PDA

View Full Version : National Flight Centre - Weston Airport, Ireland

captwannabe
2nd Apr 2006, 11:29
What is training like at NFC? Quality? Cost? Employment prospects at the end of the course? :confused:

fireblade900
2nd May 2006, 10:55
It started all with the Legendary Cpt. Darby Kennedy.

Best school in Ireland, excellent instructors, but like anywhere you may find a bad apple,, but majority at weston are excellent.

The downsize is landing fees, even while on training, 5 Euros per landing, 3 euro for a touch-and-go. May not seem much but all adds on.. Also recent price increase for Dual training , due to fuel fuel costs/insurance, etc,
it is now Euro 175 per hour on a Cessna 150.

Although good weather is a hit and miss, don't forget that it is best to learn in rough Irish weather then in some nice warm country and then come back to find youre lossed in windy conditions...

Check out www.Westonairport.com (http://www.Westonairport.com), and the www.NFC.ie (http://www.NFC.ie)

:ok:

speedrestriction
2nd May 2006, 15:19
Did my PPL there in 2004 (c150 €125/p/h). Some excellent instructors and some hour builders (not bad but not as good as full time instructors by and large). Good groundschool, good aircraft availability (if you are flexible). Possibly a bit small for commercial flight training (one duchess) and wx is not great. However unlike some of the larger schools there shouldn't be such a problem with getting your hands on a plane.

I went elsewhere for CPL, IR etc.

captwannabe
2nd May 2006, 20:29
Euro 175 per hour on a Cessna 150

That is :mad: crazy money for a C150! There's a new C172 in Cork for around the same price!

lesser weevil
2nd May 2006, 22:22
I have been told that NFC is dubious as regards training standards, etc. however, I don't know anything about them first hand. The problem is that there are rival schools at Weston who say not so nice things about each other - and of course, without first hand experience at all of these, who am I to say who (if any) is telling the truth?