PDA

View Full Version : AirTransat

modtinbasher
8th Apr 2006, 16:53
Going Gatwick to Toronto by AirTransat club class in a few weeks time. Any comments, derogatory or congratulatory would be appreciated...........

Rampmole
8th Apr 2006, 17:29
London Gatwick to Toronto in Club Transat, Checking at Gatwick was quick at the Club counter where your luggage is priority tagged. At the boarding gate Club passengers are allowed to board the aircraft first. The seats were wide leather with good legroom and recline, supplied with pillow and blankets. Prior to take off you were offered headsets, Canadian newspaper and champagne or orange juice. Left the gate exactly on time. After take off a menu was given followed by drinks promptly served with nibbles in a glass dish and full size tumblers, which were refilled at every opportunity by the very friendly and attentive flight attendants. The two meals served onboard were to a high quality and were very nicely presented on china with blue linen table clothes. Metal cutlery is now also used which is a bonus. Good selection of wine, bread served with the meal and followed by after dinner liquers and hot towels. Inflight Entertainment was good with two movies although all on a main cabin screen. On arrival at Toronto my luggage was on the carousel 10mins after the plane landed. It was a good flight with Air Transat and would recommend paying the extra for Club Transat, as it worth every penny for a comfortable and pleasant flying experience.

modtinbasher
12th Apr 2006, 09:13
Rampmole, thanks for your prompt reply, it looks good to me. OK, it may not be BA club, but at the price it looks to be good value.

mckrll
17th Apr 2006, 14:39
Have flown Air Transat DUB-YYZ-DUB and can thoroughly recommend the Club Transat experience.

It used to be an inferior service to that offered by Skyservice, but since they dropped the Club class from Dublin, Transat have stepped up to the mark.

Enjoy the flight.

Andrew

modtinbasher
21st Apr 2006, 18:28
Andrew, thanks very much for your post. For the benefit of other Airtransat pax, I'll update this thread on my mid-June return from Toronto.