PDA

View Full Version : Skiathos Airport?

G-EDDS
29th Mar 2006, 08:12
Anyone have any information/operator contacts for Skiathos airport so that I could possibly organize the use of a Ac (C172/PA28 ect) for a couple of days while I am on Holiday there this summer? Any information would be appreciated. Cheers EDDS.:ok:

Cusco
29th Mar 2006, 10:17
I flew in commercial a few years ago.

It is/was a small airport solely given to tourist flights and I saw no evidence of GA.

The landing was a nailbiter: our AC Airbus (IIRC) shuddered to a halt on the end turning circle of the runway overlooking the sea.(the runway goes from one side of a narrow bit of the island to the other and is quite short.)

The flight out comes in with just enough fuel to take off with full pax and fly to the Greek mainland, where it lands to pick up enough fuel to get home.

May have changed now of course.

Try the airlines forum for a contact number.

Cheers

Cusco

G-EDDS
29th Mar 2006, 11:16
Cheers Cusco, I to flew in there about 4 years back for a short break. While on the beach I did see some GA although never investigated it any further and now that I am going back this summer with the old bread knife thought it might be a good chance to see one of the best greek islands from the air. Any other takers? :ok:

A and C
30th Mar 2006, 20:06
I'm in and out of skiathos during the summer and have not seen any based GA in fact it,s hard to find much GA south of Corfu.

Why not fly your self down to the Greek islands, it's a great place to fly.

Kyprianos Biris
5th Apr 2006, 21:45
There is no based GA operator in Skiathos.
The apron is really tight there for anything else more than 3 airliners.
Actually its a safety issue due to turbine blast proximity and not the actual parking spots availability for GA aircraft.

http://www.hellasga.com/ -> Aviation Links -> Flight Training ...
There you'll find the available operators/airclubs for rental per airport.

I fly often in Skiathos with GA aircraft and there are only 2~3 parking spots-alike at the north side of the apron. The B738's wingtip passes just few meters from the parking spot, can't get any closer.

G-EDDS
6th Apr 2006, 10:02
Thanks for that KB. Looks like it will mean more time on the beach with fairer or the species!:oh:

Kyprianos Biris
6th Apr 2006, 10:17
Thanks for that KB. Looks like it will mean more time on the beach with fairer or the species!:oh:

Drop me a PM with your schedule and if I happen to be there during your stay we may go for some flying around with the Trinidad (http://hellasga.com/gallery/sxatk).

This is where I stay when I go there (owner is a good friend):
http://www.kanapitsa-hotels.gr/

G-EDDS
6th Apr 2006, 10:28
KB, I will be on the Island from the 1 to 15 Aug 06 and am staying in Koukounaries, so not too far from your friends hotel. If you are around then an aerial view of Skiathos would be superb. Nice pics of your Ac, certainly well equipped! Ragards, G-EDDS :ok:

**777lover**
30th Apr 2006, 13:34
Im out there on Wednesday for a week then again from the 18th of August til the 1st of September. Its our 2nd home and the airport is a real treat! GA does exist out there but as said above with lack of space on the apron they just cant get much in there, and obs the charter flights are of higher importance.

Speak to you all soon :).

Dave