PDA

View Full Version : John Jordan

treadigraph
10th Apr 2006, 12:14
I saw on the Flypast forum that last week, very sadly, the legendary John Jordan departed for that great barnstorming field in the sky...

The stories about John are legion - how he came to deadstick a Spitfire at Sutton Bank, inverted formation in a Vickers Warwick, flying his Stearman under the A14 River Orwell bridge...

I'm sure there are plenty of contributors to this forum who can enlarge upon these anecdotes and recount plenty more about this old and bold pilot...

I can't remember John displaying at a show that I was at, though his Stearman did appear on the ground once or twice at the Biggin Air Fair.

Treadders

Chris Royle
11th Apr 2006, 15:53
John Jordan featured in the excellent TV documentary entitled "The Forgotten Pilots" about the ATA. He had a lovely laconic sense of humour.
RIP.

(Perhaps he's flying inverted through the pearly gates as we speak!)

G-KEST
22nd Apr 2006, 12:02
So sorry to learn of John's passing.

He was a stalwart in the Barnstormers team for many years and his Stearman aeros slot was a joy to watch. He was always willing to help out with the other items like flour bombing and balloon bursting with the bellowing 450 hp P@W on max chat. The noise..... phenominal.

Never one to pay too much attention to petty regulations designed for the obediance of fools his occasional jousts with the Air Regulation Enforcement branch of the CAA were often hilarious.

His passions extended to high performance racing cars where he excelled.

A real character who I am proud to have had as a good friend for so many years.

Cheers John. It was a priviledge to have known you and flown with you.

I am sure there will be many anecdotes from his sixty odd years of flying.

Trapper 69

:{ :{ :{