PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs Up for CASA

FO Cokebottle
9th Apr 2006, 08:03
Received a surprise from CASA when checked my mail box today.

Completed my IFR Renewal on the 26th Mar and enclosed cheque for $130 with usual paperwork. Received updated license and cheque returned with a CASA with compliments card annotated with no fee applicable.

Thanks guys...:D

jetbrett
9th Apr 2006, 10:19
Probably because there bank account cant hold anymore, half these new fees they have brought in they could do without anyway, maybe they should hold aviation lunches or dinners at a nice venue, for all those people that are now feeding them all their employees super packets. I would like to see the statement of where the money is actually going aswell. Whilst on the topic, the most outrageous fee they have bought in would have to be the 'dispute of theory question' fee, after all we are only human, and they do make mistakes, why do they have to cloud their embarrassment on stuffing up a question, which they have done on countless occasions, by slugging us with a fee, which i believe is $90, correct me if im wrong. Anyway Ive got my bit out, dont be fooled by their niceness. Cheers JB

bilbert
10th Apr 2006, 02:28
I Got hit with a $325 bill for an IRR. 1.5 hours flight test, fair enough but an extra $130 for "issue of a flight crew rating' which means put the sticky in the logbook.
Is this another 'we do it differently at each CASA District office' exercise.

aero979
10th Apr 2006, 04:31
ive been trying to get my licence corrected for three weeks now, and when ever i call they are always at lunch... $130 per head maybe???