PDA

View Full Version : Reach - Pay Attention !

javelin
26th Mar 2006, 20:08
Why do we hear more and more - ATC trying to get in contact with Reach aeroplanes ?

London were trying for 15 minutes to get in touch with one, on freqency and on 121.5, nothing - eventually got in touch, the guy couldn't have cared less, no apology, got his frequency and left.

They can't do clearances, they don't know how to do a position report, they clog the HF, why can't they comply to normal operating procedures ?

Guy D'ageradar
27th Mar 2006, 07:05
Come on - when they can't even be bothered to bring appropriate approach charts when they have dubya on board - what do you expect? (Oh and isn't that illegal?) :E

danceswithsheep
27th Mar 2006, 08:16
You are all being a bit harsh I think.......You have to remember its not like they are on usual routes for them, generally they are going to places noone wants to go(Prestwick) and its long sectors in a noisy cockpit.................................and of course they are SEPTIC TANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am married to one and she only listens when its benificial to herself. Please remember English is a second language in a large part of the country......in fact I seem to remember that the US of A does not have an offical language for fear of upsetting the Spanish/Mexican etc population.
Try yelling in Spanish if English is not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:E

BALIX
27th Mar 2006, 11:01
I am married to one

Your missus is a Reach pilot? You kept that one quiet... ;)

danceswithsheep
27th Mar 2006, 13:25
The only Reaching she does is for my wallet!!!!!! :confused:

Don't Tell Him Pike
27th Mar 2006, 14:04
going to places noone wants to go(Prestwick)

He's not wrong!

rab-k
27th Mar 2006, 14:08
DTHP

Oh come on...

The 70K pa will sweeten that particular bitter pill.

Still, could be worse, could be Saf 'ampton!

:D

Thread drift warning!!!

Personal experience with 'W-end Warriors' driving C5/17s etc is on the whole not too bad, with the exception of aforementioned periods of deafness. Occassionally they do ask to go off-freq for 10 mins or so but I'm sure not all of them ask. Come back Croughton!!!

danceswithsheep
27th Mar 2006, 15:00
Your right Rab of course. Most of the time I am sure they are concentrating on a type they are not used too all the time. We have also had problems with famous UK based operators going quiet on us. Your only option is to file but bear something else in mind.............With Reach, as with all foriegn to UK Airspace pilots......give them thinking time for a response as you may be talking over their reply(just a little delayed)

rolaaand
27th Mar 2006, 15:07
"RCH100 Turnberry 1 Delta arrival for runway 31 at Prestwick"
"It's a what now sir?"

It seems like for the most part they are clueless Cletus bumpkin types who would get on a lot better if they let the pig under thier arm fly the plane.

javelin
27th Mar 2006, 16:36
Ask a Septic a question that doesn't require a yes/no answer and you may be in for a wait :E

chevvron
27th Mar 2006, 16:45
I like it when they're flying along an airway that turns at a VOR; they just carry on on the original heading and leave CAS!!