PDA

View Full Version : Never give up

tonyrubini
4th Apr 2006, 15:28
Hi everybody, let's give a try on this. I have been looking for a flying job worldwide since ever and never got luck. I am a green card holder as well, but it did not help so far. In Italy I have been trained and got the MD 82 type rating....money wasted till now. A "normal" person would have been already given up....but even if I am over forty's, I have no intention to leave my feet on the ground.

A couple weeks ago somebody mentioned to me this website. Let's see if it works. By the way, it seems very helpful anyway.

Thanks to all

Tony

scroggs
4th Apr 2006, 15:38
Welsome to Pprune.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'let's see if it works' when you refer to Pprune. We cannot help you find employment. We do not operate any kind of jobs exchange. We simply offer a place for you to discuss the process of trying to find employment.

Incidentally, a Green Card is not a passport to a flying job. Aviation employment is in a much worse state in the US than it is in the EU. There are still thousands of pilots furloughed after the mass airline descent into Chapter 11 protection - which very few American airlines have so far managed to escape, despite the massive cost savings allowed by Chapter 11 and the unfair competition against foreign airlines this allows.

Scroggs

tonyrubini
5th Apr 2006, 07:52
Thank you Right Seat, this is what I meant before.....sharing helpful information. I have checked the flynordic website and asked for the H.R. office address.

You said asian and middle east market is good now, but I have sent a lots of applications and never got any reply. I went in africa last month and found out that in Sudan will be an opening for pilots in the near future (see my ad in the african forum), but again I could not find any addresses and/or persons to contact for it.

Anyway, the research must go on

Thanks

Tony

Gnirren
5th Apr 2006, 09:55
I think Flynordic require you to speak one scandianavian language though.

guimaraes
5th Apr 2006, 12:46
Try www.airadriatic.com (http://www.airadriatic.com) .They have MD-82 and are looking for pilots.

Dr. Feelgood
5th Apr 2006, 15:46
You might give a try with the Swiss charter company Hello Airlines. It's not top notch, but it gives you a start. They operate MD90's (quite new actually) out of Basel and Zurich, are expanding and are looking for pilots. If I'm not mistaken, your type rating is also valid for this aircraft.

www.hello.ch

Good luck!:)

Doc.

tonyrubini
7th Apr 2006, 10:23
Thanks Dr. Feelgood, yes my type rating is valid for the MD 80/ MD 88/MD 90; Hello looks a good company to work with, but like others, they require as follow:

A) a copy of the last line check form from the previous operator
B) a copy of the last simulator operator proficiency check form from the previous operator.

I have never got luck to work for any operator, I am not currency anymore and even if, I do at my own expense a refreshment course, they still require a prove of the line check.

Question: Even if you pay at your expense a type rating and a refreshment course, how can you get a proficiency line check if you are not employed??? It looks like a dog bite his own tail....tourning in the circle.

Thanks to all previously replied pprunes

Tony