PDA

View Full Version : What's happening at Sunnies?

turbinejunkie
29th Mar 2006, 13:57
Hi all. Sorry about the long gap since last corresponding here on this wonderful platform - have had a busy life since last time round!:D
Just wondering what is happening with recruitment at Sunstate presently? I myself had an interview with TR and GY in June or July last year (can't remember exactly when as so bloody long ago :}) and got a letter stating I was successful and would be contacted when next recruiting.
However, 9 or 10 months on and apparently no closer to the show than before the interview. :confused: TR has indicated no idea on the future staffing situation in subsequent follow up calls.
Is this the real deal with the Q400's up and running now?
Is the C&T system really bogged down, therefore no new starters for the time being and just a matter of sit tight and all will be well - (have heard that recent recruitment has taken place but can't confirm the story).
Any first hand info from Sunnies drivers or others in the know would be greatly appreciated as well as any practical advice on what might get the juices going again with those who invite you into a better life!
TJ.
:ok:

turbantime
29th Mar 2006, 21:26
Hmmm....better give em a call....if you've done an interview and have been successful as you stated then you would have definitely been on a course. I know for sure that there was a course in December last year and heard strong rumours of one in Jan/Feb of this year.

Good luck with it.

speedjet
30th Mar 2006, 04:36
Recruitment has been continuous this year so far with so many new faces in the crewroom. One of the requirements now imposed by QF is to have passed the Pysch/Skills, so unless you have that no matter what letter you received from TR, you can't be employed.
It appears thou that recruitment is now slowing down as there is a backlog of new F/O's still to be line trained

R.Cruizo
30th Mar 2006, 06:55
TJ,
They might be doing you a favour by making you wait! The pay is quite good ( for regionals) and so is the maintainence on the A/C.

Behind closed doors there is alot of Childish politics, expect in some cases a large GA Aero-club with the corresponding unhappiness and ego's.

Continue to look around.

Be careful for what you wish, you just may get it !!

No worries mate
30th Mar 2006, 07:35
Is it true there have been a few senior pilots failing their Q400 training. I also hear FO's are getting their Q400 training and then leaving for Command Jobs in Japan.

speedjet
30th Mar 2006, 08:14
Yes a few captains have failed to meet the standard for the 400. Senior thou, anyone on the 400 is high on seniority but not necessarily senior with regard to management positions.

Only 1 F/O has resigned that was going to be on the 400 and he left to go fly B737.

There has only been about 3 resignations in the last 12 months, so it is not as if we are leaving in large numbers

turbinejunkie
1st Apr 2006, 09:24
Thanks guys. Confirms my concerns :{
Incidentally Speedjet, I should have mentioned that I passed the QF psych and skills about 18 months ago.
Who can fathom the mysteries in the mind of the recruiter? Especially if said recruiter belongs to the Ratline or its Ratlings! ;)
Having said the above, still wouldn't mind a gig though! :E
TJ :ok: