PDA

View Full Version : Parc Aviation SSTR (merged)

lharle
20th Aug 2005, 10:06
I have an interview with parc aviation coming up and I would like to have info about it.

Dark Jedi
23rd Aug 2005, 08:39
actually now that you have posted that question

if anyone has the list of shareholders, it would definitely be of interest

thx in advance

The Devils Reject
23rd Aug 2005, 17:04
whats your interview for ? then maybee we would know what info you need. Are you going to work in the office, or on aircraft, or are you flight crew - contract or permanent

lharle
25th Aug 2005, 11:58
I am going for a 737 Type rating.
I would appreciate any info about the interview.
Thank you in advance.

Pilot non flying
25th Aug 2005, 17:59
Interview is 2 days:
Day 1 starts with a couple of classroom tests (after introduction), consisting of a math test, pesonality questionaire, verbal reasoning. Afterward you either have in interview with an aviation psychologist or the simulator grading.
Day 2 if either the interview or the simulator.

The sim is done at Air-Lingus training center on a 737-200. They check your general handling and IR skills. I can't remember the exact details, but you will get a good pre-briefing. You will fly as crew with another trainee, and they will also be looking for your pnf skills.
We flew from MAN.

The interview you will be asked to tell you live story. The psych will ask you to get in some sort of relaxing dialog.

I can recommend Parc. I followed their course, and it is very professional. The training aids are very good, the instructors are the best!

When will you be doing the assessment? Good luck anyway!

Yours,
H

lharle
26th Aug 2005, 11:38
Thanks for your help, I have an interview the 29th and the 30th of september.
Are you fliing for an airline now???
Are there any technical questions during the interview?

Carter123
16th Sep 2005, 11:28
Hey Folks out there,
I just wanted to know if somebody did the 737 type rating course with Parc Aviation.
Do you have some information about that for me. How are the chances of getting an airline Job with them afterwords....

Hope somebody can help me!
Thank you in advance!

Carter123
17th Sep 2005, 01:57
Really nobody here who did it?
Or knows/heard something about it?

lobsterbisque
23rd Sep 2005, 09:21
sent off the application ages ago and nothing heard

Mr Blue Eyes
23rd Sep 2005, 09:47
its probably like all these TR questions, if you have £20,000 to blow, you don't need help! Why not try Parc!

TheFlyingDJ
23rd Sep 2005, 10:37
Or knows/heard something about it?

Sure we did, it's just the same as the other. Pay the cash and you get the rating. Own risk, no guarantees. I believe there is an assesment which obviously you have to pay for and which is (also obviously) non refundable.
Why you want the info on Parc?

Sprawler
23rd Sep 2005, 10:43
Just completed my MCC with them. Heard that most, if not all the lads on the last couple Type Rating courses have been placed with airlines by Parc.

Will964
6th Nov 2005, 11:12
Has anyone on here been through the Parc B737 SSTR? I have spoken to several who have been to the selection but didn’t make it onto the course. These people have provided some useful information regarding the selection process, but has anyone been through the course? Parc say they have placed everyone in employment, so are you all happily flying?

Wicked shimmy
24th Dec 2005, 10:37
I recently attended the Parc Aviation SSTR assessment in Dublin. The assessment is for the Boeing 737-3/4/500 type rating from which Parc say they have a 100% success rate of placing students with airlines. There is limited information regarding the number of courses they run a year and which airlines students are placed with. The cost for the assessment with Parc is £500, but you will need to spend two full days in Dublin. At the end of it you may, or may not be offered a place on the £18,500 TR course, but the selling point of the assessment is that even if you are not successful, you will receive feedback to help future assessments with airlines etc.

I searched high and low for information on this assessment prior to attending it and found very little, so I thought I would post my own experiences for those considering it. I do not comment on the implications of SSTRs, and I hope this post does not degenerate into the tired old SSTR debate.

I applied to Parc several months ago and I was contacted by them very shortly after filling out the application form. I paid up the £500 for the assessment and was given a date to fly to Dublin.

Several weeks after being given the assessment date by Parc, I was offered a job flying turboprops with a small European operator. I accepted the job of course. Having secured a job on turboprops I had no intention of paying for the Parc TR, but as I had paid for the assessment I thought I would attended it for my own information and hopefully learn more about my areas of weakness.

The assessment takes place at the Dublin Parc offices. On arrival at 0900 I was directed into a small room with 9 other candidates. There was no introduction or information given regarding the course and after a short wait it was in with the written tests. They consist of:

*40 min Verbal Reasoning test
*Un-timed Psychological test
*30 min Numerical Reasoning test

After the written tests are completed you are split into 2 groups. One group has their interview with the Psychologist and the other has the simulator assessment. I was to have the simulator assessment, but the sim slot wasn’t scheduled until 1900 and the written tests finish at 1200, so there was lots of time to kill. The assessment is conducted on a B737-200 sim and takes approximately 30 mins. Basic instrument flying skills are tested as well as PNF skills. The route is a SID out of Dublin, then RVs for ILS and it’s all flown raw data.

The following day I had my 30min interview with the Psychologist. Questions covered flying history, family, reason for wanting to do course etc.

Even though the assessment sounds quite substantial, it felt almost superficial. Except for the sim assessment, there seems little interest taken in candidates sitting the tests and getting information on the TR course was like getting blood from a stone. In addition to this I really think the assessment could easily be done in one day. I would say having it over two days has more to do with Parc saving money than anything else. Unfortunately it wasn’t a very positive experience and I learned very little from actually taking the tests, but I hoped the feedback would be revealing.

I received the feedback by mail about a week after doing the assessment. It consists of three pages.

The first page is an Assessment of Core Competencies which takes the result from all the written tests and compares yours to a set of norms. It really means nothing to anyone who doesn’t know how they have came to the adjusted scores. I couldn’t glean any useful information from this set of results. It seems the majority of competencies (almost all actually) are taken from the psychological test with the verbal reasoning and numerical tests counting for very little. There is no information provided regarding how well you did at the verbal or numerical tests. At the bottom is your overall score and the “minimum score required to be at airline standard”. As I said, I got no useful information from this page at all.

The second page is a written report from the psychologist. Mine was only several lines long and apart from some strange comments that contradict my working experience, it really said nothing at all. I was hoping for a lot more here.

The third page is the simulator assessment report. Most of which was taken up with flying details, licence number etc. At the bottom of the page was a two line comment from the assessing pilot and a score out of 10.

And that’s it! No letter, No thanks but no thanks and no guidance on what any of it means. It was all a bit disappointing and you are left wondering if you have been taken for a ride. Anyone thinking, as I was, that the feedback would reveal areas to improve on, think again.

Anyway, that was my experience with Parc. It may differ from other peoples, but I hope it gives anyone thinking of doing it a better idea of what to expect.

Number Cruncher
24th Dec 2005, 12:40
Did they recommend you for the scheme then?

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and congrats with your TP job. Your experience of Parc sounds quite disappointing and not in line with a lot of the comments i hear about their MCC course - which i was seriously considering until i read this!

Be interesting to hear other peoples experience of Parc.

ricky-godf
24th Dec 2005, 13:41
Many thanks for the information provided.

Number Cruncher, I did my MCC with them in November and I would highly reccomend them for their professionalism and competence.
All the other guys I know who attended the MCC with them were seriously satisfied.
I have no experience with the B737 SSTR scheme.

Regards

Wicked shimmy
24th Dec 2005, 14:02
It was interesting that no where on the correspondence did it say if I had been offered a place or not. The give away that I hadn’t was my score on the psychometric testing was 52, and the score required to be of “Airline Standard” was 60. It was so vague I actually had to contact Parc to double check I hadn’t got a place.

I wouldn’t let my post put you off doing the MCC with Parc as by all accounts it’s quite good. In fact, half the people doing the assessment had done their MCC through Parc and were very positive about it.

flash8
25th Dec 2005, 12:11
psychometric stuff is b*llsh*t anyhow. Nowadays its the size of your wallet that counts. Sad but true,

european champion
25th Dec 2005, 17:35
Ricky god how much costs the type rating and how long it takes?do they give u any feedback for employment opportunities after u finish the course?

johnjetcaptain
29th Dec 2005, 14:34
Hello All,

I sat the assessment tests - paid 800E, did verbal and numerical tests, untimed 183 question psychological questionaire, and psychological interview.

They claim they have a 100% employment record. Given that they have a selection about 5 per year and that they 'accept' 2 or 4 each time makes life nice and easy for PARC as they have only 2 or 4 candidate to find jobs for. And this is the problem.. They are under no obligation what-so-ever to find you work, and although they have contacts within the industry, one they're done with you, you find yourself in a position to find work yourself just as much as PARC finding you work - even with 30,000E spent. I don't want to get into the dabate on sponsoring yourself as that a matter of personal opinion so lets get to the selection process....

It is exactly as the person who started this thread described!
40 minute verbal which is the "Watson and Glazer" test. Inference, interpretation, etc. English is my first language and its not easy. The numerical reasoning is very straight forward - just need to be fast. Its the mathematics one would have done by the age of 13 or 14 in school!!!!!!!!!! 30 minutes test.
You cant pass or fail the psychological interview or personality quesioaire - its just you describing your opinion in the quesionaire and talking about your life and flying in the interview etc.

Simcheck is: Take off and departure brief (BE CONFIDENT AND SURE OF YOURSELF!! No "am" "uh" "eh" - be very sure what your brief is. Liffy2A SID and once you pass the DUB VOR its time for airwork. This could be anything - accellerating level, climbs, climb & turn, descent or descent and turn, steep turns. Asked what your QDM/QDR is? Scan is CRITICAL and THE VSI is my opinion is ULTRA important. Then Radar vectors to a go around or to a landing and then airborne again/doing the G/A to do another vectored ILS.
No hold entry asked, but - the key is - Any Aspect Of Your IR FLYING Can Be Asked!!!

I got feeback 5 days later....PARC use this as one of their selling points of the course/selection procedure but, WHAT A JOKE. THEIR FEEDBACK IS USELESS!!!!!!!!

Like the person who started this thread - this so called "feedback" is no good to anyone. No where in my life have i seen a report on a persons performance which was so false, unsupported, with no backing to support the given feedback. In my education and working life for example, team-work has been the back-bone of success, winning business and making ideas work. I have worked in many pressure multi crew roles - yet this "psychologist" will report back to you in the feedback that you only get pityful results from their "assessment" of your teamwork capabilities. which is one of the "core competencies"...Its bull****.
How can a person deduce, from a maths test, a verbal test and personality questionaire and interview about your family and training say to you that you have mediocre ability to "Plan ahead to avoid problems" its just not cunducive to anthing constructive and there no excuse for the feedback". You get no results from the numerical and verbal tests. The only meaningful result you get is from the sim-check, which is funny because he tells you at the time of the sim-check in his own words.

Its interesting to note that they ask you in the interview if you have applied to the CTC scheme, or any other airlines, and if you have been accepted for another selection by another airline. I indeed have been, and the person who started this thread stated they are working in a TurboProp job. Interestingly neiter of us was accepted.

In a nutshell, if you've been accepted by another airline, have a chance to work for another airline such as upcoming sim-check / interview, they will reject you. It seems that its so hard for "low-time" new pilots to get a start with their first job, PARC is a way in for those who cant get anywhere with their efforts. So whats the answer - dont tell them anything about any other prospect you have. The feedback is no good at all.

If you really want a place on the course:
1.... Dont tell the psychological interviewer that you have any other job opportunity.

2.... Myself and other applicants were advised by employees of PARC that the risk is too high. I could not believe this when i heard this!!!

3.....Ask PARC for e-mail addresses of as many past candidates. Interestingly they will only give you addresses of successful candidates, and none of unsuccessful candidates. Ask for addresses of unsuccessful candidates also and see if they can support any of my comments.

4.... Be very aware of the risk factor with SSTR whatever your opinion of them (Self Sponsored Type Rating Schemes) that have NO JOB GUARANTEE!!!

MAY 2006 BE A FRUITFUL YEAR FOR US ALL!

Wicked shimmy
29th Dec 2005, 16:29
Interesting, I too scored low in the area of team work. I really struggled to see where this came from as there was no group activity and written tests cannot possibly give an indication of an individual’s ability to work effectively in a team. It was made doubly odd as, for the last 4 years, I have worked in an industry where excellent team work is essential and I have actually won awards for it! So go figure!

Turkish777
31st Dec 2005, 11:20
This whole scheme/scam just seems to be a numbers game in turning over as many £500's as possible...in....out....in...out..

Out of interest could you give a few examples of questions asked on a psychometric test please?

Utrinque
1st Jan 2006, 09:04
Hello All,

I was one of the first guys through the PARC scheme - finished my CPL/IR then did my MCC with them and straight onto the selection for type rating. The selection process that has been described sounds like it has not changed since I did it. I agree that the feedback is largely irrelavant. As mentionned earlier they take about 2/3 or 4 from each assessment.

When the programme started candidates were guaranteed a job on successful completion of the type rating. This made parting with the cash a lot easier. There are no guarantees now though.

The boys that got through all got jobs flying 733. However some found jobs in the time it took PARC to find the rest of us a job.

My experience of PARC was a very good one, there are of course people that will disagree with me. I could not fly a cessna 2.5 years ago and now I finally have the dream job flying a jet - with the hours I had this would simply not have been possible at the time I finished training without PARC.

Best of luck to all and have a great New Year.

Dirty Harry 76
1st Jan 2006, 14:42
There where some guys/gals typed earlier this year by Parc destined for Air Asia then the contract fell through?

Any of you still out there looking? Did you ever find jobs/the AA contract came good in the end?

Utrinque
1st Jan 2006, 23:07
AA contract came good - some went to Portugal. A lot of us are back flying from AA and now flying for Ryan or BMI.

superconstellation
9th Jan 2006, 08:59
Hello, do you know where can i find online the watson and glazer verbal reasoning test?? (free if possible ;) thank you¡¡

superconstellation
10th Jan 2006, 09:00
hello, I would like to try or the parc aviation SSTR 737 or the CTC ATP scheme, what do you recommend me? I know the selection process is very difficult in both places but, where is easier to find a job after finishing?
I would like to know personal experiences on parc or CTC. Thank you

CAT3C AUTOLAND
10th Jan 2006, 09:08
SC,

I must admit I do not have any first hand experience with Parc, however, I would give CTC a shot first, simply because you will not have to part with the money for the cost of the type rating. If you are successful with CTC, you will be required to fund the AQC, which I think is in the ball park of six grand.

I am not sure on the current situation, but when I was at CTC last year, candidates were being lined up for ThomsonFly as soon as they had finished the AQC. Te general concensus was positive were respect to employment.

All the best with it.

superconstellation
10th Jan 2006, 14:20
Thank you for your help, I think i will try CTC first, the problem is that i have heard that doing the course with CTC takes a lot of time instead that parc that is almost straight forward since you pass the initial exams.

ali1
10th Jan 2006, 17:06
Hi there,

Just finished a type rating at CTC, good outfit.

More to the point I'm pretty sure you'll get employment with a good british airline.

I've heard alot of guys who go through parc end up in turkey and asia etc (not that theres anyting wrong if thats what you want)

Also, like someone else said you will only pay for the AQC course rather than a full rating.

Some of my colleagues did a rating at parc and they didnt get alot of change out 25000 plus hotels and food etc

Ali1

Telstar
10th Jan 2006, 17:13
There was a very informative thread on the Parc scheme a few weeks ago on this very forum. The search function is not working, but I will try and find it.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203563

ricky-godf
11th Jan 2006, 11:32
I would be interested in the Watson & Glaser test as well.
Thanks to anyone that could help us.
Cheers

deltic
11th Jan 2006, 11:52
Ask the 'aviation psychologist' if she is qualified to make such judgements and can her results be validated? She is full of b**s***

deltic
11th Jan 2006, 11:52
Ask the 'aviation psychologist' if she is qualified to make such judgements and can her results be validated? She is full of b**s***

freccia_24
27th Mar 2006, 19:50
Hi,i was considering to follow the self sponsored type rating scheme with parc aviation.does anyone know if they are a good TRTO??

Clipperpan
27th Mar 2006, 20:15
Don't know nothing about the training with Parc Aviation, but I'm sure they are a good TRTO and...
...they are in touch with lots of airline, that's mean lots of opportunity to find a job after your TR.

Good luck! ;)

Aerofoil
28th Mar 2006, 04:31
Hi all

I was also wondering if anyone has been on the Parc or Bond Aviation type rating scheme?
Ifso please could you PM me or leave a message on here so i can PM you with a few questions.

Many Thanks

Foil

SBAB
28th Mar 2006, 05:22
Hi All,
I am interested in the same information. If anyone could advise, many thanks

best regards

sbab

no sponsor
28th Mar 2006, 12:55
I've found dealing with Parc spectacularly bad. The lady who gives her name in the adverts on this very site is bad at following requests up. I applied some time ago in December, but have heard nothing since. I guess they must have too much demand.

Bond seem to be quite responsive. I passed their SIM assessment, and they seem reasonably forthcoming.

The only issue is hours. A TR on its own is useless and 100hrs on type is not enough. All adverts for jobs indicate 500hrs.

stanlystansted
11th Apr 2006, 11:22
Currently considering doing a 737 type rating with Parc aviation, who claim to have placed all of their students so far. Has anyone had any experience with them? Anyone done the TR and has not been placed? Anyone got a job as a result? All advice greatly appreciated. :O

Xelcia
14th Apr 2006, 16:36
Just read the thread above about Parc. I am undergoing the assessment the 20/21st of April. It seems Parc has a lot of issues to deal with by the looks of all the negative feedback. I have also heard a lot of unsatisfied but also satisfied stories.

Does anyone know where most of the succesful candidates are placed and within what time-frame?

I am still in a position to decline if nescessary, however I am keen on getting the first jet job. Anyhow, thanx for all the usefull posts, should help me through the assessment ;)
Greets Xelcia

stanlystansted
14th Apr 2006, 19:04
Hi Xelcia,

Looks like we'll be meeting in the assessment next week. Like you I am still undecided about whether to take the course, but must get that first job soon... Regards,

stanlystansted::confused:

Xelcia
17th Apr 2006, 08:23
;) Cheers stanlystansted,

good luck with ur prep. C u next week!

-Xelcia

indiamikecharles
17th Apr 2006, 17:43
I did MCC with parc last year thought the course was great, instructors were excellent! I signed up for MCC understanding that 15 of 16 previous MCC students were very soon after employed. I still ask the question "did those 15 students also buy a TR?" probably! The lady at parc has a sales job, she knows what we want to hear, to put the icing on the cake she has a lovely voice combined with Irish charm!
I have just been to bond for TR and await 100 hours line time, also excellent instruction, hard no sales here. good luck all:)

The Flying Bok
17th Apr 2006, 19:54
Hi Xelcia and Stanleystanstead,

I have also booked onto the same assessment, at short notice. It sounds like you may still be a little unsure as to whether or not you will make it to the assessment. If you are going it would be good to hear from you beforehand; if so drop me a line.

See ya.:ok:

planeshipcar
18th Apr 2006, 03:55
indiamikecharles check your PM

stanlystansted
18th Apr 2006, 09:39
Hey FlyingBok,

I'll be there for sure. Stanlystansted:D

Xelcia
21st Apr 2006, 17:26
Hey all,

I have recently (20/21 April) gone through the Parc selection for their Type Rating. No notice of the outcome since I am still at Dublin, finished 3 hours ago. I would like to note some things described earlier in this thread. The description is accurate with about what to expect, in addition there was also an interview with the Training Director, which is a good oppertunity to ask about the TR course. Just for indications, all people who have gone through the TR course have obtained jobs (I repeat, all candidates who have PASSED the TR course) within a period of 7 months, this is the most extreme example. There are a lot of job oppertunities with Parc Aviation through their course, but they do not guarantee! However it will be unlikely there will be students without jobs after this course.

Commenting on previous remarks regarding the aptitude tests, the numerical was hard, all I can say, know your algebra, the verbal reasoning was very reasonable. The same type of tests are used as described earlier.

The sim check included a SID, steep turns, RV ILS & Landing flown on Raw Data.

Overall impression left by Parc is a well organised company who know who will and will not be succesful for not only their course, but also securing a job in the future. If you are unsure, give them an e-mail, it is honest advise. Overall I say they are definetly worth considdering if you are thinking about a Self Funded Type Rating course. Remaining on that topic, there will also be a A321 course in the near future.

Well, that's all for now, will post more once the feedback and results are in.

Greets, Xelcia

Dotty Daisy
2nd May 2006, 10:59
Have read this thread with interest. Seriously considering applying to Parc to do a type rating. Can anyone tell me having gone through Parc how long it took to find a job, with which airlines and how do you rate Parc?

Utrinque
3rd May 2006, 02:10
Check your PMs Dotty.

Dotty Daisy
3rd May 2006, 09:56
Check your PM's Utrinque

Xelcia
4th May 2006, 13:08
Hello Peeps,

in addition to my previous post in which I would state the outcome of my selection I am pleased to say I passed the assessment and will be starting the course the 18th of May. The duration is 18th of May till 27th of June 2006. For now now other news, except that there is actually reasonable weather in the South of the UK.....major Headline..

anyhow, that's all for now,

will keep posting,

Greets, Xelcia

Shinty
31st May 2006, 12:41
I'm going to PARC in dublin for an aptitude test.Would anyone have any information on these tests? Know(have) where I could get samples from.

Thanks in advance,
Shinty

Global Pilot
1st Jun 2006, 09:57
I did a test there a few years back so this may not be very current. However, these tests are expensive for companies to buy in so it may still be the one they favour.

Apptitude test in three sections:
1.Personality questionaire (187 questions). Nothing much you can do to prepare for this one except be yourself and avoid middle of the road answers. There were a couple of questions thrown in here aswell like cat is to fur as dog is to hair etc...
2.Apptitude test proper: First part was 40 maths type questions. Basic maths with quite a few questions on algebra (time to relearn Xs and Ys and long division etc.) Not a very hard test if you are up to speed and 40 questions are easily done in 20mins.
3.Watson-Glasser Critical Thinking Apprasial. A real pain in the ass of a test. Have a look at the link below an see if you can buy a copy of the test or get examples. Hard work this one. The test covers these five areas: Drawing Inferences,Recognising Assumptions,Argument Evaluation,Deductive Reasoning and Logical Interpretation. http://www.harcourt-uk.com/resources/title.cfm?id=844

Have some info on sim checks if required.

best of luck,
rgds,
GP.

Dmax
1st Jul 2006, 11:15
Hi guys,

just a simple question:

It's true or not that Parc Aviation find a job to 100% of their type rated pilots?

Please answer only if you know something realistic or if you had experience about that.

Thanks
Davide

Forward Slip
3rd Jul 2006, 08:21
Nobody can ever guarantee 100% sucess/placement rates
I think what Parc say is that they have to date placed all of the people who have sucessfully completed theit TR course.
You still pay your money and take your chance, although with Parc I know that you are in pretty good hands.
Forward Slip:D

ash320
16th Jul 2006, 23:27
Can anybody tell me something about the Parc Aviation assessments? I am planning to do them in the future, they told me it was a 737-200 sim ride, aptitude test and a psychological test. I would really appreciate it if somebody has some information about it, especially on the aptitude test. tnx:ok:

jumbo-clingfilm
17th Jul 2006, 09:25
They do the Watson-Glazer (Glaser??) tests.

Lots of maths and verbal reasoning stuff.

PAPI-74
17th Jul 2006, 15:47
I completed an MCC on the 737-200 last month. They told me the same that everyone has been places. This came from the pilots more that sales. I am, however, disappionted with the lack of communication ie. not returning e-mails. They seem to be the sort of company who are not interested unless you are about to pay them money. It is a huge gamble without a job or line experience, but what choice do we have if no one sticks together and refuses to pay for the TR. Ryanair have stopped recruiting low hrs pilots (so I hear) as they don't have the Training Capt's. to process them all. Everyone else wants 500hrs Mulit Crew, so who are they being placed with?

PAPI-74
19th Jul 2006, 17:54
So I hear. I do know someone on a 737 TR now. I will keep in contact to see how things develop...I hope everything is ok.

Jannik23
24th Jul 2006, 09:58
Hello

Thinking og applying to the PARC SSTR and would like to know if anybody knows what kind of tests they use. a link to tests online or to a program so I can see exactly what Im up against as I have never taken a test with an airline before?

Jannik

captbass
21st Aug 2006, 16:24
Hi there, has anyone any udpate/recent info on the psych. feedback from Parc on the TR assessments?

ramon76
1st Nov 2006, 14:53
I have been invited to a Parc assesment for a SSTR.
Anyone with knowledge, pease, give me any info about it, and PM me if you want!! thank you in advance! good luck to every wanabee!

straightin
22nd Nov 2006, 22:59
Hi Folks,

I just read all the posts in this thread. Seem useful.

Nevertheless, it seems there is a deep difference between the opinions of MCC students and TR candidates. We should separate the two targets.

Furthermore, there are a lot of persons stating that PARC worries to find a job to their students, but until today in the entire thread there is NO ONE direct and personal witness of this.

Now regarding the new A320 TR:

I am presently evaluating where to do my TR. I recently read on nearly every specialised magazine that PARC started a new A320 TR at the promotional and attractive price of £18,000 (approx 26,500 Euros). This is written also in the issues of December that you can buy today. As an example, check "Today's Pilot" Issue Dec. 2006, page 8.

I emailed PARC to ask how to join the next assessment, and they wrote to me that the assessment was 800 Euros, and in addition to this the price of the Course has been raised up to approx £19,400 (28,500 Euros). This means approx £1,900 (2,800 Euros) more than they advertise. Not bad, as a start.

I answered them asking why they are continuing to advertise the course at £18,000 and...imagine? NO ANSWER!

Now I am no more so keen. Before deciding, I will check Bond and CTC as well.

There is anybody able to provide suggestions/news?

Sorry for my bad English.

Cheers

kaine
6th Dec 2006, 14:15
Hi,
Can anyone out there comment on the Parc Aviation A320 TR. I am due to undertake the assessments and if successful would be handing over large amounts of cash to them. I would like to hear any comment good or bad from anyone who has undertaken the training. What did you think of the course? Did they find you employment? How were the initial assessments? Feel free to private message me - any comments would be gratefully received.
Additionally any comments on the B737 course would also be very welcome.
Cheers,
Kaine

Strong, silent type
12th Dec 2006, 23:30
Best of luck to all who are looking for jobs out there. Keep your spirits up and don't give up, you won't regret it.

Enough of the back slapping; be cautious of what companies offer and of what use it is. A type rating is obviously a good thing to get but have you considered what use it is if you have no experience? I know that just because you have a type rating doesn't mean you'll end up using it; be warned. That's a lot of dough to shell out just so you can get one foot up on the ladder, remembering that a 250 guy with an A320 or B737 rating is still just a 250 guy. Businesses are in business to make money, nothing else. Remember that's YOUR money and once it's handed over, it's gone, so make sure you get good value. Consider what use a Psyc interview is just to get a type rating, bearing in mind that if you get an interview with a company, they might have one set up in the later stages. What use is it? You have a frozen ATPL (at least) don't you? Doesn't that mean that you have your head screwed on right for the most part at least when it comes to learing the in's and out's of how to fly an aircraft? It's not like you're joining a company(!) so why jump through all those hoops? I can see the merit in doing a little technical examination before statring a course, but why pay for it? You're about to fork our almost £20000 of (here we go again!) YOUR money; shouldn't they provide a provision for you to show your capability with, say, a CD-ROM and a questionaire? What would that cost? Not 800 Euro, that's for sure.

I'm so happy for all of you out there at the start of the journey who have so much to look forward to. I wish all of you the very best. If I have gotten ONE point across to you reading this, pondering, I would want it to be this: Shop around, ask what guarantees of interviews are on offer (if you're any good, all you need is to get your 'foot in the door'), ask how many folk have attained full time contracts with companies (not this 6 month crap), are the only jobs on offer in the middle of no-where? (Quality of life will soon become apparent!), talk to past candidates (if they swear by the course, they'll be only too happy to have their details shared, so ask for them)-GET YOUR MONEY'S WORTH, DON'T LET ANYONE BEND YOU OVER, BE BULLISH, THERE ARE JOBS OUT THERE, LOTS OF THEM, GO GET THEM, SOME PEOPLE WILL SAY MASS TO GET YOUR CASH -- BE SMART.

See you up there!
Good luck

boogie-nicey
15th Dec 2006, 14:54
I agree that 800Euros is far too high for an assessment for the privilege of paying a massive amount towards a course. Crazy, it's just pencil and paper stuff with a few a Computer based things (I'm guessing I've never attended) but nevertheless regardless of the format it's not value for money.

Buying a house costing far more than this occurs legal and administrative costs when considering purchases in the £100s of thousands. This and no doubt other agencies are turning it into from a business into a jack the lad game.

There's always an alternative if you look hard enough.

steeve
22nd Mar 2007, 13:41
was thinking starting an A320/B737 SSTR with Parc… I have a question for those who get the type there or those who simply know something about that school…
Who has get a job?
I just received an e-mail from them, they said they not guarantee a job at the end of the course, however, they placed about 80-90% of their type rated student (on both 320 and 737). It sound too nice to be true! Anyone knows something?
Thank you very much for any info

chiplight2005
9th Apr 2007, 18:28
Can anyone tell me the name of the lady to contact at Parc Aviation? Thanks

Flying Lion
10th Apr 2007, 08:09
Georgina Keough 00353-1-816-1754 is her direct no.

boogie-nicey
10th Apr 2007, 09:07
Contacted Parc twice over the last couple of months and left my name and number yet they never returned the call.

chlong
22nd Apr 2007, 18:03
has anyone gone to parc for this type rating . if so how did you find it and did you get employment afterwords by yourself or with help from them. any replies appreciated.:D

Viscount999
27th Apr 2007, 20:31
I'm a new poster on here and I am looking for some up to date information about PARC Aviation.

PARC offer 737 and A320 Type Rating courses at a cost of €28,500 .

There is a 2 day assessment at a cost of €800 including sim check.

Has anybody done the assessment recently ? and could they describe their experiences .

Whats the Type Rating training like, the quality of the CBT etc.

PARC state that they place the majority of the Type Rated students how accurate is this statement ? and where are you likely to be placed ?

Viscount999

chlong
28th Apr 2007, 11:15
all sales patter, give me your money and after that i dont want to know you. 800 euros!!!! for them to tell you yes we will now take that 28500 off of you, is criminally insane. if you want their type rating tell them to stick their assesment. amazing this question has been asked so many times before and yet not one reply. rock on the RIP OFF REPUBLIC.