PDA

View Full Version : Help if it's possible!

giafoschi
7th Apr 2006, 14:06
Dear friends
I hope you can give me good news;my goden dream is to become a pilot,but I have many years fighting to get my medical certificate.13 years ago I had an aortic valve replacement,and now I have an artificial aortic valve.I know that my health condition allow me to get even an FAA Special Issuance 1st class medical;in the U.S.there are several airline pilots flying with their valve replacement.JAR FCL3 are much more stricted and do not allow me to get any medical certificate to fly.Do you know if,once demonstrated my good heath condition, JAA can release a sort of Special Issuance?Or could you provide me any AME contact?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Gianluca Foschi

the lord
8th Apr 2006, 15:00
Hello friend!!

I try to find you in the JAR the answer at your question, I donīt know if this can help you, but I will try it. I will paste you in english and if you understand in spanish i will paste you.
Information:
(c) Valvular surgery
(1) Applicants with implanted mechanical valves shall be assessed as unfit.
(2) Asymptomatic applicants with a tissue valve who at least 6 months following surgery shall
have satisfactorily completed investigations which demonstrate normal valvular and ventricular
configuration and function may be considered for a fit assessment by the AMS as judged by:
(i) a satisfactory symptom limited exercise ECG to Bruce Stage IV or equivalent which a
cardiologist acceptable to the AMS interprets as showing no significant abnormality. Myocardial
scintigraphy/stress echocardiography shall be required if the resting ECG is abnormal and any coronary
artery disease has been demonstrated. See also paragraphs 5, 6 and 7 of Appendix 1 to Subparts B & C;
(ii) a 2D Doppler echocardiogram showing no significant selective chamber enlargement, a
tissue valve with minimal structural alterations and with a normal Doppler blood flow, and no structural, nor
functional abnormality of the other heart valves. Left ventricular fractional or shortening shall be normal;
(iii) the demonstrated absence of coronary artery disease unless satisfactory revascularisation
has been achieved – see paragraph 7 above;
(iv) the absence of requirement for cardioactive medication;
(v) a follow up with annual cardiological review by a cardiologist acceptable to the AMS
with exercise ECG and 2D Doppler echocardiography.
A fit assessment shall be limited to multi-pilot operation (Class 1 OML). Full Class 2 certification may be applicable.

Look it and this answer donīt help you I will try to look again the JAR.
Do you speak about this with a doctor? With a the doctor who past the medical certificates? I think that they will answer you, your question.

Best regards

giafoschi
10th Apr 2006, 07:35
I will check,thanks a lot Lord!!

Gianluca