PDA

View Full Version : Cendant Relocation?

Inverted81
11th Apr 2006, 08:05
Hi all...
HAs anyone used the company to relocate themselves from a rental contract? It looks like i may be using their services shortly, but currently i have no access to the NATS intranet to understand what i can expect to receive from them with regard to ending rental contracts etc and starting up a new one....

Lookatthesky
11th Apr 2006, 09:53
If you're at TC, don't expect the same terms and conditions as our Swanwick/Kemble St colleagues :mad:

A 55-59 minute commute is now deemed acceptable :mad:

arthur j negus esq
11th Apr 2006, 11:21
Inverted81- check your PMs

Me Me Me Me
13th Apr 2006, 13:20
I believe they're in the process of setting up a link out of the Intranet to the Internet in order to allow external access to exactly that sort of information.

Not sure how imminent.

Inverted81
13th Apr 2006, 13:37
Yeah i believe there is something. Hopefully things will be getting sorted with me in due course.... how are people finding the company once people finally get into the system of relocating? are payments usually given before or is it done on a reimbursement process??

TATC
13th Apr 2006, 17:21
Yeah i believe there is something. Hopefully things will be getting sorted with me in due course.... how are people finding the company once people finally get into the system of relocating? are payments usually given before or is it done on a reimbursement process??

when i was relocated from a rented property to another rented property I didnt get involved with cendant - I just got the tansfer grant and other costs reimbursed direct from employee payments.

Inverted81
13th Apr 2006, 18:10
when i was relocated from a rented property to another rented property I didnt get involved with cendant - I just got the tansfer grant and other costs reimbursed direct from employee payments.

transfer grant??? i dont want to appear naive, but i've never heard of it. i was wondering if there was an easier way of doing things as it seems to be dragging on, when really i need to move and get working. do i ask my new unit about the grant?

TATC
14th Apr 2006, 06:13
transfer grant??? i dont want to appear naive, but i've never heard of it. i was wondering if there was an easier way of doing things as it seems to be dragging on, when really i need to move and get working. do i ask my new unit about the grant?

I was given an HR coordinator when i moved. At first I was put into contact with cendant but when they realised that I was only renting they said that they couldnt do much for me. My advise would be to dig out all the sections of the employee handbook and print them off - from the intranet.

the transfer grant is for moving rented to rented, and the value depends on whether the property moving from and to is furnished or unfurnished. It is designed to cover the cost of fixtures and fittings left at the old property and replaced at the new property, and is unreceipted. There is some parts of the employee handbook talking about moving to a higher priced rental area and getting some help with the increased rent.

If I were you I would contact someone at HR and get them to talk them through everything. You can claim hotel bills, flights to and from the area you are looking at, or petrol to and from the area and petrol money at running cost for mileage going round looking at houses.

As I said earlier Cendant didnt want a bar of me when they found out that I didnt own my property, and all my claims were made direct to NATS and a relocation Expense claim form.

Inverted81
14th Apr 2006, 06:19
Fantastic...
unfortunately as i'm "between units" at the mo i have no access to the intranet, hence why i'm a little in the dark. I believe this may be the way to go, it seems a lot easier than having to go through all this hassle. I do believe however, the company have wiped their hands clean of any form of relocation in house, especially with the difficulties the TC - Swanwick move appears to be creating. The Guys i've spoken to at HR have been very helpfull, however i think their hands are tied by management as to what they can do now....

Thanks for the heads up tho TATC.

Me Me Me Me
14th Apr 2006, 09:25
All relocation activity goes through Cendant, HR and the relocation payments dept in Edinburgh. A call to Edinburgh with a list of questions would sort you out I'm sure.

Hold Short
14th Apr 2006, 13:26
I went through the same process as TATC, renting one place to renting another. The only difference I can see is that I had to claim everything through cendant. To be honest, my case was really frustrating, the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing and my 'account' was eventually settled after 3 months of phone calls, emails, letters etc.

Best of luck!

Lookatthesky
15th Apr 2006, 09:48
Fantastic...
unfortunately as i'm "between units" at the mo i have no access to the intranet, hence why i'm a little in the dark. I believe this may be the way to go, it seems a lot easier than having to go through all this hassle. I do believe however, the company have wiped their hands clean of any form of relocation in house, especially with the difficulties the TC - Swanwick move appears to be creating. The Guys i've spoken to at HR have been very helpfull, however i think their hands are tied by management as to what they can do now....
Thanks for the heads up tho TATC.

How can you be 'between units?'

Inverted81
19th Apr 2006, 20:57
How can you be 'between units?'

been released... cannot move to new without help from cendant/hr

Lookatthesky
20th Apr 2006, 09:45
been released... cannot move to new without help from cendant/hr

As in, a requested change of unit??

Inverted81
20th Apr 2006, 10:15