PDA

View Full Version : £25,000 for dead Vulcan????

The Swinging Monkey
7th Apr 2006, 07:27
Morning all,

Just got my annual report and copy of accounts for Lincs Lancaster Association this morning. In it, I read, with utter atonishment, that the Association paid £25,000 (yes, twenty five thousand pounds!) to purchase the Vulcan at Newark Air Museum. What an astonishing price to pay for the old girl.

Do you think that it might have had anything to do with the fact that the aircraft owner was em, lets see, ..........its only the bl00dy chaiman of Lincs Lancaster Association??!! Hey, what about that then? Maybe the 'council' of the association would care to comment on why so much was paid for the aircraft?

With almost a quater of a million pounds in their coffers, and tricks like this, I think its time I dis-associated myself from the Association, this just dosn't seem right to me.

Kind regards
TSM

Pontius Navigator
7th Apr 2006, 07:56
I googled the LLA. I see it supports the RAF Lancaster and not the Civil one. What is the plan for its Vulcan?

Will it become the Lincs Avro Association?

MEON VALLEY FLYER
7th Apr 2006, 08:34
Monkey

What ever makes you think something is amiss. Guy buys Vulcan for £ 6K, RAF fly it to Newark (it just about lands). Many volunteers keep it in good order, no parking fees are paid. Then said guy sells it for £ 25 K, cos that is the market value if it went on ebay (this one is no pile of rot).

This is England remember. A country of football yobs and old boys clubs

Besides. There could be another 'aircraft' bought for £ 6 k, flown to a larger airfield. Owner wants to fly this one, but pockets may be deep, but no one like reaching for the very bottom. So drums up public support and things might just happen, even with some extra help (it could be you !!).
Then if you look at the figures for costs involved, you see a large ammount earmarked for storage at said larger airfrield also owned by owner of plane (said site already makes a profit) by other means. So I guess no one has nothing but the aircraft in mind.