PDA

View Full Version : I want April Fools Suggestions

unclenelli
31st Mar 2006, 22:08
I'm currently working a nightshift a the covert airfield in OX
Anyone got any ideas for April Fools we can carry out on aircrew and the oncoming dayshift in a military ops room?????????

Melchett01
31st Mar 2006, 22:17
Get all the aircraft out of the hangar and tell them they're all serviceable and ready to go.

No, that's far too unbelievable even for April Fools :E

NutLoose
31st Mar 2006, 22:55
Tell em in 2014 on this day it will be the hundreth anniversary of the RAF and at that point in time will the two remaining members of the RAF (post government cuts and spin) please toss a coin as to who is going to turn the lights out for the last time as they leave the building....

as for now just remove all the leads from the chinagraph pencils............ the RAF will grind to a halt...........

unclenelli
31st Mar 2006, 23:08
Was that an attempt at an April Fool, or are you 4 years out?

MightyGem
31st Mar 2006, 23:13
Change one of the aircraft registrations.

SASless
31st Mar 2006, 23:53
Make a small note about some high mucky the muck coming for a visit....see if the trash gets carried out ahead of the visit.

diginagain
1st Apr 2006, 03:52
Change one of the aircraft registrations.
If you're really determined, change all if the aircraft registrations.

Whaaa newark
1st Apr 2006, 04:53
Point at their boots and tell them that their laces are undone.

ChezTanker
1st Apr 2006, 05:13
I'm currently working a nightshift a the covert airfield in OX
Anyone got any ideas for April Fools we can carry out on aircrew and the oncoming dayshift in a military ops room?????????

Tell them that the powers to be have introduced capped actuals - D'oh done that!

country calls
1st Apr 2006, 07:30
I once saw a red line for Ejection Seats only to be operated in emergency. That sort of morale inducing funny would be stamped all over these days alas.

Pinch punch , first of the month!

NURSE
1st Apr 2006, 08:58
Tell em in 2014 on this day it will be the hundreth anniversary of the RAF and at that point in time will the two remaining members of the RAF (post government cuts and spin) please toss a coin as to who is going to turn the lights out for the last time as they leave the building....

as for now just remove all the leads from the chinagraph pencils............ the RAF will grind to a halt...........

always wondered whent this April Fool joke was going to be finished ;)

Lara crofts pants
1st Apr 2006, 11:11
Whaaa newark,

I suppose your name is based on that infantile game of getting people to say things 3 times in a row and then saying Whaaa! Very annoying.

ShyTorque
1st Apr 2006, 13:55
Take all the door handles off the "pull" side of the doors and shout "Scramble".

Whaaa newark
1st Apr 2006, 19:44
LCP
Is that a whaaa

BEagle
1st Apr 2006, 20:42
Do grow up!

maccer82
1st Apr 2006, 22:09
Type up some official looking call up papers sending the others in the crewroom to various military holiday spots around the globe... or tell them that they have been especially chosen for an exchange tour with the AAC...

nice castle
2nd Apr 2006, 00:06
jpa? Oh, they're actually serious!!:eek:

Vim_Fuego
2nd Apr 2006, 08:00
Never 'butcher' a med. centre headed piece of paper to read that the recipient should report to the SMO immediately as there is a serious complication with his blood test results... Having done this to a friend who was single and no stranger to the ladies in the early nineties (when we were all supposed to die of STD's fairly rapidly) I can safely say that I probably took a couple of years off him anyway. :eek:
I had to admit the ruse fairly early on then agree with him that I had the shortest of head starts before he came after me donned in safari jacket carrying hunting rifle.

BEagle
2nd Apr 2006, 09:51
A certain ex-101 Flt Cdr may well remember his 'posting' to Staff College....

I had a chum (Stringy W) who was doing time as a senior-officer's bag-dragger at Bracknell. We managed to get hold of a full set of RAF Staff College joining instructions, welcome letter, car pass - the full Monte Carlo. A bit of snopake-and-xerox to the welcoming letter, some careful doctoring of dates and the whole thing inserted into an OHMS envelope complete with 'RAF Bracknell' unit stamp etc. The trap was sprung...

4 a/c were on a trip to Colorado Springs to bring back some Tornados from Nellis to UK. Victim was in the first pair, I was in the second which went out a day or so later. The 'important letter for Flt Cdr X' was said to have arrived the day after he'd set off for C-Springs.... I was then going to have 'forgotten' to give it to him until we were on our way home (to stop the bugger getting to a phone!).

As usual, much unserviceability and games of musical aeroplanes then ensued, so I had to brief another mate to hand over the envelope at the right moment. But it got even better, Flt Cdr X was on an early start and was annoyed and grumpy already after someone had woken him up the previous evening. Then, on the day of the trail, the AARC re-crunched the trip and instead of the night stop in Dayton Ohio which they'd been looking forward to, they were told to go direct to Goose Bay. Our victim was now really pissed off - and during the flight the envelope was delivered to him as planned.....with perfect timing!

At Goose he was beside himself with misery as the 'joining date' for his Staff College posting was only a few days after he was due to get home. Even the Boss was in on it - "Well, X, it's a really good career move - you can't possibly turn it down...."

They let him moan and sulk all evening, until they couldn't stand it any longer (I was still safely down at Lincoln, Nebraska!). "Cheer up, you old misery", said the Boss, "It's not the end of the world. Anyway, you must have known you were in the frame - those joining instructions go out months in advance!"

"No, Boss - it has only just been signed - look, here it is. 'Dear X....., yours aye, AVM P-E' dated 1 Apr 1985"

"What was that date again, X?"

"1st April.....NO!! You buggers! It isn't... It can't be...but it's got everything else as well - a car pass application even..."

"It is - GOTCHA! Now, have a beer!"

Had to avoid him for a few weeks after we got home - but he did see the funny side.

Sorry, Al! ;)

For a good spoof you need a carefully worked out but reasonably simple plan, well-briefed confederates, the ability to cuff it as required - and some convincing paperwork! It takes a few weeks to set it up if it's going to work.

Anyone remember 115 Sqn's wonderful 'Sweater, cashmere with moleskin facings' spoof letter which appeared around the RAF in 1980? It was supposed to be about a replacement Officer's Mess Kit item which would replace the No 5 jacket and cummerbund! They'd dropped them off whilst calibrating; to add authenticity all the tailor's adverts had been amended to include 'Sweater, cashmere (Officers).........£78.55 (Avail. 1 Apr 80)' or something similar.

SALAD DODGER
13th Apr 2006, 14:32
Chicken powered nukes (http://joe-ks.com/archives_apr2004/Chicken_Nuclear.htm):confused:

WebPilot
13th Apr 2006, 15:09
How about something like this? I mean, this has got to be a prank....hasn't it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/4906618.stm

The Rocket
13th Apr 2006, 16:48
I know, I could scarcely believe it myself!!!

BLACKPOOL AIRPORT having TOO BIG A NAME:eek: :E