PDA

View Full Version : KA/CX recrutment BAN?

Fred Astaire
11th Apr 2006, 03:47
What’s up with the recruitment ban on KA (ifalpa.org) as far as I can see the Ban is for any and all recruiting at KA and not limited to the 400’s.

Is this the case?
Will it have as much influence as the CX ban of a few years ago? i.e. NONE

And do the guys that took up the job offer with CX during the ban have the right to complain about the DE FO rumours?

CAPT146
11th Apr 2006, 04:57
The Ban is soley for the 747-400 DE only. No restrictions for KA Pax Airbus fleet or even the 747 Classic MAN Base.

It should have a very good infleuence as we are only talking about qualified/experienced people here. Not, as in the CX case, people looking to get out of GA into an Airline (for example ) as a 2nd officer. These people were being asked to give up their dream job for a group of people they didn't even know.

Anyone qualified for the DE KA 747-400 ad, will look at whats being offerd and together with the ban/industrial action and just move on to the next job ad. ( If they have half a brain:\ )

Team America
11th Apr 2006, 05:38
By the time the DEFO's start rolling up, 80% the S/O's who joined during the ban will have been upgraded.
And yes I think they (the S/O's) and most of the people in CX will complain about the DEFO's if it is on 'C' scale package or a 'D' scale or any scale that is lower than what is on offer now for pax fleet F/O's.

Yeager
11th Apr 2006, 13:24
And dudes (eg. S/O's) who joined CX, but NOT from a GA outfit, might consider walking down a different street - should the DEFO pax proposal come through. At the end of the day CX is nothing but just another Airline - and there are other airlines out there. :ok:

Happy flying where ever that might be.
Y

AnQrKa
11th Apr 2006, 13:53
Word on the street from a KA manager is that they will be launching another AOC to crew the 744 so the employment ban will be null and void anyway.

Fly747
11th Apr 2006, 16:11
If they are thinking of that then the writ the DPA have issued re breach of contract is working. I'm not so sure that the CAD will want them to have another AOC however. This will get interesting.

Avius
2nd May 2006, 03:28
I apologize for my ignorance, but can anyone tell me what this recruitment ban is all about. Why recruitment ban? I'm considering to apply (3500+ hrs B747-400).

Thanks

Fly747
2nd May 2006, 12:03
Avius, try this link to the Dragonair Pilot's association web site which should help to answer your question. As has been stated elsewhere you are very welcome if you join Dragonair, just not on the -400.
http://www.dpa.hk/docs/Dear%20Prospective%20Dragonair%20Pilots.pdf

Avius
2nd May 2006, 12:56
Fly747

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Looks like there is quite a battlezone, which I don't want to be a part of. Good luck.

Al E. Vator
3rd May 2006, 23:50
Cut and pasted from another thread but very relevant here:

Dragonair has sacked/demoted two pilots. It seems probable that it may lose a looming court case for the 747-400 freighter (where management are obliged to discuss non-HK bases with the pilot union) and is using the threat of then setting up a separate AOC to bypass such a decision. It appears the management line is the pilot union is acting alone as a 'wildcat', when really it is just reflecting the concerns of all it's members. In short, a provocative management style has resulted in a pressure-cooker environment. Real/potential departures of many individual pilots have happenned and are about to increase markedly.

Given the following, wouldn't it be a very silly airline management that p1ssed their aircrew off too much:

Emirates by many accounts about to meltdown. Not enough pilots (recruiting is only replacing those who leave). Pilots at max hours and leave cancelled etc. Currently not increasing pay and conditions but watch this space. 1 aircraft per minute for the next 100 years or whatever they are getting. I believe there were not enough 'traditional' Euro-type pilots so they turned to India & Philippines, but...

India Already melting down. Not enough pilots. Something like 4000 qualified captains needed in the next 2 years? Check out the ever-improving contracts there.

Philippines Major problems, so many pilots leaving that they are having trouble manning flights. Not enough pilots.

Japan Some of the better paying pilot positions (for the present, will only get better) but even then, major problems creeping up. Something like 40% of the ANA and JAL pilot group must leave due age over the next 3 years. There just aren't the replacements. Not enough pilots.

Asia Generally Cathay need 200+ pilots per year. Singapore need many as well. Mainland China is booming and can only train 400 pilots annually when over 2000 are required. Korean, China Airlines, Eva and Asiana all have major replacement/expansion plans and simply too few pilots for this. Not enough pilots.

Qatar/Etihad etc What will they do? they have Not enough pilots.

The answer is of course they will all have to offer the option of workable bases in home countries for expat pilots, better money and sensible rostering. Whoever doesn't will have parked airframes costing lost of $$$$ and it will be their own fault.

Flying schools just aren't producing the numbers they have historically and airforces have both downsized and also don't lose the numbers of pilots they once did.

Yes, there is always an element of 'the grass is greener' with pilots but it is a brave (suggest very stupid) management who choses this time to get aircrew offside.

cpahka
4th May 2006, 12:15
Not enough pilots:}
Not enough pilots:)
Not enough pilots:bored:
Not enough pilots:ooh:
Not enough pilots:mad:

Al E. Vator
4th May 2006, 13:21
mmmm.........good point cpa.

Avius
4th May 2006, 18:40
cpahka,

a picture speaks more than 1000 words. you nailed it. :ok: great post.

Arrowhead
7th May 2006, 06:57
Anybody got any idea how to get in to KA or CX with only 1500TT but 1000hrs heavy jet on same/simiar routes?

I am assuming that the HR people will reject as soon as they see the TT figure....

Fly747
7th May 2006, 07:46
If you don't send it in you will never know, criteria for selection change all the time. It is important with both companies to show interest and then regularly update yoiur CV.

Farns744
7th May 2006, 09:18
India Already melting down. Not enough pilots. Something like 4000 qualified captains needed Of course, don't forget there is also an IFALPA recruitment ban for Air India.
http://www.ifalpa.org/jobs/index.htm

dizzyhytes
23rd May 2006, 07:34
Just my thoughts, nursing our own insecurity and ego's won't help in any episode of despute, and these will certainly be the "norms" in the future of us airline aviators, the world has changed now, its a new ground we must acknowledge, and somehow new strategies must now come in place. Just have no idea what it is now :}