PDA

View Full Version : Ground Pattern Clothing

fat albert
30th Mar 2006, 17:54
Cracking news. No longer is ground pattern clothing authorised for wear on our aircraft. Cheers team. I assume you'll be pulling 500 desert flying suits out of your collective arses? Ah. Thought not; you're too busy covering them :mad:
Best I dig out that bunny suit for the next BSR det :hmm:
PS. I know dpm burns like buggery but a) I'd like to be able to make the decision myself and b) if they were that concerned about my Health and Safety there'd be a lot more nice things hanging off my aircraft when I go into theatre.
Hoop.

SirToppamHat
30th Mar 2006, 18:02
Presumably the limitation does not apply to pax??

STH

fat albert
30th Mar 2006, 18:30
:) No, but I think it should. And they should all wear flourescent jackets too.

:ok:

The Helpful Stacker
30th Mar 2006, 18:38
:) No, but I think it should. And they should all wear flourescent jackets too.
:ok:

Its hard enough getting ground pattern clothing for the masses off us stackers, it'd be sheer hell trying to get grow bags for everybody.

Perhaps we could instrument a one size fits all policy for everyone (strokes chin and looks towards the GEMS form...).;)

Talk Wrench
30th Mar 2006, 19:09
Check out your local ATC "squadron"

They'll have all the kit you ever needed.:hmm:

Talk Wrench

StopStart
30th Mar 2006, 19:25
Of course the biggest worry about all this is being mistaken for a Tristar steward....

Seriously though, this is a super idea and I for one shall be wearing my desert flying suit with pride.

Oh look.....
http://www.pprune.org/images/3flypigs.gif

TacEval Inject
30th Mar 2006, 20:15
Kind of stupid really, seeing as SH mates are being are getting either a) desert gro-bags, or b) desert DPM fire retardant clothing for use in the sandpit.

The grown-ups (so to speak) had their hand forced post puma crash in 04. 'Bout bl00dy time too.

TI

fat albert
30th Mar 2006, 21:57
Give us the fire retardent desert DPM then. As it stands at the moment they're talking about us going back to the sandpit in green flying suits and black flying boots cos there aren't any dessie flying suits and desert boots explode within 5 metres of a naked flame (or something like that).

Given that the nomex works only with an extra layer underneath I hope to see you all in your green rollnecks and long johns this summer.

:rolleyes:

The Helpful Stacker
31st Mar 2006, 05:13
I thought that one of the other reasons the the SH crews were keen to wear 'ground pattern clothing' rather than grow bags was incase they had an unplanned stop and were forced to walk out with their cargo, wearing the same kit helping them blend in. More of an Iraq/Afghanistan thing than NW Europe admittedly

WIWOWessex
31st Mar 2006, 13:34
The original idea to have us all dressed the same was supposedly to stop ivan/slobodan/achmed from identifying the aircrew from the pongos.
The fact is the aircrew would stand out without the need for different clothes. Their captors would only need to ask a question requiring an answer involving more than three sylables or discount anyone with the following traits:-receeding forehead, dragging knuckles and drool from a permanently half opened mouth. Once all the pongoes had been identified all that would be left would be the aircrew; Army, RN and RAF!!

PileUp Officer
31st Mar 2006, 13:43
Or ask them a question and see which ones explain the answer whilst waving their hands about in "I went like this, he went like this, I was like where'd he go? He was like Where'd who go" Top Gun stylee. :cool:

Or in the case of Harrier/F3/Chinook/Anythingdifferenttowhatyoufly mates just wait for them to introduce themselves as "Hi, i'm Bloggs, I fly ....."

thelynxeffect
3rd Apr 2006, 10:11
The fact is the aircrew would stand out without the need for different clothes. Their captors would only need to ask a question requiring an answer involving more than three sylables or discount anyone with the following traits:-receeding forehead, dragging knuckles and drool from a permanently half opened mouth. Once all the pongoes had been identified all that would be left would be the aircrew; Army, RN and RAF!!

My first thought was that you were a pratt, maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it

Tourist
3rd Apr 2006, 11:54
My first thought was that was sh1t banter lynxaffect........
maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it..............