PDA

View Full Version : Nice book - fine tribute -'Red Arrows'-Matt Jarvis

STANDTO
30th Mar 2006, 08:54
A thoughtful relative has just presented me with a signed copy of 'Red Arrows' by Richard Baker. She met him last week at a photography seminar.

The photographs really capture the atmosphere of a year with the team, and the 'sandcastle airshow' snaps of people craning their necks in the English sunshine are superb.

The rather special part though, is in the last few pages, where there is a tribute to Matt Jarvis, to whom the book is dedicated. I am sure there are others, but it is a fine immortalisation of a young man's life and dreams.

If you get chance, have a look.

Tombstone
30th Mar 2006, 10:06
I did a quick 'Amazon' search with no joy unfortunately. Is there any way you could post the ISBN number on this thread please?

Top man Matt, nice to see a tribute go out for him.:ok:

STANDTO
30th Mar 2006, 13:43
GLAD TO OBLIGE
isbn 1-85443-217-6

Published by Dalton Watson fine books www.daltonwatson.com

http://www.daltonwatson.com/redarrows.htm is a preview. some great 'top of the loop' shots from literally the top of the loop!

threepointonefour
31st Mar 2006, 18:46
I very much like the photography on the eg page - this guy does know how to capture the atmosphere rather than the SOP bland, 'bunch of red aeroplanes'.

Tombstone
31st Mar 2006, 22:12
Thanks for the ISBN, hope to get my copy soon.

I agree with 3.14, top photography, very atmospheric as opposed to the normal crap you get from RAFAT endorsed publications!