PDA

View Full Version : Food at LACC

lobby
9th Apr 2006, 17:28
Here we go, what do the people at LACC think of the standard of the food and the new layout of the "Restaurant". Even the staff have been having trouble matching the dishes on the hotplate with the ones advertised on the menu. And as for the quality, well, i will leave that open for debate!

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread.

goldfrog
9th Apr 2006, 17:37
Best breakfast award goes to West Drayton by a mile. Best Lunch used to be Swanwick but has gone downhill so probably West Drayton as well. Don't like the Prestwick canteen at all, Spectrum House was very good 10 years ago, Hurn's not bad.

Arkady
9th Apr 2006, 18:15
Why have you posted this here, after having posted exactly the same thing on the NATS site two days ago? Why would anyone outside NATS be the slightest bit interested? :confused:

PPRuNe Radar
9th Apr 2006, 18:17
Spot on Arkaday
Falls foul of the multiple posting etiquette too, so we'll probably close this one :ok:

London Mil
9th Apr 2006, 19:49
Ahem Mod. But there are those of us who work at all three centres who are not priveleged enough to have access to the NATS forum. Please do not assume we don't have a view here.

For what its worth, I personally think that LTCC certinly has the best canteen. Not only is the food good, but a riendly smile from Margarate is a sure way to start the day. Sat in the Swanwick set-up the other week and was particularly unimpressed.

PPRuNe Radar
9th Apr 2006, 20:19
But what's the relevance to an international Forum where pilots and ATC can exchange ideas and information on operations, procedures, aviation politics, etc ?

There are moves afoot to provide a bit more focus on PPRuNe in general, as we have seen a lot of dilution across the whole site. This is to try to get back to discussing the issues that the site was originally set up for.

I can see the relevance of an individual ATC units facilities being discussed as part of a wider discussion on terms and conditions across all companies and units. I can see the relevance of an individual site being discussed on a private Forum.

I can't see the relevance of a LACC only theme here though. Persuade me. :)

London Mil
9th Apr 2006, 20:32
Well, I suppose I don't know the relevance, as I don't have access to the NATS forum and any previous discussion. Maybe those of us who work at the three NATS centres, shoulder-to-shoulder with our NATS colleagues, should have access to the private forum.

However, if you wish to moderate in a selective fashion, then so be it.

Lon More
9th Apr 2006, 21:00
Can't have become any worse than in the days of Fag-Ash Lil cooking breakfast with a cigarette dangling from her bottom lip, and the occasional cough onto the food.
Then the eastern gentleman, fresh off the boat being shown how to make toast at 3 a.m. - bread under the grill, spread it, nobody ordered toast so bin it. Come 7 o'clock. everyone ordering toast, nothing arriving; there he was out the back, bread under the grill, spread it, bin it.
The view out the windows, only surpassed by the view of Porter's Way from the Ops. Room.

At least it was an improvement on the old canteen on N. Side

Then there was the canteen at Redbrae House .... great egg and bacon butties

chevvron
10th Apr 2006, 06:11
Remember Gypsy Rose at West Drayton? Len Vass went down to the canteen about 2am and asked for egg & chips; after a couple of minutes, she put her head out of the door; 'three eggs enough dear?' she asked; then she presented him with a huge pile of chips topped with three eggs plus beans and a sausage. 'Not much there' she said, 'that'll be one and six'. (1/6d or 1s 6d - Old money which most of you have never heard of.)

Mr_Grubby
10th Apr 2006, 10:52
Then there was Mr Singh the chef at West Drayton who would bring in sandwiches because he refused to eat the awful stuff that he produced for us !!

I think some of the best food we ever had was from an Army field kitchen set up in portacabins in the car park when the canteen was being refurbished a few years back. The army chef was very good.

C.

flower
10th Apr 2006, 11:01
I prefer having my LVs :E

throw a dyce
10th Apr 2006, 11:27
Ah but for how much longer?:E :E

Lon More
10th Apr 2006, 13:46
I prefer having my LVs
When I started with MoA (last ice age) we got meal vouchers when under 19 years old. On 19th birthday got a pay rise and vouchers disappeared. However, after giving the taxman his whack and paying full price for the meal I was about ten bob per week worse off.

BEXIL160
10th Apr 2006, 15:37
Have to Second Mr. Grubby's recollections of the West Drayton Canteen in the Portakabin era... best food ever (think the chef came off an Oil rig, rather than being a Squaddie though)

Plenty of other "memories" from WD, incl Saddam :uhoh: Think he's doing time at "at another place" now.:sad: :sad:

LACC "food"... er , no... I bring sanwiches etc etc (can't even get Scrambled eggs for breakfast without grief:mad: :mad: )

Rgds BEX

250 kts
11th Apr 2006, 08:56
Yep, it's all true-I never thought we'd be wishing for the LTCC canteen to be moved 80 miles south. Mind you the food at the CTC is very good-now why would that be I wonder?;) ;) ;)

CAP493
14th Apr 2006, 14:52
Why would anyone outside NATS be the slightest bit interested? Believe me, even anyone employed in NATS who doesn't have the benefit of a 'staff restaurant' (and there are many) isn't the slightest bit interested in such whinges. :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: