PDA

View Full Version : Baggage question..Melbourne

1DC
26th Mar 2006, 22:42
Sorry if this is the wrong forum but i would appreciate some advice please..
I'm travelling back to the UK next weekend from Melbourne and I have bought my grandson a cricket bat, I was going to carry it home but suddenly had a thought that it may not get through security.Could be seen as a weapon?
It will just go in the suitcase on the diagonal but will be a tight fit.
Can anyone advise if it will be legal to carry it on to the aircraft??

QNH1013.2
26th Mar 2006, 23:30
Errr NO!

Check the website of the carrier.

A cricket bat may as well be a weapon.

Wrap it in plastic and strap it to your checked baggage, not difficult.

HERETH ENDS THIS THREAD.

BD1959
26th Mar 2006, 23:32
From the QF website:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Sporting goods' include but are not limited to: sporting bats, billiard/snooker/pool cues, catapults.

If you are carrying any such items, they must be packed in your checked baggage. If you try to carry them in your cabin baggage or on your person, the airport screening services will remove them. They will not be returned to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BD

Bevan666
26th Mar 2006, 23:36
A year or so ago I brought home a Tin Tin rocket from Brussels. It was a metal rocket looking thing about 30cm high or so.

I took it back as hand luggage, and at every baggage scanner (Brussels, London, Singapore) the poor security folks almost fainted. 'Argh, there is a rocket in his bag!' . Once I showed them it was just a metal toy, it was passed through.

Had a nice pointy bit on the end too...

Bevan..

1DC
27th Mar 2006, 01:15
Thanks for this i will put in checked baggage.
Did try the carriers website but whilst the bits where you could book flights etc. was working the information sections were not..

Ozgrade3
27th Mar 2006, 03:30
Also, make sure u get it sent down the oversize belt, not the normal one at checkin. Put an oversize sticker on it so it comes back to you on the oversize belt at the other end. That way it wont get stuck or damaged.