PDA

View Full Version : Canadian German Looking International

ils09
1st Apr 2006, 10:09
Hi All,

I am a dual Canadian and German citizen looking to work inernationally (Outside of Canada) I have close to 700hrs and some turbine experience. If anyone has any tips that would be very helpful. As well as anything about the JAA/JAR conversion.

Sax
3rd Apr 2006, 08:19
Hey ILS09, I have just finished my conversion and can probably answer most of your questions. I too have dual citizenship, Canada and EU.

Considering your total time, you won't yet have a canadian ATPL, which means you MUST do the groundschool requirements before writing the ATPL exams in europe. There are a few schools in the US where you can write these exams, and maybe even in Canada, Moncton Flight College.

Once you have passed all 14 exams you will need to do a commercial skills test, and after that add the multi and instrument ratings to it.

I hold a Canadian ATPL so the process for me was probably a bit different than what you have to do, so I'd suggest you go to the UK CAA website, www.caa.co.uk, and dowload the latest edition of "LASORS", a very long .pdf which answers pretty much all your questions about converting.

Hope that helps, feel free to PM me if you like.
Cheers,
Sax