PDA

View Full Version : Albanian Airlines

Jimmy The Big Greek
27th Mar 2006, 20:24
I applied to Albanian Airlines. The deadline was 15 of mars but I have not heard anything from them. Has anyone got invited for an interview?

Is it true that the salary for F.O is only 500 euros and that you have to pay for the type?

LOAD
28th Mar 2006, 07:22
Hi, JBG!

How did you apply? Iīve sent them 2 e-mails and also got no answer.:confused:
I donīt know how much they pay, but maybe we find an insider here.

Dieter

Jimmy The Big Greek
28th Mar 2006, 07:36
I sent them an email, fax, and phone call but I can not get any info.

FEDENO
28th Mar 2006, 12:45
I applied too and have no answer too.:confused: :confused: :confused:

LAX
28th Mar 2006, 13:14
Did you know that Albania is one of the poorest countrys in Europe.

A colleague of mine flew to Tirana (LATI) last year only to find on the return flight almost half the passengers were NO SHOW. Turned out that a local bridge had callapsed and they where unable to Go Around (so to speak) on time to make the flight.

ATC is also very dodgy. Was told to report downwind (repeated) when on final approach for Rwy 36 - the active Rwy.

I know some of you guys/gals are desperate for jobs. But ask yourself how desperate. You have been warned.

Jimmy The Big Greek
28th Mar 2006, 18:39
Sir, I have been looking for that first job to come for about 8 years now.
YES, I AM DESPERATE

raviolis
28th Mar 2006, 18:39
500 euros ? LOL

You get more flipping burgers at McDonalds !

For well paid Albanian transport jobs, try speedboats !

Regards,

LAX
28th Mar 2006, 19:17
Jimmy, in that case - Good Luck. Let us know of any progress.

MrMutra
29th Mar 2006, 10:10
I have Flown to Tirana many times and have first hand experiance of the airport, and surrounding area.

Unlike LAX friend I dont think the ATC is " very dodgy " at all, in fact they operate in a very professional way, in my opinion. The handling agents have always been first class, and always met any crew requests on landing whatever the time of day and night. They work hard, and as fast as they can.

Your right the financial economic situation there is a problem. When you go out into Tirana many local shops, hotels and all diplomatic buildings are supplied by large individual electric generaters stuck right outside. About 1/3 of the day they have normal electrical power (mains ). Blackouts common and crime is high especially at night. Our flight crew where fortunate in that we had our own private security during our stay.

We started to taxi 00:10, whilst taxying the airport plunged into darkness until 1 minute later when the airport generators came on line. This can happen in many other destinations too.

My advice apply for the job, if you get the chance go and see for yourself what the terms and conditions are, BUT DO TAKE CARE.

:ok:

Jimmy The Big Greek
29th Mar 2006, 14:57
Thanks for the posts. To be honest, I think they already have hired the people they need. I know that 4 bae-146 pilots from aegean airlines will work for them.

Well I guess I have to continue with my struggle to land that first job :ouch:

I AM NOT GIVING UP :ok:

OXOGEKAS340
29th Mar 2006, 19:52
ALBANIA! What a "wonderful" place to fly! Go-around, because a donkey was walking in the runway! (after an NDB let-down, with poor wx)...!
As far as I know, they pay many times more, when "piloting" those magnificent "Cigarettes", carrying "medecins", from Albania to Corfu, and Italy!:bored:

Jimmy The Big Greek
29th Mar 2006, 20:47
OXOGEKAS, I dont understand what you mean with this.

(As far as I know, they pay many times more, when "piloting" those magnificent "Cigarettes", carrying "medecins", from Albania to Corfu, and Italy!)

Do you mean that they have drugs as cargo or what???? What I know they dont
fly to Corfu.

Jimmy The Big Greek
5th Apr 2006, 12:35
Called today albanian airlines. They told me that they found Bae-146 rated pilots. Better luck next time. :(

WX Man
5th Apr 2006, 18:52
Donkeys on the runway? Electrical generators supplying power when the mains goes off? 500 Eurobucks a month?

Where do I sign :)

Nope, I'm not taking the p***. I really would love that kind of thing. Sounds like a seriously great experience. But then again I do subscribe to this way of thinking: http://www.justramit.co.uk/justramit-342.htm

dimitrispa31
24th May 2006, 17:44
The guys from Aegean didnt go to Albanian Airlines,they went to New Limits Air in Cyprus Jimmy,try applying to Skywings or Mediterranean Air Freight,i have heard they need greek pilots.Good luck

Jimmy The Big Greek
24th May 2006, 18:14
thanks alot for your info