PDA

View Full Version : Best LHR hotel with view?

phil_2405
9th Apr 2006, 17:46
I'm flying out to the US with Virgin Atlantic in June and I am considering staying at LHR the night before, which hotel is best for views of the airport (and still quite cheap?!)

Thanks

Hotel Mode
9th Apr 2006, 18:32
Rennaisance probably the best views or 27R, but Jurys is on the southside and if they are using 27L has excellent views of threshold and approach. Can be as cheap as £39 at weekends

striparella
9th Apr 2006, 20:07
Yeah Jurys is the best if you're going for views AND cheap, and you're there on the right day.

If you can get a good deal Renaissance is also good - proved by the fact every weekend the car park is full of spotters, but make sure you get a room that does actually face the airport.

What time is your flight? I'd stay somewhere nice like the Radisson Edwardian then check in really early and watch the aircraft from the departures/gates area.

phil_2405
9th Apr 2006, 21:05
Cheers for the replies.

Our flight departs T3 at 11:30.

Globaliser
10th Apr 2006, 11:05
If you can get a good deal Renaissance is also good - proved by the fact every weekend the car park is full of spotters, but make sure you get a room that does actually face the airport.I think that the Renaissance is the airport hotel that actually has a spotters rate, that (amongst other things) guarantees you a room that faces the runway.