PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 Boeing 757 Fleet

jethro15
29th Mar 2006, 16:59
Have Jet2 decided against their third B757?, as the particular a/c in question has reverted back to US marks

jethro
UK and Ireland Airline Fleet Listings
http://www.jethros.i12.com

crewboi83
29th Mar 2006, 23:01
Can anyone shine any light on G-LSAC, the 3rd 757 to join jet2.
It was registered in March, arrived in Southend for work before entering service, but has since been deregistered on march 27th back to a US registration.
Thanks Guys

Plain.spotter
30th Mar 2006, 11:11
Its for the New York route. :-)

tallulah1978
30th Mar 2006, 11:45
Hi I'm Cabin Crew for Jet2.com. We keep hearing rumours about Shar-mel Sheik and New York but the New York one keeps being dismissed as apparently PM does not have good relations with the US?

So is there some truth in it? Can I get excited that I will be spreading my wings further than Amsterdam and Malaga?

Oshkosh George
30th Mar 2006, 12:36
Was there not some rumour that this aircraft was going to be used in Afghanistan (based Dubai)? Therefore country of registration could be political/convenient?

crewboi83
30th Mar 2006, 12:51
As far as i understood the Afghan work was AEU, with 2 757s based in DXB
I too work for jet2.com and hear many rumours altho the 757 long haul one is one that i dont think will cum true any time soon, so i too will only be going as far as AMS and AGP!!!!

jethro15
30th Mar 2006, 13:14
As far as i understood the Afghan work was AEU, with 2 757s based in DXB
That's correct
http://www.jethros.i12.com/fleets/fleet_listings/astraeus.htm

Oshkosh George
30th Mar 2006, 15:01
Thanks,I knew I read something about Afghanistan. I'll go and do some more swatting!

ryansf
30th Mar 2006, 19:24
While on the subject of Jet2 757s, what are the cabins of them like? Are they leather like the rest of the fleet?

Cheers

Ryan

jet2impress
1st Apr 2006, 13:03
Yep, all 228 seats are leather.

So, does anyone know what has happened at G-LSAC?

jet2AOG
5th Apr 2006, 13:57
G-LSAC is currently in southend for maintenance and paint! It will join jet2 MAN at the end of the month or early next month! I believe the reg changes were to enable the aircraft to fly out of the US to the UK! for maintenance. It is current reg now is N something and will change to G-LSAC when it passes a CAA airtest, its a 1992 build a/c and will be the youngest a/c in fleet! I can only guess that it was pre registered to reserve the reg or some one screwed up down the line! the latter being my fav, knowing jet2!

PS G-LSAD should come on line in late june or early july all be well! no idea where it will be based. 95% sure its not MAN, could be LBA or NCL or who knows maybe theres a TFS base in the pipeline! Good new rumour that one!

spanishflea
6th Apr 2006, 16:16
G-LSAC is currently in southend for maintenance and paint! It will join jet2 MAN at the end of the month or early next month! I believe the reg changes were to enable the aircraft to fly out of the US to the UK! for maintenance. It is current reg now is N something and will change to G-LSAC when it passes a CAA airtest, its a 1992 build a/c and will be the youngest a/c in fleet! I can only guess that it was pre registered to reserve the reg or some one screwed up down the line! the latter being my fav, knowing jet2!!

Those reasons dont really stand up, as the 3rd 757 arrived at Southend on its original US reg, changed to the UK reg, then went to a new US reg. So it flew over from the US on its original reg, and both changed to, and from its UK reg whist at Southend.

Still a bit of a mystery!

jet2AOG
7th Apr 2006, 17:21
since found out that the thrid 757 is sat at southend awaiting work, in this time it has been transfered back to the us and is owned by a us holding company! bit of a mistery! not sure if its some sort of tax or fees dodge! However i am assured that it will be the aircraft that is joining the fleet! just a case of when!

ILS Repeater
7th Apr 2006, 17:36
G-LSAC is still planned to be the third in the fleet for Jet2. Currently awaiting UK CAA approval before inclusion to the AOC, hence the re/de registration. Will however be in 234 seat config. Dont know where it will be based but suspect MAN.

I have heard nothing about G-LSAD ! however, G-CELO (formerly TF-ELO) will leave StAthan at the nd of next month to join the 737 fleet at LBA.

Rudder Pedals
7th Apr 2006, 20:02
Dont know where it will be based but suspect MAN.
G-LSAC will be LBA based, along with AB. Meanwhile AA will be based at MAN.

Jet2 are also leasing another B737-300, this time from Futura. I believe the lease begins tomorrow and ends towards the end June.

LOGICAL
7th Apr 2006, 20:47
Jet 2 have been to look at another 757, which will go off lease at the end of April.

Rudder Pedals
7th Apr 2006, 20:52
This particular B757 wouldn't have anything to do with Air Scotland, would it?

ILS Repeater
8th Apr 2006, 09:13
Rudder Pedals..

Jet2 are also leasing another B737-300, this time from Futura. I believe the lease begins tomorrow and ends towards the end June.[/quote]

The Futura lease has fallen through, hence all the roster changes coming up.

LBIA
8th Apr 2006, 15:27
Hi

Jet2's 3rd B757-200 N254DG has been put back onto here new UK reg again G-LSAC as of Friday 7th April 2006.

Well thats according to the CAA's G-INFO data base website.

Hope this helps

LBIA
8th Apr 2006, 15:29
Rudder Pedals..

Jet2 are also leasing another B737-300, this time from Futura. I believe the lease begins tomorrow and ends towards the end June.

The Futura lease has fallen through, hence all the roster changes coming up.[/QUOTE]

Fly Globespan's B737-300 TF-ELM turned up at LBA this morning. So I guess this is a direct replacement for the Fallen Through leased Futura B737-300.

Polehill.flt70
8th Apr 2006, 20:33
Fly Globespan's B737-300 TF-ELM turned up at LBA this morning. So I guess this is a direct replacement for the Fallen Through leased Futura B737-300.

I wondered what that was doing there and thanks for the number, i couldnt see it from where i was (!), and i had trouble working it out (blooming lamp posts!!!). :oh:

P