PDA

View Full Version : 'Sunglasses put jet lag in shade'

PAXboy
7th Apr 2006, 16:27
That is the head line on this BBC report (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4886770.stm).

Passengers on long-haul flights are being urged to wear sunglasses in a bid to reduce the effects of jet lag.

Scientists in Edinburgh have found that people can adjust their body clocks when travelling to different time zones by altering their light patterns. [snip] The study, conducted by Edinburgh Sleep Centre for British Airways, monitored more than 1,000 passengers.

This is featured on the BA web site BA Jet Lag (www.ba.com/jetlag) which I'll read later. I only got four hours sleep last night, so I'm going :zzz:

striparella
9th Apr 2006, 14:19
I remember way back when watching How 2 and Carol Voderman telling me that if i shine a torch on the back of my knees it prevents jet lag.

I don't doubt the Vord but i've not yet tried it.

PAXboy
9th Apr 2006, 21:26
Thanks, Stripa for reminding me of Ms V. and that's a sure fire way to wake me up. :E :E

Bangkokeasy
10th Apr 2006, 02:05
Ah yes, the old sunglasses trick. Mostly employed to hide the bloodshot eyes. Rather useful for hangovers too..

I recall a flight from LGW to Accra many moons ago, when some colleagues and I managed to consume a larger quantity of the inflight bar than would nowadays be permitted. We all suffered from severe "jet lag" the following morning and had to meet a client for a difficult meeting at 10am. Sitting beside my boss, with line of sight to his eyeballs, I could see why he wore his Raybans through the whole meeting... :8