PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts?

flygirl79
10th Apr 2006, 22:27
I was looking for some information regarding a couple of Nth QLD companies.
Can anyone tell me their thoughts on the companies below regarding employment and what these companies are like to work for..
1)Skytrans Airlines
2)Hinterland Aviation
3)Cape York Air
For those smart A***s out there yes I have researched their web sites so dont bother with the unnecessary comments.
Those people who actually have something worthwhile to say, I would appreciate your comments.
Thanks in advance:ok:

Soulman
10th Apr 2006, 23:59
A quick scroll through the first two pages of this forum will reveal information on the first two companies.

But if that's too hard:

Hinterland Aviation (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220999)

Skytrans (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219990)

Soulman. :ok:

Mr.Buzzy
11th Apr 2006, 00:31
My thoughts?........ OK then.

mmmmmmmmm Donuts...........

bbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz

flygirl79
12th Apr 2006, 10:34
If I have to explain why I said what I did then maybe you are not catching the frustration I and many others feel as seen from many other people previous posts, so I will spell it out to you. The reason I stated what i did is because it is so disappointing when you get pilots GENUINELY asking for some decent advice and help in a matter, whether they be youthful or not, and for what ever reason, SOME people who use this forum seem to think it is an opportunity to take the piss out of some one, or even be very rude. It is not necessary, and just really shows the immaturity levels of so many out there in the industry.
Very disappointing! For those that actually have something genuine and helpful to say and offer, well their thoughts are welcomed but if you just want to use the post as an opportunity to throw **** on people, please dont waste peoples time.
Some people actually use this forum for some advice.
AND thats all I have to say.....

DeltaSix
12th Apr 2006, 10:58
flygirl79, just ignore them. I am with you when all you want is a genuine advise and you get comments that can be classed as unconstructive or even offensive sometimes. I wonder why some people are like that. Believe me, I cop those too. So, just ignore them.

Guys, just get to the point. If you have the info that can genuinely help flygirl79 let's hear it and just the info she is after. Otherwise.....

Goodluck with your search

D6

barney01
12th Apr 2006, 12:49
I really agree with Flygirl. Lets all put on our "Happy Faces"

adam210
12th Apr 2006, 22:50
flygirl - if you are indeed female,

you will want to know that Skytrans does not look upon female pilots favourably.

sexual discrimination is still alive and well in GA :yuk:

grrowler
12th Apr 2006, 22:54
"Skytrans fly 404's"
"Hinterland have blue tails"
"Cape York Air had an amphibious Caravan:} "
What exactly do you want to know?
If you ask for peoples thoughts then thats what you're gonna get, as Mr Buzzy demonstrated.
Why not use the search function, have a little look through the info there (it might take a bit of time...) and then ask your specific questions. And give people a chance to respond before chewing their heads off. Then they might actually want to help you.

PS. adam, do you know the reason for that? I know some of the Cape locals used to have a problem flying with females, hence some companies preferring not to hire them. Is this still the case at all?

yigy2
13th Apr 2006, 00:42
fly girl, Skytrans and hinterland are at the top of the food chain in terms of GA companies.

Skytrans pay award wages + allowances. They have C310's, Bongos, titians and a kingair. Get to live in cairns although when you first start u basically do 2 weeks per month (roughly) on horn island, until you move up the list of pilots

They basically take people who are coming out of the bush looking for somewhere nicer to live, waiting for an airline job

Hinterland is pretty much the same but operate different aircraft and have a caravan I think - but could be wrong. I have been told they are good to work for.

GAM is also another tope GA company with similar pay/conditions. I know Gam don't care if your a chick or a bloke.

As far as the others, no idea

Cape york - don't know anything about them

yigy2

IMHFO
13th Apr 2006, 04:45
Flygirl a word of advice. Whilst your sentiments are not in question the method you have used is likely to severely limit interest with response. Some re-calibration of countenance is suggested.

BTW (and please don't harm me). Were we once married?

Chocks Away
13th Apr 2006, 06:03
"Word...IMHFO" :ok:

Attitude is everything is this field, especially when hunting for jobs... I sure hope you see the lighter side of someones comments (like Mr Buzzys') before barking back a sharp response, when conversing with others in the industry.

So far as info on these companies is concerned, I can't add anything that hasn't been said already. You're in a good environment currently, as jobs are going left, right and centre... for those on the ball. May I suggest Airnorth, Skippers, Broome Aviation, Batchelor Aviation, Air Mt Isa as well??? (I think I have:} )

Happy landings:ok:

tepson121
13th Apr 2006, 12:52
If you've got the minimums for the likes of hinterland, skytrans etc, why bother applying to them.

Skytrans - GA company with 30yr old piston twins :zzz:

Hinterland - GA company with 30yr piston twins but the added bonus of some newish vans.....turbine but still in single column:hmm:

Why not try the likes of surveillance, ******, airnorth, o'connors, skippers............etc

You may end up applying to them after a year anyway so why not get in early.

jetbrett
14th Apr 2006, 03:46
I agree very heavily, and hey, if youve got the hours, why not give yourself a bit of a wrap, post your hours and attributes and you never know, someone might just ask a few more questions and give you the heads up in a big way, happy hunting. JB

Tagneah
14th Apr 2006, 04:49
"Word...IMHFO" :ok:

Batchelor Aviation

:ok:

Ol Dick Skinner packed in in a while ago. He sold it to HA up at NAC and down the hill it went.

Does anyone know what happened to the 210's? TIJ, SGX, WRD, JEV, FZO?

SGX was a nice machine

Back on the topic (of sorts) Im with Buzzy, Donuts and Duff beer all round

Tag