PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe HOLDING POOL REMARKS

zooloflyer
29th Mar 2006, 03:53
Hey Scroggs,

One day - an individual section under the Wannabes Forums...

> Professional Pilot Training (included gound studies)
> Interviews, jobs & sponsorship
> PPRuNe Job Seekers Holding Pool

:ok:

eghi r20
29th Mar 2006, 06:27
Great Idea

lets get a look at some real numbers

SBAB
29th Mar 2006, 07:05
I am all for it!!!!!

eghi r20
29th Mar 2006, 07:39
Cool.......just looks like a total of '6' - just handing in my notice, the jobs as good as mine:O

zooloflyer
29th Mar 2006, 08:01
Anyone a wild guess;

10?
100?
1000?

wingbar
29th Mar 2006, 08:07
Go for this , its a superb idea, we need another section though on the start of the forum.

WB

scameron77
29th Mar 2006, 08:14
I second the motion

scroggs
29th Mar 2006, 08:17
I'm afraid there won't be another forum! In fact, Pprune is likely to see a reduction of the number of forums before long, with the loss of many of the non-core forums.

I am quite happy for you to have these two threads, but I won't make them stickies. Sticky threads just clutter up the forums (have a look at some others on this board) and make it difficult to see what's new.

Scroggs

Gator32
29th Mar 2006, 08:30
It would be a good idea to include an option for where people are currently employed e.g. non-aviation, flying instructor etc etc

zooloflyer
29th Mar 2006, 15:51
WILCO!

and Scroggs, could you please remove Smith asking for rider? I saw this one coming...that's why this thread got created in the first place ;)

zooloflyer
29th Mar 2006, 16:00
...also added age although I'd rather pass on that one:eek:

Wazzoo
29th Mar 2006, 22:32
Dare I say it...you might put to death half the argument of Int vs Mod if people said what type of course they took.

Not to fuel the debate, but rather to take away some of that unknown quantity that leaves most arguments about awash with unfounded comments from both sides..so the Integrated students don't keep talking about the masses of Modular students still waiting for work and vice versa.

Feel free not to, I realise its only a small sideline to the bigger question of just how many are out there and what progress they are making towards a job, which at the end of the day is the most important thing.

[Edit] - Apologies, I see you already have! It wasn't there earlier this afternoon so thought I would mention it!

RVR800
31st Mar 2006, 11:59
Excellent - a very good idea - we could see at a glance how many people were 'out there' rumoured to be in 100s - we dont know....

ChocksAwayUK
31st Mar 2006, 12:22
Excellent - a very good idea - we could see at a glance how many people were 'out there' rumoured to be in 100s - we dont know....

It is a good idea but to get a picture of how many are out there we'd need to know what proportion of unemployed pilots read/post on prune. Anyway that can be estmated, anyone know?

Also (thinking ahead optimistically here!) once you reach jobsville you should make an obvious edit to your post, change background colour or something possibly?

scameron77
31st Mar 2006, 12:57
Chocks,

Personally I think that its unquantifiable. Its encouraging to see people with 3+ interviews on low-ish hours however.

Good shout though on changing the post after attaining a job, maybe also going down and listing those companies who were good enough to see you with your hours total. Maybe highlight those companies we other jobseakers may have overlooked.

Zoolo,

Maybe worth adding in addition to the sound suggestion by Wazzoo we could add the following? (I've added my specifics) As the thread starter your call really if you feel it won't dilute it too much:

PPL attained at (and pass 1st/2nd/3rd): ACF, Long Beach CA, 1st (FAA)
IR attained at (and pass 1st/2nd/3rd): ACF, Long Beach CA, 1st (FAA)
CPL attained at (and pass 1st/2nd/3rd): ACF, Long Beach CA, 1st (FAA)
ATPL attained at (and pass av.): Bristol GS (6 of 14) 91%
+++and if required+++
JAA Conversion attained at (and pass 1st/2nd/3rd):

Just to see if there trends and this would maybe help the guys 250 hours behind us make those all important decsions on where to go and spend their wonga. Also to see if certain schools graduates see to have better sucess rates finding job number one. (Because its PPRuNe I will add that there will be other things the employer will look at as previous education, personality, background, physical appearance, etc. just before anyone gets on my case)

Stephen