PDA

View Full Version : CX retirement age

VRThomas
10th Apr 2006, 17:49
Hi. any update on changing retirement at Cathay?

I would very much like to be considered for a DEFO position and am making a second attempt. But I am old.

Any encouragement would be appreciated.

VRT

Nullaman
12th Apr 2006, 00:13
At the moment it is (nominally) 55 for mainline <pax> crews. Union in discussions with company to change it to 60 however in the meantime individuals are signing up for extensions on a year by year basis to 60. I think trainers can stay on the pax fleet(?) but over 55 line pilots can only fly the frightener(?).

Freightdogs can go to 60 under their contract.

The new ICAO rule from November this year could be the dark horse in the scenario.

mayday911
12th Apr 2006, 11:55
I do not believe that all of the freight pilots are on age 60 contracts (ASL seniority list pilots?). I just recieved a course date for DEFO B744F based in NA, and the COS that they sent indicated a retirement age of 55 regardless of the fleet.

I could most definetely be way off!!

Mayday

Re-entry
13th Apr 2006, 20:41
Currently, all pilots hired on to CX seniority list, regardless PAX or FGT. ASL is from past but they retain 60yr retirement. Some over 55 retained on 1 yr (renewable, worse than before) contracts. Talk of extending retirement age to 60 has dried up supply of interested pilots.