PDA

View Full Version : Voyager Aviation

Oxeagle
9th Apr 2006, 16:53
Hi there,
Anyone know of Voyager aviation who operate out of Merritt island airport in Florida? I am very interested in their professional pilot training scheme, and before anyone mentioons I know that you only get issued with FAA licenses :p! Which brings me onto a separate point, what are the chances of an FTO such as Voyager sponsoring me for US citizenship if I worked for them under their professional pilot scheme?

Cheers

cfimei
10th Apr 2006, 04:45
Hello Oxeagle

If the moderator doesn't mind I'd like to respond to your questions. As the owner of Voyager, one of our ex students emailed to tell me somebody had posted a question about us on PPrune. If you would like to PM me I can give you his email address so you can get in touch for his views.

However I think it's appropriate to discuss your question on citizenship sponsoring. What you are asking is whether or not we can get you a green card, formally known as Permanent Residency which can lead to citizenship. The answer (as far as a flight school is concerned) is no. The route to citizenship is lenghty and complicated. First you need to qualify for an immigrant visa (Permanent Residency) and this can be obtained through employment however the criteria is very strict. It all boils down to whether an employer can find local staff or not. Obviously we can always find flight instructors who are US citizens. If not then the chances of qualifying for permanent residency would be much improved. Check this website for the process: http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/residency/employment.htm The alternatives to employment are through family or marriage.