PDA

View Full Version : will my headset work

mpflis
7th Apr 2006, 00:25
I begin class in June for the Airbus, and I am curious on whether or not my current headset will work. I have a plantronics ms50 which is similar to the telex 5 x 5. I know there are airbus adapters, but are these already on the aircraft, or should I plan on purchasing one? Or does Cathay have headsets for the crew? I was also wondering on the most popular luggage used at Cathay. Here in the states a lot of crew member use purdy neat stuff, which offers a 22" and 26" roller. Does anyone have any opinions. I was hoping to get something that had a Cathay name and design, but am not sure if that is available. Thanks for the help, opinion, and time to write a response.

Cheers

moosp
7th Apr 2006, 02:08
You will not need your headset. All CX aircraft are fitted with headsets, and personal ones are forbidden. (unfortunately, as most of the ones they use are dated and uncomfortable.)

Leave your baggage choice until you get here, and have a look around at what the guys are using. Most think that roller briefcases are a bit naff, but roller underseats are popular. They will be cheaper to buy in Asia anyway.

FWIW

tifters
7th Apr 2006, 02:11
All a/c have headsets in them, we are provided with new ear covers every flight and sanitary wipes to wash off the SARS from previous crew.
Samsonite are the main providers of bags, 30% discount to crew. If you join as cabin crew you are provided with them free and if you join as cadet pilot you get flight bag with Cathay Pacific on it.
My advice....dont put anything with Cathay on your bag unless you wish to invite ridicule!!

flyingkiwi
7th Apr 2006, 02:18
hi

dont spend your money, You can only use the headsets provided in the aircraft, and they give staff a stunning deal on samsonite luggage, you cannot beat the price at all. If fact on that note dont buy any thing pre HK, this place has great shopping especially for things like cmaeras, omputers, cloths...etc...if you buy pre HK you may regret it...

mayday911
7th Apr 2006, 23:23
Gotta get all of our stuff to Hong Kong and for me my rolling bag will have to do.

I am actually going to enjoy not having to carry a headseat around!!

Mayday.