.waitforabloodylongtimecos theyaintsortedit.co.uk

Passwords apparently arrived secretly today deep in Wilts. Wonder if I will join the stampede(?) or wait a day or so!!!

More LAter;
'J' Bloke...:cool:

ZH875
11th Apr 2006, 19:43
Unfortunately, it is only the 'training' package that is available on the internet.

No point in doing the 'traiining' as much of it does not work correctly, come to think of it, neither does JPA.:confused:

Spit the Dog
11th Apr 2006, 20:02
Just back from the 'States' with a hand-full of receipts from:- Starbucks,McDonalds,Ruby Tuesdays,Outback Steakhouse,Uncle Toms Rib shack, and Dennys. Can somebody in Gods name please tell me how I am supposed to get my money back.?

tonkabloke
11th Apr 2006, 20:03
i can log in, see my homepage, try to put leave in and the page sits there stagnant for about 15 minutes before i have to give up and go back and do my day job, well one of them anyway!!!:mad:

dantura
11th Apr 2006, 20:50
Sorry if its been mentioned in a previous thread, but...
Have LSA (LSSA) days away been altered or decreased for some obscure reason on JPA that I have missed??
I and many other chaps appear to be missing 100's of days??
Any ideas or can I contact my 'HR' dept to rectify said situation?

D

tonkabloke
11th Apr 2006, 20:51
im missing at least a hundred days, and my re-engagement leave has vanished!!! what chance of seeing that again?

ZH875
11th Apr 2006, 20:52
LSSA and a few other things are screwed up in JPA, it even manages to subtract Bank Holidays from ANNUAL leave entitlement.

Perhaps it will all be sorted by Christmas.

Pontius Navigator
11th Apr 2006, 20:53
I read somewhere that it has been 'harmonised' and 'improved' to accord with green principles. As it doesn't concern me I stopped reading. It was in a letter or newsletter.

Ginseng
11th Apr 2006, 20:57
Yes, I'm afraid the system is still very slow a lot of the time at the moment. This is probably caused in part by the large amount of data-entry still going on, and is probably also in part due to the speed of your local network rather than JPA istself. There are still quite a few teething troubles with various JPA functions. On the other hand, the system passed its first big confidence test for me today, when CEA was paid (correctly!) and a payslip to that effect duly appeared under the Payslip function. The payslip also showed my qualifying days total for LSA, although I'm not yet convinced that the figure was correct. Of course the really big test comes with the April Pay Run, overnight 19th April. Payslips should be visible online from the 20th - it says here! Living in hope and trust.

Regards

Ginseng

dantura
11th Apr 2006, 20:59
Perhaps it will all be sorted by Christmas.

Wasn't there a quote something like that in WW1.....:{

D

FFP
11th Apr 2006, 21:00
Ditto the LSSA days. Anyone got an answer to this ?

tonkabloke
11th Apr 2006, 21:01
thanks for that, im sure like anything else there will be teething troubles but the more reliant we become on this technology the more there is to go wrong. i have to conduct all my documentation and engineering tasks on our it system, without it i cannot work. some might say thats ok but i have to make the time up at weekends and evenings if the jet isnt ready on time. so jpa is another inconvenience at the moment, but hey i will just have to get on with it in that true military/british determined way.:)

Ginseng
11th Apr 2006, 21:07
If you look at the Separated Service Totals function, the figure you see there is a rolling 3-year total of time away for harmony monitoring purposes. It is not, and apparently was not intended to be, your qualifiying total for LSA. Yes, I know the title is therefore misleading - don't shoot me, I didn't design the system! As I said above, it looks as though your LSA total will be produced on every payslip, and I believe your HR Admin staff can also access them.

Regards

Ginseng

dantura
11th Apr 2006, 21:10
Thanks Ginseng....

I knew you'd come to the rescue:ok:

D

Ginseng
11th Apr 2006, 21:38
Dantura,

My pleasure.

ZH875,

Unfortunately, and contrary to my expectation, the £250 million system is too dumb to know when the public holidays are! Your local administrators have to give you back the days of annual leave which the system will have subtracted. That saves a lot of work then! The same will apply to official stand-downs, days off in lieu etc, as there are no codes on the system for these either. The best short-term answer if you just need to cover the Easter weekend is to fill in a paper JPA leave pass and lodge it with your local admin to be resolved in due course. Don't be tempted just to ignore it; if you have not filled in a leave pass or enterred the holiday on JPA, you are AWOL (or is that AWOA - Absent Without Absence!).

Another snippet from the JPA Operational Bulletins. If using the function to claim an Advance of Allowances, you need to make an entry for every individual day, not just one for the whole period. If you see a message saying that the claim has exceeded an allowable limit, it does not mean that the claim has failed or been rejected, only that it has to await authorisation (because it is an Advance Payment).

Regards

Ginseng

FFP
13th Apr 2006, 09:55
Thanks Ginseng,

So ignore the numbers shown, you should be on the equivalent level or better than what you were on before ?

Also, does anyone know if under JPA the 10 days away before being paid LSSA is still the case ?

Duncano
13th Apr 2006, 10:20
Found this in a JPA newsletter.
Longer Seperated Service Allowance (LSSA) will be replaced by Longer Separation Allowance (LSA) with effect from 01 Apr 06. With effect from 01 Apr 06, the number of bands at which LSA is payable will increase to 14 and LSSA bonuses will be removed. All personnel short of the bonus threshold as at 31 Mar 06 will not receive a bonus; and across the JPA allowances package there will be no reserved rights to previous entitlements. The requirement to complete 10 days Qualifying separation (QS) for each period of claim has been retained.

The Initial Qualifying Period (IQP) has changed, whereby, in future, all personnel will be required to complete 100 days of Involuntary Separation (INVOLSEP) service after completion of Phase One training. Personnel currently serving will be automatically credited an additional 100 days IQP upon transfer from LSSA to LSA.
LSA On The Road (OTR) recipients will be restricted to LSA Level 1 for periods of OTR seperation.
Those serving Voluntarily Separated (VOLSEP) will be restricted to LSA Level 1 for the duration of their tour irrespective of how much INVOLSEP QS they may have accumulated previously and this separated service will not accumulate. This arrangement replaces the current MUSA entitlement and is paid at the same rate as LSA Level 1.

At this Scottish base there is as yet no access to JPA. We were promised passwords at the beginning of this week but have received nothing. Guess I will just drop the leave pass for last week in the bin!!