PDA

View Full Version : Arrow III Turbo fuel question

IMC1
10th Apr 2006, 20:49
Hi,

I have a share of an Arrow III Turbo and I am questioning what the tabs mean in terms of fuel loading. My understanding is 50% full. i have checked the Piper manual but I can't find it. If anybody out there can help. Thanks

18greens
10th Apr 2006, 21:15
The answer is: 'It depends.....'. Tabs in pipers is usually about 60-70% full. It should be written next to the filler neck.

The only sure fire way of knowing the difference is to fill it to tabs then fill it up. The difference will tell you what you want to know.

On the warrior full is 20 imp gals per side and tabs is 15 ig per side. The arrow may have the same tank.

Get used to looking at the tanks before and after each trip. You will get the feel for how full it is by how far above and below the tab and above and below the bottom it is. In the warrior when it touches the bottom there is usually 8-10 gallons still there.

Good luck with the Arrow. Lovely plane, be gentle with the turbo. Which one is it?

Sunfish
10th Apr 2006, 23:10
(Sigh) Read the POH, its in there. Its about 17USG from memory.

egld0624
11th Apr 2006, 01:58
IMC1,

Put this little online weight & balance spreadsheet together for the arrow III; 270litres full; 190 litres @ tabs... hope that helps. (Appreciate it's not the turbo variant but the tanks are the same)

http://www.navex.aero/w&bcalc.htm

Great a/c the Turbo Arrow... here's a cockpit snippet of the baby I fly in Zurich...
http://www.navex.aero/ArrowTurbo3.htm

Take care,

EG:ok:

P.S. Obviously, the POH will have the figures in USG not litres. If I'm not mistaken I think 2USG is "unusable" off the top of my head.

nigelisom
11th Apr 2006, 19:45
PA28R-201T Turbo Arrow III

77 usg (290 lts) Full
50 usg (190 lts) Tabs
5 usg (19 lts) Unusable

Nigel

007helicopter
30th Apr 2006, 17:24
Nigel

Nothing to do with question but here is site we spoke about www.007helicopter.com (http://www.007helicopter.com)

Need any help with the DIZY feel free to pm any time

D

Sunfish
30th Apr 2006, 21:53
Does your Turbo Arrow have that bloody useless and confusing automatic gear extend thingy?

tmmorris
1st May 2006, 19:53
In fixed gear PA28's - not sure about R's - the tabs are roughly the fuel you can carry with four adults, while with two adults you can carry full fuel. Not sure if that's intentional but I guess it is.

Tim

UV
2nd May 2006, 17:16
tmmorris... quote " the tabs are roughly the fuel you can carry with four adults, while with two adults you can carry full fuel. Not sure if that's intentional but I guess it is."

Am I missing something here?? My Warror Flight Manual tells me that the fuel to the Filler Neck Indicator is 34 useable US Galls and to full it is 48 USG.useable.

That equates to 83.9 lbs weight...not exactly 2 adults.
UV

tmmorris
2nd May 2006, 20:24
You can probably carry full fuel with more than 2 adults, too. I didn't say that with 2 adults and full fuel you'd be at MAUM! It's just a rule of thumb for those times when you know that full fuel will put you over MAUM.

Think of it this way: the difference between 4 adults + full fuel and the allowed MAUM is those 83.9lbs.

Tim