PDA

View Full Version : OAT - APP vs 'waypoint' job success figures

fly20
30th Mar 2006, 14:32
Having been a regular observer of the OAT website whilst considering which school to apply to I noticed a significant change between last year and this year, in that on the "recruitment" page which listed how many students had gained jobs with airlines there is no longer a breakdown for intergrated and modular students. If I remember rightly the 2005 modular total of student getting a job was a bit higher than the integrated, and the subsequent removal of this breakdown suggests OAT is worried people are going to plump for the MUCH cheaper WAYPOINT programme - a snip at ~£30k compared to the £60k APP.
What are other PPRUNERS opinions on this - does modular offer better value for money at OAT. I've heard that althought the APP integrated course promises you lots of help getting a job, students have reported that this is not the case and you are left to your own devices.

sicky
30th Mar 2006, 14:37
i'm sure i read somewhere today that some airlines will only take integrated, or prefer to. however i expect somebodyo tp tell me i'm way off on that, and i hope they do.

hope you don't mind but i'd just like to add another question to your post, you may be able to answer it - do you need a ppl before you take any of oat's courses now? i read on their site that they no longer offer a ppl course, so i thought that maybe before you take their appfo course you may need a ppl?

no sponsor
31st Mar 2006, 14:32
sicky,

Integrated courses take you from 0hrs through all training to become qualified as a commercial pilot. You therefore don't need a PPL.

If you train somewhere else for your PPL, you can either do an integrated course (with less hrs, subject to approval by the CAA) or you can do a modular course, and continue learning to do the CPL.

I think you should call OATS - they'll be able to answer all your questions.