PDA

View Full Version : VPI Reunion (mod Please leave as sticky till the event)

dolphin 153
10th Apr 2006, 11:46
The 40th Anniversary of VPI will take place over the weekend 30th June- 2nd July at RAF Kinloss. This is the first time a reunion will take place outside of Canada with the dates coinciding with the end of the Fincastle competition. There will be representatives from all of the VPI nations
Up to date info can be accessed at www.vpinternational.co.uk (Edit!)

Rossian
10th Apr 2006, 13:00
Up to date info can be accessed at www.vpinternational.co.uk [email protected]
Ian. You might want to reconsider your "title" The mods might circumsize your post. :-))

PPRuNe Pop
10th Apr 2006, 13:14
The reasons for making a thread a 'sticky' are not for re-unions and such - sorry - otherwise we would have loads of 'em. Best I can suggest is that you bring it back when you see it is running away (off the page).

PPP

buoy15
10th Apr 2006, 14:01
Rossian
Cdr Canadian Forces Kinloss (ComCanForsKin) is well established - please don't alert the PC brigade to change it
Another acronym in place after recent change is - OC Under Water Battle Space Management (OCUWBSM) - simply known for more than 40 years as OC MAAU !
Others tried over the years were:
Trg Off to teach Naval On-Board Systems (NOBS) - not supported
Trg Off to teach Fleet Anti-Radiation Tactics (FARTS) - given a miss
One of the best was a plan to replace the Command Training Team (CTT) which worked alongside Gp Stds Unit (GSU) and the Sqn Trg Teams (STT's)
Suggestion was Training Wing Assessment Team (****) - which for some reason was not supported given the personalities involved, and became Training Sqn Assessment Team (TSAT) - doesn't quite ring well!
There were others, which usually accompanied a "new broom", and are long forgotten, thankfully

Anita Bush
10th Apr 2006, 18:34
Back to the top

Green Flash
10th Apr 2006, 20:19
And back again

Charlie Luncher
10th Apr 2006, 23:08
Well boys & Girls
It may be time to tell the lovely ladies of Buckie, New Elgin Caravan Park and the Patch to dust off their best pair of leggings and break out the tummy reducing pants. There are rumours that they have decided to send me back to the frozen tundra that is ISK. I have yet to confirm that it is a return ticket mind you, but I look forward to catching up with you 'orrible lot over a choice ale or 10.
Charlie sends:ok:

dolphin 153
11th Apr 2006, 14:43
mod, fair enuf :)
back to the top then

Green Flash
11th Apr 2006, 20:41
the lovely ladies of Buckie, New Elgin Caravan Park and the Patch :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ordynants
12th Apr 2006, 14:58
It may be time to tell the lovely ladies of Buckie, New Elgin Caravan Park and the Patch to dust off their best pair of leggings and break out the tummy reducing pants
Has a material strong enough for the task been invented yet????
Back to the top

Deadly fruitbat
12th Apr 2006, 16:26
Jeeeeeez charlie thought we were rid of you for good,,will get in some of the black stuff for you (only one nights worth required from what i remember). give me a shout if your coming over mateyBobs old running buddy sends

Charlie Luncher
12th Apr 2006, 23:22
DF
Would you believe Bob has a grey goatee now! Will try hard not to do my Father Jack impression but I am weak. If you will be around we can see if we can get you fixed up with a women this time!:ok:
Charlie sends

SKWEEKY
13th Apr 2006, 20:58
Hey Charlie - hows it going little bro :ok:. Got a thread from Biffa (2nd Division Southern Hemisphere) is also inbound ISK. Me thinks Dogs*"t, Bambi, Empty Ed and Mr C will be around for a JAAC Master reunion too :\.
Skweeky sends ;)

monkeytamer
14th Apr 2006, 18:01
What is this VPI thing all about?
MT

Yeller_Gait
14th Apr 2006, 19:10
MT,

VP INTERNATIONAL
To foster goodwill and fellowship through the promotion of understanding and recognition of Maritime Patrol operations and their impact on military aviation.

http://www.vpinternational.ca/

I remember well the 30th VPI reunion in Greenwood, a great night, and I am sure the ISK event will be just as good.

Y_G

dolphin 153
17th Apr 2006, 08:21
and as it follows fincastle there could be some soar heads around isk in july :ok:

dolphin 153
18th Apr 2006, 17:26
back to the top

Charlie Luncher
18th Apr 2006, 23:24
YG
The only thing I think I can remember from RDV96, was Mad Mike turning lobster red from well the lobster of course - go on have some more do it again:}.
I guess it will be a fish supper from the central this time:O gotta beat the sweepings of the abbatoir floor stuffed in the left over bits and fried:yuk: .
Charlie sends

dolphin 153
20th Apr 2006, 14:32
top again :)

dolphin 153
24th Apr 2006, 18:26
and again:)

gonesurfin
26th Apr 2006, 18:33
Just helping out....:)

Charlie Luncher
27th Apr 2006, 23:50
Flipper
Are the big butch lumberjacks going to turn up this time, or has the Top Hat got a "ladies" night on ?
Charlie sends

anya mutha
2nd May 2006, 09:03
Not getting much help Dolphin, old chap!

:ok:

Team Avi8tor
3rd May 2006, 10:24
and agaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiinnnnnnn.................. :)

dolphin 153
4th May 2006, 18:40
thanks all just another month to go (on the plus side heard them talking about the hanger party the other day :) )

Green Flash
4th May 2006, 21:33
A Hanger party in the land of The Water of Life? Oo-er Have you got Gordon and Macphails on standby to rush in emergency supplies?:} :E

Strato Q
6th May 2006, 05:01
Is the Hangar Party not for International Night? Just thought I would ask and do my bit.

Guernsey Girl II
6th May 2006, 07:45
Strato Q

Yes it is, not just the Fincastle crews but as it's the end of Neptune Warrior 062 the French and German crews will have stalls too. Full RDV40 program here:-
http://www.vpinternational.co.uk/rv.htm

Back to the Top GG II

Strato Q
6th May 2006, 11:00
GG,

Thanks for the link, unfortunatley the wife intercepted it and now knows where $180 kiwi is going.

Charlie Luncher
7th May 2006, 03:23
Strat
$180 Kiwi should be about 3 quid which should be enough for you to buy me a beer for a change:rolleyes: .
Charlie sends

anya mutha
10th May 2006, 08:48
Just stopping it running away...

old'n'bald
10th May 2006, 13:38
Please confirm that there will not be any "Purple Death"?

I've only just recovered from my last lot! (and it means this is back up near the top!)

dolphin 153
11th May 2006, 12:38
as the kiwi's are coming i'm afraid that purple death will be a compulsory entry fee to the hanger party

Green Flash
11th May 2006, 18:45
OK, I'll ask. What on earth or New Zealand is purple death? Sounds suspiciously like distilled hyd fluid, if I know my Kiwis.

Yeller_Gait
11th May 2006, 20:37
My recollection of it, from the VPI 30th International party was that it was purple in colour, and I felt like death the following morning.

Simple really!

Y_G

Doptrack
12th May 2006, 07:55
It's lethal!
Don't know what's in it but at the Hangar party I went to the Kiwi's where "serving" it in baby bottles. Also watch out for the Canadian's Moose Milk:eek:

Green Flash
12th May 2006, 08:26
Thanks for the purple warning! Now, Mooses Milk - been there, done that, ..... bloody Canadians.:} :ok: :ok: :ok:

Radar Riser
13th May 2006, 13:43
And back to the top again!

old'n'bald
14th May 2006, 16:37
It's only proper Purple Death when it's served from a pressurised backpack and dispensed through an agricultural spray nozzle! Good luck at the VPI bash, I only wish I was able to attend!

Green Flash
15th May 2006, 08:28
Forward to today.

Strato Q
16th May 2006, 08:24
Due to the popular concern shown over "Purple Death" I took the liberty to check how much we had, you will be pleased to know a consignment of 100 litres will be leaving NZ in the next month. However, I do feel PD has an undesrved reputation, as it is the Moose Milk that does the real damage, PD is just a colouring to the result.:yuk:

Green Flash
16th May 2006, 09:33
PD - maybe it's a new anti-ship chemical weapon?!:E

Doptrack
17th May 2006, 09:18
I hope you have a license for that - I wouldn't think they'd allow it on aircraft. It must be hazardous.

Back to the top.

thunderbird7
17th May 2006, 16:18
Isn't it just made of Skydrol?

PS: is Crazy still around?

Charlie Luncher
20th May 2006, 03:38
Be still my aching belly for a drop of the decent black gold, and a deep fried jock pie of course
Charlie sends:E

Not Long Here
20th May 2006, 07:45
Charlie,

If its Guinness you are referring to I had a very good pint in a hostelry on North Terrace, Adelaide recently. Can't remember the name of the pub though:uhoh: But it was at the end of the lane that runs from the Holiday Inn on Rundle down to the Terrace.:}

dolphin 153
23rd May 2006, 20:10
just back the top again, sorry to the rest of pruners

gonesurfin
27th May 2006, 17:06
Are the Aussies staging through Hawaii? If so, and you know me, drop me a line 'cause I live here now. I think one crew may be landing at Barbers...if you need any help give me a shout.

Beers.

Charlie Luncher
28th May 2006, 01:37
NLH
no no no no, its ok but not as good as Irelands best brew Murphy's.

Gs things are up in the air due to some revolting natives, but mate Barbers has closed, it will probably be K-bay, then Dukes for cocktails and the usual haunts.
Charlie sends

gonesurfin
28th May 2006, 04:39
Hey Charlie. Thanks for the tip...I must tell Mrs GS that she is flying USCG C130s illegally, from a closed runway. Oh how she'll laugh....The non-existent ops staff seem to think that an Aussie crew is due soon.

Beers.

Strato Q
28th May 2006, 11:31
Charlie, best you strick to your 'grams' and leave the navigating to the experts

Charlie Luncher
3rd Jun 2006, 03:12
I have pulled my 11 points from their sheath and am about to commit Aco Kari on one of my bellies:bored: .

GS at least one of team will be passing through Barbers, I unfortunately will be going the other way - North West I think:ugh: courtesy of our Tasman Cousins/Bros.

Incidently Strat ex, is a has been and spert, a drip under pressure - perfect navigator material, so are you going to buy me that beer:hmm:
Charlie sends

anya mutha
4th Jun 2006, 02:50
Charlie, sounds like I'm catching the same bus as you. Bring the travel scrabble, it's going to be a long trip.

Strato Q
5th Jun 2006, 00:30
Charlie, I may get you that drink as long as it is not Coopers again. Unfortunately I have to work my passage the traditional way, so I will have to miss the game of Travel Scrabble. Anyway it will give you two a chance to catch up and speak that 'tweet/cone' language to pass the journey. See you in Scotland.

anya mutha
5th Jun 2006, 00:34
No doubt we'll spend most of the time wondering where all the good Tacnavs have gone.....

Strato Q
5th Jun 2006, 00:42
Shouldn't you be on the golf course on a sunny day like this? Your adopted country needs you to get handicap down for the Ramnee Trophy.

Charlie Luncher
6th Jun 2006, 23:51
Don't think it is a handicap, more of a special need really:eek: .

Anya you can get the tigers in for all the golf days you took whilst the rest of us were working hard, not to mention what you did to my dog!:*
Charlie sends

Charlie Luncher
8th Jul 2006, 00:08
Despite the Kiwis forgetting their beer :ugh:, and the odd POHMs that could not handle their beer:yuk:, using up the two ambulances that serve N.Scotland and missing Gone Surfin's Condom trick, I had a blast good to catch up will all you 'orrible people once again.
Now on DETOX and diet plan to rid my boby of the purple deeth and jock pie remains.
Charlie Sends

smokegone
29th Jul 2006, 08:32
Much fun had by all even worth the last 6 weeks TMUFF.